Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX Console redirect to xmanager in AIX ? Post 302744751 by filosophizer on Friday 14th of December 2012 04:20:35 PM
Old 12-14-2012
Thanks Michael Felt, I just realized that you are Michael Felt of ROOTVG and trainer for IBM Courses @ Amsterdam Netherlands.

follow up question,

is there a way to put xhost + in startup scripts so when the machine boots up it will run automatically on the console ?

Last edited by filosophizer; 12-15-2012 at 02:43 PM.. Reason: Michael Felt of ROOTVG

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

AIX Console screens

How do you switch screens in AIX? I know you can use ALT-F1, ALT-F3, etc. in SCO Unix. Help!!! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: falstaff100
2 Replies

2. AIX

Unable to connect to AIX server through xmanager

Hi, I have xmanager installed on my windows PC. But I am not able to connect to AIX server. It's giving the error as follows: The X11 forwarding request was rejected. Graphics mode is not coming up in AIX server. Please help as I have to install oracle patchset urgently. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dwiravi
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

console redirect of progress bar

I'm trying to write a python wrapper around wget to show the progress bar on a gui application. Wget gives you a progress bar on command line, but how would I pipe that to some "tty" that's really just a variable I read, or am I going about it all wrong? When I try to just redirect the output to a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: unclecameron
1 Replies

4. Solaris

console redirect on dl365

anyone have any success with redirecting the console running sol10 x86 on a hp dl365? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: pupp
0 Replies

5. AIX

177 port is up but xmanager is not working in AIX 6.1

Dear Friends, Recently we have to use AIX 6.1 IBM unix server . Here the 177 port is up and also inetd service is up . But we cannot access to the server using X-manager software . server's output : bash-3.00# netstat -nat | grep 177 udp4 0 0 *.177 *.* We have another server AIX-5.3 .... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: shipon_97
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to redirect the output to multiple files without putting on console

How to redirect the output to multiple files without putting on console I tried tee but it writes to STDOUT , which I do not want. Test.sh ------------------ #!/bin/ksh echo "Hello " tee -a file1 file2 ---------------------------- $>./Test.sh $> Expected output: -------------------... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: prashant43
2 Replies

7. Solaris

Command to redirect console to my tty?

Is there a utility built into Solaris that will allow me to see console messages from a tty? I've done a search and see that this is possible through software like ILOM, but I'm looking for a method to do this with built in utilities. For example, on AIX, I can use swcons `tty` (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: makodarear
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to redirect the output of a cvs command to a file as well as the console.

Hi can anyone tell me how to redirect the ouput of a cvs command to a file as well as the console? i tried using cvs add <filename> | tee logFile cvs add <filename> 2>logFile 2>&1 All i could get is only on console or on file. Please help Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ankitag2010
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Redirect an output from a script to a file and display it at a console simultaneously

Hi, I'd like to redirect the STDOUT output from my script to a file and simultaneously display it at a console. I've tried this command: myscript.sh | tail -f However, it doesn't end after the script finishes running I've also tried this: myscript.sh | tee ~/results.txt But it writes... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: wenclu
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to redirect the messages from the script to console in Linux?

msg.sh #!/bin/bash if then echo "starting service" else echo " service not started" echo " Please check the start.sh file or manuly start the service" fi if i login with root credentials @12.36.34.123 with passwd username:root passwd:abc once i login into linux pc... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: saku
6 Replies
savetextmode(1) 						Svgalib User Manual						   savetextmode(1)

NAME
savetextmode, textmode - save or restore the complete SVGA status for textmode. SYNOPSIS
savetextmode textmode DESCRIPTION
These are simple scripts to save the SVGA register state when in textmode to the files /etc/vga/fontdata and /etc/vga/textregs ($HOME/.vga/fontdata and $HOME/.vga/textregs if directory /etc/vga is not writeable) or to restore it from these files. The actual utilities used are restorefont(1), restoretextmode(1), and restorepalette(1). The purpose of these scripts program is usually to recover from a crashed console due to an svgalib, Xfree or other program bug. You do this by being a smart guy and running savetextmode right after booting of your machine, prior to any problems. Then, in case the SVGA state is hosed and you sit in front of a blank or useless console, change VC (maybe login) to get to a shell. Or exist the currently running program with <Ctrl>-C, <Ctrl>-<Alt>-<Backspace>, or whatever applies. Once you got a shell, run textmode and it will hopefully ren- der your console useable again. To make it clear: You do all this while not seeing anything on your console screen, you enter this information blindly or after logging in from a network. Also, if the keyboard is left in raw mode, nothing can really help you as you cannot enter anything which a shell will understand. FILES
/etc/vga/fontdata or $HOME/.vga/fontdata /etc/vga/textregs or $HOME/.vga/textregs SEE ALSO
svgalib(7), vgagl(7), libvga.config(5), dumpreg(1), convfont(1), fix132x43(1), restorefont(1), restoretextmode(1), restorepalette(1), runx(1), setmclk(1), AUTHOR
This manual page was edited by Michael Weller <eowmob@exp-math.uni-essen.de>. The exact source of the referenced utility as well as of the original documentation is unknown. It is very likely that both are at least to some extent are due to Harm Hanemaayer <H.Hanemaayer@inter.nl.net>. Occasionally this might be wrong. I hereby asked to be excused by the original author and will happily accept any additions or corrections to this first version of the svgalib manual. Svgalib (>;= 1.2.11) 2 Aug 1997 savetextmode(1)