Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting HELP with awk or sed. Need to replace all IP address by 2 Post 302747495 by rdrtx1 on Friday 21st of December 2012 12:27:39 PM
Old 12-21-2012
try:
Code:
awk 'BEGIN {a[1]="239.0.0.1"; a[0]="239.0.0.2"} /<IP>/ {sub(">.*<",">" a[NR %2] "<")} 1 ' tsp.xml

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace tr/sed with awk

There is a service that runs that we call multi-streaming that calls a shell script multiple times simultaneously. In this shell script is the following line: tr '\r' '\n' < $POLLFILE.OUT | sed '/0000000000000016000A/d' > $POLLFILE When I run this manually it produces the desired results, but... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: philplasma
6 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sed help to replace and then awk

Sed help echo "(200 rows affected)" | sed -e '/\(//p' | sed -e '/\)//p' | awk '{print $1}' I want output as "200" Please help me correct (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pinnacle
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace Strings with sed or awk

Hello i need some help with the usage of sed. Situation : 2 textfiles, file.in , file.out In the first textfile which is called file.in are the words for the substitution. Every word is in a new-line like : Firstsub Secondsub Thridsub ... In the second textflie wich is called file.out is... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kingbruce
5 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

replace 0.00 with awk/sed

Hi I have a problem when i use awk or sed to replace characters in file. For example when I want to replace line like this : 00000O120100512 1.70 1.59 0.00 +7.280 I want to get a new line : 0000000O120100512 1.70 1.59 13.56 +7.280 In ksh : awk... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Artur
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Get Local IP address using Sed, Awk

Hi All, how to get solaris box local ip addresss in variable, using sed or awk utlities. Thanks, Mani Muthu (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: k_manimuthu
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed and awk -Find and Replace

All, I have thousands of lines in a file with following format DATA=_ONE_XXX_YYY_CCC_HHHG_ DATA1=_GGG_JJJJ_HHH_UUU_JJJJ_HHHH_LLL_ DATA3=_MMM_GG_NN_QQQQ_FFF_III_ I want to replace _ with . by ignoring the first (=_) and last (_) So that out put should looks like... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: baluchen
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

IP Address Modification through awk/sed

Hi, I have to modify the 2nd and 3rd octet of the IP address through awk/sed. For Example: Given IP is : 10.205.22.254, it should be modified as 10.105.100.254 through awk/sed. Kindly help me on this and let me know if you have any questions. Thanks in advances. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kumarbka
2 Replies

8. Debian

Using awk and sed to replace text

Good Day Every one I have a problem finding and replacing text in some large files that will take a long time to manually edit. Example text file looks like this #Example Large Text File unix linux dos squid bind dance bike car plane What im trying to do is to edit all the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: linuxjunkie
4 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Replace using sed or awk

Hi, Need a help to replace a word if a pattern is found between the delimiters preferably using SED or AWK. below is the sample file that iam dealing with, need to match pattern 'application' if found replace the whole word between the delimiters and also print the lines that don't match.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tech_frk
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace my perl with awk or sed

My code below will print only the email address from all lines. I want to convert it with sed or awk.. also what if i just want to find only filenames. cat LIS_EMAIL | perl -wne'while(/+@+\w+/g){print "$&\n"}' Hoping to extract the filename such us .exe, .bin. From file that has scrambled... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: invinzin21
8 Replies
BEGIN(7)						  PostgreSQL 9.2.7 Documentation						  BEGIN(7)

NAME
BEGIN - start a transaction block SYNOPSIS
BEGIN [ WORK | TRANSACTION ] [ transaction_mode [, ...] ] where transaction_mode is one of: ISOLATION LEVEL { SERIALIZABLE | REPEATABLE READ | READ COMMITTED | READ UNCOMMITTED } READ WRITE | READ ONLY [ NOT ] DEFERRABLE DESCRIPTION
BEGIN initiates a transaction block, that is, all statements after a BEGIN command will be executed in a single transaction until an explicit COMMIT(7) or ROLLBACK(7) is given. By default (without BEGIN), PostgreSQL executes transactions in "autocommit" mode, that is, each statement is executed in its own transaction and a commit is implicitly performed at the end of the statement (if execution was successful, otherwise a rollback is done). Statements are executed more quickly in a transaction block, because transaction start/commit requires significant CPU and disk activity. Execution of multiple statements inside a transaction is also useful to ensure consistency when making several related changes: other sessions will be unable to see the intermediate states wherein not all the related updates have been done. If the isolation level, read/write mode, or deferrable mode is specified, the new transaction has those characteristics, as if SET TRANSACTION (SET_TRANSACTION(7)) was executed. PARAMETERS
WORK, TRANSACTION Optional key words. They have no effect. Refer to SET TRANSACTION (SET_TRANSACTION(7)) for information on the meaning of the other parameters to this statement. NOTES
START TRANSACTION (START_TRANSACTION(7)) has the same functionality as BEGIN. Use COMMIT(7) or ROLLBACK(7) to terminate a transaction block. Issuing BEGIN when already inside a transaction block will provoke a warning message. The state of the transaction is not affected. To nest transactions within a transaction block, use savepoints (see SAVEPOINT(7)). For reasons of backwards compatibility, the commas between successive transaction_modes can be omitted. EXAMPLES
To begin a transaction block: BEGIN; COMPATIBILITY
BEGIN is a PostgreSQL language extension. It is equivalent to the SQL-standard command START TRANSACTION (START_TRANSACTION(7)), whose reference page contains additional compatibility information. The DEFERRABLE transaction_mode is a PostgreSQL language extension. Incidentally, the BEGIN key word is used for a different purpose in embedded SQL. You are advised to be careful about the transaction semantics when porting database applications. SEE ALSO
COMMIT(7), ROLLBACK(7), START TRANSACTION (START_TRANSACTION(7)), SAVEPOINT(7) PostgreSQL 9.2.7 2014-02-17 BEGIN(7)