Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users XUbuntu Live CD customizing using uck-gui. - Splash screen not changing Post 302744771 by DGPickett on Friday 14th of December 2012 04:53:12 PM
Old 12-14-2012

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. HP-UX

Data protector GUI gives Blank screen

Hi, Haveing a little trouble with data protector (5.5) on HP-UX (11.11, 11.23) under Xwindows Chameleon UNIX 97 (7.0 - its a old version) I am trying to get the GUI for DP up and running on a HP-UX cell manager and I have the following problem. The GUI starts up with no errors that I can... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Andrek
2 Replies

2. Programming

Issue Related to Splash Screen

Hi Guys, I am working with Solaris 9 and we are developing the application which will work on different OS.So we develop the GUI using JAVA swings... we want to display a Splash screen before starting the installation of the application... 1st we develop our application for windows and it is... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: smartgupta
1 Replies

3. Programming

Issue Related to Splash Screen in Java

Hi all, Actually I want to flash the image which I have in my system and when I am trying to do it,it is not showing it.simply creates the frame but not displaying the image.I am attaching the code-- Please take a look on it and please provide your valuable suggestions on it so that I... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: smartgupta
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Customizing Terminal in Live Linux Distro

I'm creating a python script to load a configuration to gnome-terminal immediately after a Live Boot. I must run it in super-user mode, because I shut down some services first. After this, I want to configure gnome-terminal. The problem is that if I run it as super-user, it successfully shuts... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: misfitplanet
0 Replies

5. Red Hat

grub splash screen not displayed

I re-installed grub on /dev/sdb on a 3ware raid machine and now the grub splash screen is not displayed when booting. Server when boots up comes and halt in the grub menu and I need to manually load kernel and initrd to get the machine up. I have not changed any grub setting. I used the command... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: anil510
0 Replies

6. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

XUbuntu Live CD customizing using uck-gui. - Splash screen not changing

Hi all, I am customizing the Xubuntu 12.04 live cd.. Using uck-gui , i extracted the iso file and mounted in a location. Can anyone please help me out how to proceed with removing the splash screen ( the screen that gives loading image with xubuntu logo) or to change the logo that is in the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: selvarajvs
1 Replies

7. Ubuntu

Customizing XUbuntu 12.04 Live CD - Start my Exe Automatically

Hi all http://ubuntuforums.org/images/smilies/smiley-faces-80.gif, I am customizing the LIVE CD of Xubuntu 12.04.. I removed the ubiquity package and changed the live username and hostname using uck-gui.. I am almost done with the customization. Now after the splash screen , the text in motd... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: selvarajvss
1 Replies

8. Linux

Only the terminal(command screen) no GUI, for Windows XP ???

Hi All, Am working in a major IT company, due to security issues, being a fresher am not allowed to install or asking for a specific business reason to install it in my system. The thing is i want to learn Linux, due to the same security issues we need Admin pass to install certain... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: mr_ganapathy
6 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

IBM eServer X 335 stops boot process at Server splash screen

Hi there. I used to use linux a lot a number of years ago but it has been quite a while so ?I really consider myself a beginner again. I have an old IBM eServer X Series 335 machine and I want to get it back up and running for a number of reasons. I knew that one of the SCSI drives was bad and... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: filch2
2 Replies
PLYMOUTH(8)						       System Administration						       PLYMOUTH(8)

NAME
plymouth - A graphical boot system and logger DESCRIPTION
plymouth is a graphical boot system for Linux which takes advantage of the kernel-based mode setting (KMS) available for modern graphic cards to provide a seamless, flickerfree and attractive boot screen. It allows to choose between various, static or animated graphical themes to spruce up the startup and avoid the noise generated by the vast amount of kernel messages while the machine boots into X. On systems where kernel-based mode setting is not available, plymouth falls back to a text mode boot screen which provides a simple progress bar to pro- vide feedback during boot. In order for the configured default plymouth theme to be loaded during boot, the option `splash' (or `rhgb' for backward compatibility with the RHGB boot splash) must be provided at the kernel command line. Without this command line option, plymouth will default to showing detailed boot output. During the boot process, the user can switch between the graphical theme and the detailed boot output using the Escape key. SEE ALSO
grub(8), plymouth-set-theme(1), plymouthd(8), plymouth(1), http://www.freedesktop.org/wiki/Software/Plymouth AUTHORS
plymouth was originally prototyped and named by Kristian Hogsberg, originally written by Ray Strode and has had significant contributions from Charlie Brej. It has also had contributions from Peter Jones, Adam Jackson, Frederic Crozat and others. plymouth PLYMOUTH(8)