Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: How to reattach a mirror?
Operating Systems Solaris How to reattach a mirror? Post 302747579 by brownwrap on Friday 21st of December 2012 04:26:59 PM
Old 12-21-2012
Yes, back up

The last remaining item is the remove the databases that were associated with the root drive. It is not longer mirrored but the state databases remain.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Screen doesn't reattach

delete this (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: kharlog
0 Replies

2. Solaris

mirror failed

i am working in sun solaris unix platform with storage device T3+ i got an error message mirror failed i have telneted to the storage and gave the command format it gives disk not available , i have shifted my storage from node A to node B then i gave the same command format by telneting to... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sasiprabu
0 Replies

3. AIX

Resizing VG with mirror

Dear Friends, I would like to know if there is any chance to expand a Volume Group, If this VG have a mirror. If there is any chance to do this what would be the safer way to avoid lost any data. Sorry about my English.:D Thanks a lot. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: chrispaz
1 Replies

4. AIX

how to mirror raid5

Hi, I have an ssa filesystem to move to san. We don't want any downtime. I heard that you can do a mirroring of existing file system on the san. The file system is a type of either raid 0, raid 1, or raid 5. Anyone know how to do this? Thanks in advance, itik (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: itik
4 Replies

5. AIX

mirror rootvg

Hello I have a question I have a box with Aix 5.3 with rootvg on mirror. I deleted a filesystem and I create a new one to install some software but when I type lsvg -l rootvg all my filesystems has mirror unless the new one. My question is I can mirror this fs only ??? or I have to... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: lo-lp-kl
9 Replies

6. Solaris

ZFS Mirror versus Hardware Mirror

I've looked a little but haven't found a solid answer, assuming there is one. What's better, hardware mirroring or ZFS mirroring? Common practice for us was to use the raid controllers on the Sun x86 servers. Now we've been using ZFS mirroring since U6. Any performance difference? Any other... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lespaul20
3 Replies

7. Solaris

What is mirror and sub mirror in RAID -1 SVM

Hi , I am new to SVM .when i try to learn RAID 1 , first they are creating two RAID 0 strips through metainit d51 1 1 c0t0d0s2 metainit d52 1 1 c1t0d0s2 In the next step metainit d50 -m d51 d50: Mirror is setup next step is metaattach d50 d52 d50 : submirror d52 is... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: vr_mari
7 Replies

8. Solaris

Mirror patching

HI Friends.... kindly explain os mirror patching?in SVM and Vxvm. :wall: (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Rajesh_Apple
1 Replies

9. HP-UX

What is the difference between DRD and Root Mirror Disk using LVM mirror ?

what is the difference between DRD and Root Mirror Disk using LVM mirror ? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: maxim42
3 Replies
atsutil(8)						    BSD System Manager's Manual 						atsutil(8)

NAME
atsutil -- font registration system utility SYNOPSIS
atsutil fonts [-list | -verify] atsutil databases [-remove | -removeUser] atsutil server [-ping | -shutdown] atsutil help DESCRIPTION
atsutil tool controls some aspects of the font registration system. It may be used to modify font auto activation settings, font protection settings, remove font registration databases and caches, or restart the font registration daemon. fonts enumerates all fonts available to processes in the OS. It also performs a consistency check of the fonts available via font management APIs. databases will remove fontd System or User databases along with any cache files. Removing databases may cause the loss of font registration state: fonts activated outside the standard font directories, font faces disabled, and font libraries. New databases will be regenerated from fonts installed the standard font directories after the user logs out, restarts, or the fontd server is restarted. server queries the status of fontd or shutdowns the fontd. Shutting down the fontd will spawn a new fontd. Shutting down the server is NOT recommended and will likely lead to misrendered text or application crashes. OPTIONS
fonts [-list | -verify] -list lists and performs a consistency check on registered fonts. -verify performs consistency a check on registered fonts. databases [-remove | -removeUser] -remove remove fontd databases for active user and system (used when no one is logged in and some background processes). -removeUser remove fontd databases for the active user only. server [-ping | -shutdown] -ping query running fontd. -shutdown shutdown fontd and spawn a new fontd. NOTE: this action is not recommended. See above. SEE ALSO
fontd(8) HISTORY
atsutil first appeared in MacOS X 10.5. Mac OS June 1, 2019 Mac OS