Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Pattern Match Script
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Pattern Match Script Post 302744737 by btt3165 on Friday 14th of December 2012 03:47:38 PM
Old 12-14-2012
Thanks it works, using ${VAR} to pass the captured output to a file.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl script to match a pattern and print lines

Hi I have a file (say 'file1')and I want to search for a first occurence of pattern (say 'ERROR') and print ten lines in the file below pattern. I have to code it in PERL and I am using Solaris 5.9. I appreciate any help with code Thanks Ammu (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ammu
6 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Awk script to match pattern till blank line

Hi, I need to match lines after a pattern, upto the first blank line. Searched in web and some forums but coulnt find the answer. where <restart_step> = 10 -- Execute query 20 -- Write the contents to the Oracle table 30 -- Writing Contents to OUTPUT... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: justchill
7 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to convert a shell script to a php script for displaying next word after pattern match

I have a shell script which I made with the help of this forum #!/bin/sh RuleNum=$1 cat bw_rules | sed 's/^.*-x //' | awk -v var=$RuleNum '$1==var {for(i=1;i<=NF;i++) {if($i=="-bwout") print $(i+3),$(i+1)}}' Basically I have a pages after pages of bandwidth rules and the script gives... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sb245
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

pattern match .com in awk script

guys ! I want to search .com,.html files ..... how do I match pattern...? here's wht I hv written if ( $i ~ /.com/ ) even escaping it doesn't help if ( $i ~ /\.com/ ) (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: shreeprabha
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

script that can do a pattern match

Hi, str1="Hello World" CheckPattern="drW" Need a search function that will do a character search. and return me which charater($CheckPattern) is not matched in $str1. Thanks in advance Madhu (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: madhuti
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare values for a pattern match and execute script

Here in the input file 23:59:13,devicename,21,server1,700 23:59:13,devicename,22,server2,200 23:59:13,devicename,23,server3,200 23:59:13,devicename,24,server4,200 23:59:13,devicename,25,server5,200 23:59:13,devicename,26,server6,200 23:59:13,devicename,27,server7,200... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: necro98
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to match a pattern and print only the pattern and after that

Hi, I am writing a shell script to parse some files, and gather data. The data in the files is displayed as below. .......xyz: abz: ...... .......xyz: abz: ..... I have tried using awk and cut, bu the position of these values keep changing, so I can use awk and split it into columns. ... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: Serena
14 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Rearrange or replace only the second line after pattern match or pattern match

Im using the command below , but thats not the output that i want. it only prints the odd and even numbers. awk '{if(NR%2){print $0 > "1"}else{print $0 > "2"}}' Im hoping for something like this file1: Text hi this is just a test text1 text2 text3 text4 text5 text6 Text hi... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: invinzin21
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

awk script for pattern match and line break

Hi, I have input which reads like 9089.00 ----- kl jkjjljk lkkk; (909099) 9097.00 ----- HGJJHHJ jcxkjlkjvhvlk jhdkjksdfkhfskd 898.00 ----- HHHH I am trying to do something like this - As soon as I found pattern match "XYZ.00-----" it will insert a line break to the input and will go to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Indra2011
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

sed script to delete the last word after a last pattern match

Hi Guys , I am having a file as stated below File 1 sa0 -- i_core/i_core_apb/i_afe0_controller/U261/A sa0 -- i_core/i_core_apb/i_afe0_controller/U265/Z sa1 -- i_core/i_core_apb/i_afe0_controller/U265/A sa1 -- i_core/i_core_apb/i_afe0_controller/U268/Z sa1 -- ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: kshitij
7 Replies