Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to extract 4th field if numerics? Post 302747319 by CHoggarth on Friday 21st of December 2012 04:23:02 AM
Old 12-21-2012
Thanks for the replies - when I started testing more fully I discivered some other issues with my data which mean I needed to do somethign slightly different.

Thansk for your help though.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Drop records with non-numerics in field X

I have tab delimited file and need to remove all records prior to sort, that have non-numerics in the Field 2. valid/invalid field 2 data examples are: " 123" valid "1 23" invalid " NOPE" invalid I've tried this awk it does not recognize tab as the delimiter or check... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: akxeman
3 Replies

2. AIX

display file where 4th field = 200704

Hello I have a file which is pipe delimited. The 4 th field has value like 200704 or 200705 etc. Now i have to get only those records where 4th field is 200704 How can i do this? I have to get the whole record where 4th field = 200704 (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: vasuarjula
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

display file where 4th field = 200704

Hello I have a file which is pipe delimited. The 4 th field has value like 200704 or 200705 etc. Now i have to get only those records where 4th field is 200704 How can i do this? I have to get the whole record where 4th field = 200704 (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: vasuarjula
7 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to extract 3rd line 4th column of a file

Hi, Shell script: I would need help on How to extract 3rd line 4th column of a file with single liner Thanks in advance. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: krishnamurthig
4 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

extract a field by logic

below are the contents of file 'tmp.out': 2|34|534| 1|355|54| 1|443|34| 3|43|768| 3|7|887| 1|9|990| How do I extract the 2nd and 3rd columns of file 'tmp.out' only when the first column equals '1'. Note that this file will be huge; atleast 5million+ rows, so I want to avoid looping... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ChicagoBlues
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace 4th field if null

Hi .. Can some one please suggest me how to replace 4th field(column) of a .csv file with "NA" if it is null. Input file data: |A|21|B1||1.1| |A|21|C|RAGH|1.1| |A|21|D1||1.1| |A|21|C|YES|1.1 Expected Output |A|21|B1|NA|1.1| |A|22|C|RAGH|1.1| |B|23|D1|NA|1.1| |A|24|C|YES|1.1| Thank... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: pasupuleti81
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract Field from a file

I have an input file with content like : 18:51:18 | 217863|Acct 0110855565|RC 17608| 16 Subs| 1596 UsgRecs| 2 Secs| 430 CPUms| prmis2:26213 <MoveUsage d aemon needs to run on this account before it can be billed.> 23:03:30 | 896529|Acct 2063947620|RC 17608| 8 Subs| 148 UsgRecs| ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rajesh Putnala
9 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to extract 3rd,4th and 5th element

Hi All! I trying to execute this perl script to extract a particular field in a text file, luckily it works. But, right now I would like to extract 3 more fields in the text file but couldnt get the right syntax on how to do it. command is: perl -pe '$_ = (split(//)) . "\n"' TestDoc.txt... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: VicNetIT
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl script to split the text file after every 4th field

I had a text file(comma seperated values) which contains as below 196237,ram,25-May-06,ram.kiran@xyz.com,204183,Pavan,4-Jun-07,Pavan.Desai@xyz.com,237107,ram Chandra,15-Mar-10,ram.krishna@xyz.com ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: giridhar276
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract lines whose third field is 0

Hi, I have a file with colon separated values like below. How can i get those lines whose third field is 0 (zero). In the below example, lines starting with stapler and tempo has its third field as 0 $ cat list.txt galaxy:b:5:world stapler:a:0:hello abc:a:4:stomper kepler:uic:5:jam... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: John K
8 Replies
TFTPD(8)						    BSD System Manager's Manual 						  TFTPD(8)

NAME
tftpd -- DARPA Trivial File Transfer Protocol server SYNOPSIS
tftpd [-n] [-s] [directory ...] DESCRIPTION
Tftpd is a server which supports the DARPA Trivial File Transfer Protocol. The TFTP server operates at the port indicated in the 'tftp' ser- vice description; see services(5). The server is normally started by inetd(8). The use of tftp(1) does not require an account or password on the remote system. Due to the lack of authentication information, tftpd will allow only publicly readable files to be accessed. Files may be written only if they already exist and are publicly writable. Note that this extends the concept of ``public'' to include all users on all hosts that can be reached through the network; this may not be appropriate on all systems, and its implications should be considered before enabling tftp service. The server should have the user ID with the lowest possible privilege. Access to files may be controlled by invoking tftpd with a list of directories by including pathnames as server program arguments in /etc/inetd.conf. In this case access is restricted to files whose names are prefixed by the one of the given directories. If no directories are supplied the default is /tftpboot. To give out access to the whole filesystem, should this be desired for some reason, supply / as an argument. Unfortunately, on multi-homed systems, it is impossible for tftpd to determine the address on which a packet was received. As a result, tftpd uses two different mechanisms to guess the best source address to use for replies. If the socket that inetd(8) passed to tftpd is bound to a particular address, tftpd uses that address for replies. Otherwise, tftpd uses ``UDP connect'' to let the kernel choose the reply address based on the destination of the replies and the routing tables. This means that most setups will work transparently, while in cases where the reply address must be fixed, the virtual hosting feature of inetd(8) can be used to ensure that replies go out from the correct address. These considerations are important, because most tftp clients will reject reply packets that appear to come from an unexpected address. The options are: -n Suppresses negative acknowledgement of requests for nonexistent relative filenames. -s All absolute filenames are treated as if they were preceded by the first directory argument, or /tftpboot if there is none. SEE ALSO
tftp(1), inetd(8) HISTORY
The tftpd command appeared in 4.2BSD. Linux NetKit (0.17) July 29, 2000 Linux NetKit (0.17)