Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Read File and check records for length Post 302746467 by rdrtx1 on Wednesday 19th of December 2012 11:52:38 AM
Old 12-19-2012
to identify records as specified try:
Code:
awk '$1 !~ /^[0-9]+$/ || length($1)<10 {print $0}' tnfile

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Read file and remove max length

Hi all, I tried to write a shell to read huge file and eliminate max length record which is wrong generated record. But I get an error remove_sp.sh: line 27: syntax error near unexpected token `else' remove_sp.sh: line 27: ` else $LINE >> REJFILE' My shell is here: #!/bin/sh... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: mr_bold
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

read string, check string length and cut

Hello All, Plz help me with: I have a csv file with data separated by ',' and optionally enclosed by "". I want to check each of these values to see if they exceed the specified string length, and if they do I want to cut just that value to the max length allowed and keep the csv format as it... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: ozzy80
9 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

read records from a file

Hi all, I have a requirement where I need to read records one by one from a file. I have tried this below code: while read mLine do echo 'Line = '${mLine} done < input_file --- But the problem here is im getting the records with removed spaces. --Supposer if the record is like... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: srilaxmi
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Based on num of records in file1 need to check records in file2 to set some condns

Hi All, I have two files say file1 and file2. I want to check the number of records in file1 and if its atleast 2 (i.e., 2 or greater than 2 ) then I have to check records in file2 .If records in file2 is atleast 1 (i.e. if its not empty ) i have to set some conditions . Could you pls... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mavesum
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to read fixed length flat file....

Hi Gurus, Thanks in advance... I am new to writing shell scripting and help me out reading a flat file with fixed length. I have a fixed length flat file with storename(lenth 6) , emailaddress(lenth 15), location(10). There is NO delimiters in that file. Like the following str00001.txt... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: willywilly
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to reduce the length of records in a file?

I have a file with 400 characters How can I create another file with only a portion of them (like 300 within 400) and get rid of the rest? Thanks (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: fafchi
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to read each 2 records from a file

Hi, I have 10000 records in my test.dat file All records are under the following format a,12,45,bn,c a,16,46,bn1,c a,18,47,bn2,c a,12,47,bn3,c a,11,49,bn4,c I have to read each 2 records and assign it into a temp file .Can anybody help me in this? Thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kavithakuttyk
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to check if a file has zero records

I want to do conditional logic on whether a file has 0 bytes or more than 0 bytes. what is the easiest way to do this? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: guessingo
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Check for length which exceeds specified length in a line

Hi, I have a issue, I need to loop through a comma delimited file and check for the length which exceeds specified length , if Yes truncate the string. But my problem is , I do not have to check for all the fields and the field lenght is not same for all the fields. For ex: Say my line... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: rashmisb
9 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to read a particular records from a file?

Hi All Can anybody let me know the code to read a particular record from a file For e.g. File Name: File.txt File content: Script_path=/abc/def/script/ File_path=/xyz/data/ Business Date=19990905 SERVER_NAME=Server DATABASE_NAME=Database Login=NewUser Password=NewPassword ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Siddhartha9833
3 Replies
DB2_FIELD_SCALE(3)							 1							DB2_FIELD_SCALE(3)

db2_field_scale - Returns the scale of the indicated column in a result set

SYNOPSIS
int db2_field_scale (resource $stmt, mixed $column) DESCRIPTION
Returns the scale of the indicated column in a result set. PARAMETERS
o $stmt - Specifies a statement resource containing a result set. o $column - Specifies the column in the result set. This can either be an integer representing the 0-indexed position of the column, or a string containing the name of the column. RETURN VALUES
Returns an integer containing the scale of the specified column. If the specified column does not exist in the result set, db2_field_scale(3) returns FALSE. SEE ALSO
db2_field_display_size(3), db2_field_name(3), db2_field_num(3), db2_field_precision(3), db2_field_type(3), db2_field_width(3). PHP Documentation Group DB2_FIELD_SCALE(3)