Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting What is the meaning of the following Perl Code? Post 302746883 by Skrynesaver on Thursday 20th of December 2012 06:32:30 AM
Old 12-20-2012
This is standard boiler plate when writing a module, take a look through the documentation for Exporter and DynaLoader

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Whats the meaning of this code

Hi all, I am unable interpret this code ......... nohup $OPSSHLPATH/mkt_sas_load_cic.sh $db_name $process_id $loc_mm > $OPSLSTPATH/mkt_sas_load_cic.out & Thanks ....In advance (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: dhananjaysk
7 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Meaning of code

Hi Can anybody tell me what is the meaning of the following code? i=4 j=1 k=0 Specialy meaning of this line echo $? Specialy meaning of this line echo $? Specialy meaning of this line echo $? Thanks in advance Sas (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: SasDutta
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

can any one explain the meaning of the below code ?

while getopts :g:l:h: KEY $* do case $KEY in g) NAME=$OPTARG ;; l) LAB=$OPTARG ;; h) HD=$OPTARG ;; *) echo "Illegal option: $OPTARG" echo "$usage" exitStatus=1 exitGrace esac done (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: santosh1234
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

what the meaning of #*

can some one please tell the meaning of the second statement i.e n=${m#*=} i couldnt get the meaning of the #*= 1.) m="mohit=/c/main/issue" echo $m result ----------- mohit=/c/main/issue 2.) n=${m#*=} echo $n RESULT ------- /c/main/issue (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: narang.mohit
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

What is the meaning of $_

Hi, Can somebody tell the usage of "$_" cd $_ ? and ls $_ ? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: giri_luck
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

meaning of !*

can someone please tell what !* means in shell syntax. Regards, (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: busyboy
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl: a way to see a sub code in debug mode: perl -de 0 ?

Is there a way to see or print a sub code? Sometime a sub could be already defined, but in the debug mode (so, interactively) it could be already out of screen. So, I would think about a way to check if the sub is defined (just 'defined' is not a problem) and how it is defined. Also, if... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: alex_5161
4 Replies

8. Programming

Perl- How to catch the file in perl code?

Hi, plz see the below code , i have catch the file "Orders.20110714.out "file as a Orders*.out. but it giving me an error .it does not open the file. if the same thing i have done by code code-> ls Orders*.out then it gives me the output Orders.20110714.out i am trying apply the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pspriyanka
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl : meaning of ||= symbol

While going through the below perl code, there is a line which contains $sheet -> {MaxRow} ||= $sheet -> {MinRow}; Could anyone please explain the meaning of ||= and where it is used complete code --------------- foreach my $sheet (@{$excel -> {Worksheet}}) { ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: giridhar276
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Meaning

Please let me know the meaning for the below statements in shell scripting. 1) exit -99 -------------------------------- 2) set prgdir = `pwd` set runFlag = runFlag:FALSE ------------------------------------- 3) if (-f $prgdir/maillst.eml) then set distEmail = `cat $prgdir/maillst.eml`... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lg123
1 Replies
PPIx::Regexp::Token::Code(3pm)				User Contributed Perl Documentation			    PPIx::Regexp::Token::Code(3pm)

NAME
PPIx::Regexp::Token::Code - Represent a chunk of Perl embedded in a regular expression. SYNOPSIS
use PPIx::Regexp::Dumper; PPIx::Regexp::Dumper->new( 'qr{(?{print "hello sailor "})}smx')->print; INHERITANCE
"PPIx::Regexp::Token::Code" is a PPIx::Regexp::Token. "PPIx::Regexp::Token::Code" is the parent of PPIx::Regexp::Token::Interpolation. DESCRIPTION
This class represents a chunk of Perl code embedded in a regular expression. Specifically, it results from parsing things like (?{ code }) (??{ code }) or from the replacement side of an s///e. Technically, interpolations are also code, but they parse differently and therefore end up in a different token. METHODS
This class provides the following public methods. Methods not documented here are private, and unsupported in the sense that the author reserves the right to change or remove them without notice. ppi This convenience method returns the PPI::Document representing the content. This document should be considered read only. SUPPORT
Support is by the author. Please file bug reports at <http://rt.cpan.org>, or in electronic mail to the author. AUTHOR
Thomas R. Wyant, III wyant at cpan dot org COPYRIGHT AND LICENSE
Copyright (C) 2009-2012 by Thomas R. Wyant, III This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl 5.10.0. For more details, see the full text of the licenses in the directory LICENSES. This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but without any warranty; without even the implied warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose. perl v5.14.2 2012-06-06 PPIx::Regexp::Token::Code(3pm)