Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Not able to gunzip a .gz file, in ksh Post 302745433 by billpeter3010 on Monday 17th of December 2012 09:24:49 AM
Old 12-17-2012
it is just .gz, thats why had to use gunzip

but not sure,why it throws the error

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Gunzip : unexpected end of file

Hi, While uncompress , gunzip filename.cpio.gz getting the fg. error gunzip: filename.cpio.gz: unexpected end of file. Whats the problem? Size of this .gz file is 660mb . Thanks, (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Dolly
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

gunzip: unexpected end of file

Ok, I sent several gzipped files using the UNIX "mail" utility without any special settings (bad idea). When I saved these files from my mail and tried to gunzip them, I would get something like the following error: gunzip: wmGrep.mel.gz: unexpected end of file Ok, I messed up. But is it... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sicjedi
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Using gunzip to decompress .zip file

Hi, I have a zipped Oralce software (linux.x64_11gR1_database.zip) and I need to unzip it. On the Linux server, I only see the gunzip utility listed: $ ls -ltr *zip* -rwxr-xr-x 3 root root 60320 Jan 15 2008 gzip -rwxr-xr-x 3 root root 60320 Jan 15 2008 gunzip Can I use the command... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: syang68
1 Replies

4. Solaris

gunzip problem! unexpected end of file

I've downloaded the tomcat from the link below and ftp to Solaris by ftp in binary mode Ref: Index of /dist/jakarta/tomcat-5/v5.0.30/bin gunzip -c jakarta-tomcat-5.0.30.tar.gz | tar -xvf - gunzip: jakarta-tomcat-5.0.30.tar.gz: unexpected end of file tar: read error: unexpected EOF ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: sbox
8 Replies

5. AIX

Unable to gunzip .tgz file in AIX6.1

Hi guys, This is my 1st post here. I tried to Google around but failed to get my solution. So I hope you guys could help me. (I have just a basic unix background for 2years so I'm sorry if im asking stupid questions) OS - Aix 6.1, 64 bits. Server - currently I only have telnet access to a... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: pilotHans
12 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Decompress (with gunzip) recursively, but do not delete original gz file

Hi all, I have a folder hierarchy with many gz files in them. I would like to recursively decompress them, but keep the original files. I would also like to move all the decompressed files (these are very large HDF5 files with .CP12 extension) to another data folder. Currently I am using four... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gansvv
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Searching inside a .gz file without gunzip

I have a set of folders inside which there may be n number of files. All those files are in .gz extension. Now I need to search all the files without gunzip them. Also I need to read the content of a file if the search pattern is found without gunzip them. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: realspirituals
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Gunzip a file in UNIX

hi All, i have a file called rsync-3.0.9.tar.gz, i have to unzip and then uncompress it. but at first while i am trying to unzip this file, it is giving me following error: -rw-r--r-- 1 bravodba bravodba 7278458 Aug 19 08:26 rsync-3.0.9.tar.gz bash-3.2$ unzip rsync-3.0.9.tar.gz Archive: ... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: lovelysethii
12 Replies

9. Solaris

Gunzip: File too large error

Hello All, I'm trying to write a script to load the MySQL DB from a dump file but the unzipping doesnt seem to work, not sure whats the issue, i get below error bash>gunzip mysql2-dump.gz gunzip: mysql2-dump: File too large bash > can anyone pls let me know how to sort this out? ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mahesh_RPM
2 Replies

10. Red Hat

Unable to extract .gz file using gunzip

Linux 3.8.13-16.2.1.el6uek.x86_64 #1 SMP Thu Nov 7 17:01:44 PST 2013 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux Hi all, I am unable to extract .gz file using gunzip Used the following command to create the .gz file: nohup tar -cvpf - 11.2.0.4 | gzip -c >... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: a1_win
3 Replies
suspend(1)                                                         User Commands                                                        suspend(1)

NAME
suspend - shell built-in function to halt the current shell SYNOPSIS
sh suspend csh suspend ksh suspend DESCRIPTION
sh Stops the execution of the current shell (but not if it is the login shell). csh Stop the shell in its tracks, much as if it had been sent a stop signal with ^Z. This is most often used to stop shells started by su. ksh Stops the execution of the current shell (but not if it is the login shell). ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
csh(1), kill(1), ksh(1), sh(1), su(1M), attributes(5) SunOS 5.10 15 Apr 1994 suspend(1)