Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Sudo logging need year details also Post 302745931 by Don Cragun on Tuesday 18th of December 2012 11:15:06 AM
Old 12-18-2012
You could also add a cron job to add a timestamp including the year into the log once in a while.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Logging all commands after a sudo su-

Hi there, It might seem tricky, I confess. We use sudo to allow people to initiate priviledged commands (but not all commands) on our Unix systems. To by pass this, some people initiate the sudo su - command ; The main issue is to 'know' what those people do when they gain root access.... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: linuxmtl
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

sudo logging + NFS hang?

Hi all, I have two problems, My system is SunOS 5.9: 1- I have installed sudo but I have a problem logging user activities on other hosts, the way I installed it is that I installed sudo and the sudoers file in a shared directory on a NFS server which is mounted by all computers on the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: neked
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

logging SFTP details in a log file...

hi all..... i want to know how to log the details when logging into a server using SFTP......in FTP i used something like (ftp -uv<xxx.srp>>log_file.log) where the details will be logged to log_file...is there any options for doing the same in SFTP....i wanted to display the details abt... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: santy
4 Replies

4. HP-UX

sudo or su logging

Jul 14 08:02:40 servera sshd: Accepted keyboard-interactive/pam for someuser from x.x.x.x port 1406 ssh2 Jul 14 08:02:48 servera su: - 1 someuser-root Jul 14 08:03:03 servera sudo: someuser : TTY=pts/1 ; PWD=/home/someuser ; USER=root ; COMMAND=/usr/bin/su - Jul 14 08:03:03 servera su: + 1... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ikon
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unable to use the Sudo command. "0509-130 Symbol resolution failed for sudo because:"

Hi! I'm very new to unix, so please keep that in mind with the level of language used if you choose to help :D Thanks! When attempting to use sudo on and AIX machine with oslevel 5.1.0.0, I get the following error: exec(): 0509-036 Cannot load program sudo because of the following errors:... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Chloe123
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

change io logging directory sudo 1.7.4p6

There was an update in sudo 1.7.5 : -The I/O log directory may now be specified in the sudoers file. I am stuck using sudo 1.7.4p6. Because it is supported by HP on thier HP-UX builds. Is there a process to change this directory in sudo 1.7.4p6? currently sudo 1.7.4p6's default is... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: trimike
3 Replies

7. AIX

How to find the year in last login details

Hi Friends I have a query. we had a requirement to see the last login details of our users so I ran the command last <username> and the output i get is: wtmp begins Apr 17 21:48 Now I need to know couple of things: 1. How can I see the year this log is being read from wtmp file 2. Is... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: nathandrake13
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

ssh foo.com sudo command - Prompts for sudo password as visible text. Help?

I am writing a BASH script to update a webserver and then restart Apache. It looks basically like this: #!/bin/bash rsync /path/on/local/machine/ foo.com:path/on/remote/machine/ ssh foo.com sudo /etc/init.d/apache2 reloadrsync and ssh don't prompt for a password, because I have DSA encryption... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: fluoborate
9 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

at -l doesnt give details of the scheduled job. How to get the details?

I have scheduled couple of shell scripts to run using 'at' command. The o/p of at -l is: $ at -l 1320904800.a Thu Nov 10 01:00:00 2011 1320894000.a Wed Nov 9 22:00:00 2011 1320876000.a Wed Nov 9 17:00:00 2011 $ uname -a SunOS dc2prcrptetl2 5.9 Generic_122300-54 sun4u sparc... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: superparticle
2 Replies

10. Linux

Syslog not logging successful logging while unlocking server's console

When unlocking a Linux server's console there's no event indicating successful logging Is there a way I can fix this ? I have the following in my rsyslog.conf auth.info /var/log/secure authpriv.info /var/log/secure (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: walterthered
1 Replies
CAL(1)								   User Commands							    CAL(1)

NAME
cal - display a calendar SYNOPSIS
cal [options] [[[day] month] year] DESCRIPTION
cal displays a simple calendar. If no arguments are specified, the current month is displayed. OPTIONS
-1, --one Display single month output. (This is the default.) -3, --three Display prev/current/next month output. -s, --sunday Display Sunday as the first day of the week. -m, --monday Display Monday as the first day of the week. -j, --julian Display Julian dates (days one-based, numbered from January 1). -y, --year Display a calendar for the current year. -V, --version Display version information and exit. -h, --help Display help screen and exit. PARAMETERS
A single parameter specifies the year (1 - 9999) to be displayed; note the year must be fully specified: cal 89 will not display a calendar for 1989. Two parameters denote the month (1 - 12) and year. Three parameters denote the day (1-31), month and year, and the day will be highlighted if the calendar is displayed on a terminal. If no parameters are specified, the current month's calendar is displayed. A year starts on Jan 1. The first day of the week is determined by the locale. The Gregorian Reformation is assumed to have occurred in 1752 on the 3rd of September. By this time, most countries had recognized the ref- ormation (although a few did not recognize it until the early 1900's). Ten days following that date were eliminated by the reformation, so the calendar for that month is a bit unusual. HISTORY
A cal command appeared in Version 6 AT&T UNIX. AVAILABILITY
The cal command is part of the util-linux package and is available from ftp://ftp.kernel.org/pub/linux/utils/util-linux/. util-linux June 2011 CAL(1)