Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers I want alternative of -maxdepth 1 for all Linux,Solaris and AIX Post 302745085 by binlib on Sunday 16th of December 2012 04:33:37 PM
Old 12-16-2012
Your command line worked on my Linux, with find version 4.4.2.

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Major differences between AIX, Solaris, HP-UX, Linux

Hi All, I want to know the OS level differences between AIX, Solaris, HP-UX, Linux Apart from the vendor, H/w and command differences, any other significant points. regards, guru Charan (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: gurukottur
9 Replies

2. AIX

AIX on an alternative system

My greeting to all the readers I have an AIX 5.3 version. I want to study this operation system. Unfortunately I don't have an IBM p Series system. Is there a way to install AIX on vmware or something similar? May be I have an old IBM Netfinity Server, will AIX run on this system? Thanks for... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: analyzer
5 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Solaris find without maxdepth

Hi, I am using Solaris 5.8 I searched online, the find command has an option called maxdepth which can be used to limit the number of directories find will look into. find . -maxdepth 2 -type f When I run the above command in solaris, I get an error find: bad option -maxdepth find:... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Leion
2 Replies

4. AIX

maxdepth in avaible for AIX?

Hi, I'm trying to do a search in a directory on AIX and I was wondering if there's an equivelant option to the -maxdepth option to tell how far down to search. I ran this but I just want to make sure it's actually searching everything: find ./* -type f -name "090817*" -exec ls -l {} \; (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bbbngowc
1 Replies

5. Solaris

Patch management (Solaris, AIX , Linux )

Hi Guys, I am doing L1 Level support for Solaris Platform. Eg. User Management, File system , Print management and Job monitoring. I recently completer my IBM Aix 7 Administration certification. Issue is that my manager is asking me do full time unix / linux patch management work for new... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nats
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Maxdepth command not working in AIX.Need alternative solution for this command

Hi All, I am trying to select 30 days older files under current directory ,but not from subdirectory using below command. find <Dir> -type f -mtime + 30 This command selecting all the files from current directory and also from sub directory . I read some documention through internet ,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kommineni
1 Replies
mvdir(1M)																 mvdir(1M)

NAME
mvdir - move a directory SYNOPSIS
dir newdir DESCRIPTION
moves one directory tree into another existing directory (within the same file system), or renames a directory without moving it. dir must be an existing directory. If newdir does not exist but the directory that would contain it does, dir is moved and/or renamed to newdir. Otherwise, newdir must be an existing directory not already containing an entry with the same name as the last pathname component of dir. In this case, dir is moved and becomes a subdirectory of newdir. The last pathname component of dir is used as the name for the moved directory. refuses to move dir if the path specified by newdir would be a descendent directory of the path specified by dir. Such cases are not allowed because cyclic sub-trees would be created as in the case, for example, of which is prohibited. does not allow directory to be moved. Only users who have appropriate privileges can use EXTERNAL INFLUENCES
International Code Set Support Single- and multi-byte character code sets are supported. AUTHOR
was developed by OSF and HP. SEE ALSO
cp(1), mkdir(1), mv(1). STANDARDS CONFORMANCE
mvdir(1M)