Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Expertise advice required <<URGENT>> Post 302746479 by Jay Thakkar on Wednesday 19th of December 2012 12:50:19 PM
Old 12-19-2012
Tools Expertise advice required <<URGENT>>

Smiliei hav a shell script in my linux server, i want to execute it everyday once automatically without using cron tabs as i dont hav permission to create one.
So wht sld i do??Smilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Cybersecurity

Want Urgent career Advice

Dear All, I have finished my MS in chemical engineering from US university and presetly on OPT work permit. I do not have software background. I have received call from consultant company. They are offering me AIX UNIX training for four weeks and find me a job. My question is how difficuilt... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: saarth_desh
0 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Want URGENT Advice:Career as UNIX Systme Administrator

Dear All, I have finished my MS in chemical engineering from US university and presetly on OPT work permit. I do not have software background. I have received call from consultant company. They are offering me AIX UNIX training for four weeks and find me a job. My question is how difficuilt... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: saarth_desh
5 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Urgent Help required

Hi UNIX Gurus, I have got the following requirement and totally :confused: how to proceed. A file is dummy.lst is there in the following format:-- ID NAME TYPE_ID -------- --------- ----------- 1947 Asia ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rahul26
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Urgent help required

I have a text file, with a fixed format of certain data. I have to extract certain fields of data. Then store it in a structure. Is it possible to use shell commands by making a system call from a C PROGRAM and then store the extracted data in the structure (which has been declared in the C... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: umanglalani
1 Replies

5. Programming

urgent advice needed - gcc

what does the statement : static char a = "a"; store in the executable image. ?? I need to make a command line parameter exist AFTER the program finishes execution.. so that when i run the code next time ( without recompiling ).. i can work with the paramter.. for example: ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: a.k.aFireknight
5 Replies

6. Solaris

x11vnc & tightvnc Expertise Required !

Hi all, For the past 3 days I have been struggling like :mad: to setup a VNC system between a solaris 8 unix host server and a windows XP tightvnc client viewer. Please bear in mind that the unix machine is crap & probably should be taken to the "Antiques Road Show on the BBC". Everything is... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: fawqati
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Regexpr expertise required

Any experts on regular expressions out there, can you help me rationalise this? In this post: - https://www.unix.com/shell-programming-scripting/121977-writing-algorithm-recode-data-points-2.html I use the code: - tmp = $1 ; gsub(/00/, ".") ; $1 = tmp tmp = $1 ;... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: steadyonabix
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Advice required shell script

Hi all, this is my first post, so please be gentle... I have a situation wherby I need a script that traverses known paths. Check for the modified date (n days) and then deletes all subdirs. I have come up with this hotch potch, but as far as I can tell it seems to work. What I am wondering... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: primus7
4 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

System + Network Programming, your advice required???

Dear friends, Before putting my questions forward, I would like to put some data infront of you, hope you will help me at the end. This website Cray-Cyber - Welcome provides free access to many supercomputers and mainframe computers. When you login through ssh, they provide you with a screen,... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: gabam
0 Replies

10. Programming

System + Network Programming, your advice required???

Dear friends, Before putting my questions forward, I would like to put some data infront of you, hope you will help me at the end. This website Cray-Cyber - Welcome provides free access to many supercomputers and mainframe computers. When you login through ssh, they provide you with a screen,... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: gabam
5 Replies
apticron(1)						      General Commands Manual						       apticron(1)

NAME
apticron - Generate a mail listing packages which are pending an upgrade SYNOPSIS
apticron [--cron] DESCRIPTION
apticron is a shell script which generates a mail with a list of all packages currently pending an upgrade, as well as summary of changes - using apt-listchanges - to a configurable Email address. apticron is mainly intended for automatic notification of pending security updates but can also be used in many other situations where timely updates are necessary. The --cron option is only meant to be used when invoked by cron in order to run no more than once a day. FILES
/etc/apticron/apticron.conf Configuration file, Email address to mail and profile for use with apt-listchanges are configurable. /etc/cron.d/apticron Cron job for executing apticron daily. /etc/cron.daily/apticron Fallback cron script for executing apticron (if no crond running or system down at designated time). /var/lib/misc/apticron.cron Time stamp file used by apticron when invoked with --cron option. SEE ALSO
apt-get(8), apt-listchanges(1), cron(8) AUTHOR
Apticron was initially developed by Colm MacCarthaigh <colm.maccarthaigh@heanet.ie> with contributions from Marc Sherman <msherman@projec- tile.ca>. Since 2006 it is maintained and improved by Tiago Bortoletto Vaz <tiago@debian.org>. apticron(1)