Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Expertise advice required <<URGENT>> Post 302746479 by Jay Thakkar on Wednesday 19th of December 2012 12:50:19 PM
Old 12-19-2012
Tools Expertise advice required <<URGENT>>

Smiliei hav a shell script in my linux server, i want to execute it everyday once automatically without using cron tabs as i dont hav permission to create one.
So wht sld i do??Smilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Cybersecurity

Want Urgent career Advice

Dear All, I have finished my MS in chemical engineering from US university and presetly on OPT work permit. I do not have software background. I have received call from consultant company. They are offering me AIX UNIX training for four weeks and find me a job. My question is how difficuilt... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: saarth_desh
0 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Want URGENT Advice:Career as UNIX Systme Administrator

Dear All, I have finished my MS in chemical engineering from US university and presetly on OPT work permit. I do not have software background. I have received call from consultant company. They are offering me AIX UNIX training for four weeks and find me a job. My question is how difficuilt... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: saarth_desh
5 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Urgent Help required

Hi UNIX Gurus, I have got the following requirement and totally :confused: how to proceed. A file is dummy.lst is there in the following format:-- ID NAME TYPE_ID -------- --------- ----------- 1947 Asia ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rahul26
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Urgent help required

I have a text file, with a fixed format of certain data. I have to extract certain fields of data. Then store it in a structure. Is it possible to use shell commands by making a system call from a C PROGRAM and then store the extracted data in the structure (which has been declared in the C... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: umanglalani
1 Replies

5. Programming

urgent advice needed - gcc

what does the statement : static char a = "a"; store in the executable image. ?? I need to make a command line parameter exist AFTER the program finishes execution.. so that when i run the code next time ( without recompiling ).. i can work with the paramter.. for example: ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: a.k.aFireknight
5 Replies

6. Solaris

x11vnc & tightvnc Expertise Required !

Hi all, For the past 3 days I have been struggling like :mad: to setup a VNC system between a solaris 8 unix host server and a windows XP tightvnc client viewer. Please bear in mind that the unix machine is crap & probably should be taken to the "Antiques Road Show on the BBC". Everything is... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: fawqati
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Regexpr expertise required

Any experts on regular expressions out there, can you help me rationalise this? In this post: - https://www.unix.com/shell-programming-scripting/121977-writing-algorithm-recode-data-points-2.html I use the code: - tmp = $1 ; gsub(/00/, ".") ; $1 = tmp tmp = $1 ;... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: steadyonabix
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Advice required shell script

Hi all, this is my first post, so please be gentle... I have a situation wherby I need a script that traverses known paths. Check for the modified date (n days) and then deletes all subdirs. I have come up with this hotch potch, but as far as I can tell it seems to work. What I am wondering... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: primus7
4 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

System + Network Programming, your advice required???

Dear friends, Before putting my questions forward, I would like to put some data infront of you, hope you will help me at the end. This website Cray-Cyber - Welcome provides free access to many supercomputers and mainframe computers. When you login through ssh, they provide you with a screen,... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: gabam
0 Replies

10. Programming

System + Network Programming, your advice required???

Dear friends, Before putting my questions forward, I would like to put some data infront of you, hope you will help me at the end. This website Cray-Cyber - Welcome provides free access to many supercomputers and mainframe computers. When you login through ssh, they provide you with a screen,... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: gabam
5 Replies
yum-cron(8)															       yum-cron(8)

NAME
yum-cron - an interface to convieniently call yum from cron SYNOPSIS
yum-cron [config-file] DESCRIPTION
yum-cron is an alternate interface to yum that is optimised to be convenient to call from cron. It provides methods to keep repository metadata up to date, and to check for, download, and apply updates. Rather than accepting many different command line arguments, the dif- ferent functions of yum-cron can be accessed through config files. config-file is used to optionally specify the path to the configuration file to use. If it is not given, the default configuration file will be used. It is useful to be able to specify different configuration files for different use cases. For example, one configuration file might be set to update the repository metadata, and a line could be added to the crontab to run yum-cron frequently using this file. Then, another configuration file might be set to install updates, and yum-cron could be run from cron using this file just once each day. FILES
/etc/yum/yum-cron.conf /etc/yum/yum-cron-hourly.conf SEE ALSO
yum (8) AUTHORS
See the Authors file included with this program. BUGS
There of course aren't any bugs, but if you find any, you should email the mailing list, yum@lists.baseurl.org, or consult bugzilla. Nick Jacek yum-cron(8)