Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers awk if statement / equals operator Post 302745473 by Golpette on Monday 17th of December 2012 10:18:02 AM
Old 12-17-2012
Thanks -

avoiding using decimals works for the case I'm doing now but could you tell me WHY this is even a problem for awk?
And why are there certain decimal numbers (0.3, 0.7) that pose a problem while the vast majority do not?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Diamond operator in Until Statement (perl)

Hello: I have the following perl script which is giving me trouble inside the second elsif statement. The purpose of the script is to go through a file and print out only those lines which contain pertinent information. The tricky part came when I realized that certain items actually spanned... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: erichpowell
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

cannot properly employ "or" operator in an if statement (bash)

Hi, I have a variable, $sername, and I would like to display this variable only if it *does not* contain either of these two tags: *DTI*FA* or *DIFF*FA*. I think the syntax for my 'or' operator is off. The variable $sername is continuously changing in an outer loop (not shown), but at the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: goodbenito
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to write If statement using && and operator in Unix

Hi What is the syntax for if statement using && and || operator? if && ] || here its giving me an error to this if statement any suggestion?? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Avi
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Awk with or and not operator

awk -F '/' '{ if (($2!="30") print }' f.dat > date_mismatch.dat The above command is giving the desired results But I would want use Or in the above but it is returning the complete file awk -F '/' '{ if ($2!="30"||$2!="31") print }' f.dat > date_mismatch.dat Have tried the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: infernalhell
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk Help - Comparison Operator problem

Hi, I've tried searching through the forum but I've drawn a blank so i'm going to post here. I'm developing a number of checks on a CSV file, trying to find if any are greater than a max limit. I'm testing it by running it from a command line. The file I'm testing has 8 records. When I... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tmart
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Getting syntax error with awk ternary operator

split($7,a," "); date = a; time = a split(date,d,"/"); month = sprintf("%02d",d); day = sprintf("%02d",d); year = 2000 + d % 100 split(time,t,":"); hour=t; min=t hour >= 12? { hour=hour-12; amPm=" PM" } : amPM=" AM" hour == 0? hour=12 time=sprintf("%02d",hour)":"sprintf("%02d",min)amPm ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Michael Stora
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Plz help me out use OFMT operator in awk programming

Hi While calculating the sum of 6 and 7 fileds it is calculate the wrong value because of floating point like 7898778.10 awk ' BEGIN { FS = OFS = "|" } NR == 1 { next } { UX = $1 OFS $3 OFS $4 OFS $5 p1 +=$6 p2 +=$7 } END { for(i in UX) ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: jagu
8 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert Update statement into Insert statement in UNIX using awk, sed....

Hi folks, I have a scenario to convert the update statements into insert statements using shell script (awk, sed...) or in database using regex. I have a bunch of update statements with all columns in a file which I need to convert into insert statements. UPDATE TABLE_A SET COL1=1 WHERE... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: dev123
0 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using like operator in awk if condition

Hello All, I have developed a script which selects a particular filed from a file ,trims it,searches for a particular pattern and then mail it when found. cat test_file.txt |sed -n '5,$p'|sed -e 's/ //g'|awk -F'|' '{if ($4 !="Alive") print $1,$2,$3,$4}' >> proc_not_alive.txt It is... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: karthik adiga
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Like operator in IF statement

how can i use like operator in IF statement. Below is correct format, please guide if ; then CT_ACT_FILE_NAME=`echo FINACLE' else CT_ACT_FILE_NAME=`echo not listed' fi ---------- Post updated at 04:58 PM ---------- Previous update was at 04:56 PM ---------- Please use CODE... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: rizwan.shaukat
6 Replies
VARIANT_ROUND(3)							 1							  VARIANT_ROUND(3)

variant_round - Rounds a variant to the specified number of decimal places

SYNOPSIS
mixed variant_round (mixed $variant, int $decimals) DESCRIPTION
Returns the value of $variant rounded to $decimals decimal places. PARAMETERS
o $variant - The variant. o $decimals - Number of decimal places. Note As with all the variant arithmetic functions, the parameters for this function can be either a PHP native type (integer, string, floating point, boolean or NULL), or an instance of a COM, VARIANT or DOTNET class. PHP native types will be converted to variants using the same rules as found in the constructor for the "VARIANT" class. COM and DOTNET objects will have the value of their default property taken and used as the variant value. The variant arithmetic functions are wrappers around the similarly named functions in the COM library; for more information on these functions, consult the MSDN library. The PHP functions are named slightly differently; for example variant_add(3) in PHP cor- responds to VarAdd() in the MSDN documentation. RETURN VALUES
Returns the rounded value. SEE ALSO
round(3). PHP Documentation Group VARIANT_ROUND(3)