Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting UNIX CO command for file version history Post 302744651 by Corona688 on Friday 14th of December 2012 02:10:45 PM
Old 12-14-2012
co is not a generic unix command. I suspect you're using a revisioning system like cvs or subversion but don't know which one you're using, do you have more information?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

how unix stores command history

Hi techies, I have a doubt upon the command history utilities in Unix ... As far as I know, history stores the event number and command for upto that many number of previous commands executed in the HISTSIZE variable ... my doubt here is can we get the time in which these commands were... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sabari Nath S
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

unix command to find the version of Informix database

Hi All Please let me know if there is command to check the version of the informix database installed..? Thanks in advance. Suresh (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sureshg_sampat
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Creating a command history feature in a simple UNIX shell using C

I'm trying to write a history feature to a very simple UNIX shell that will list the last 10 commands used when control-c is pressed. A user can then run a previous command by typing r x, where x is the first letter of the command. I'm having quite a bit of trouble figuring out what I need to do, I... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: -=Cn=-
2 Replies

4. Solaris

unix command history

is there any way to determine the last command entered on a unix machine??? Thanx (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mm00123
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to track the modification history on file in unix

How do we track the modification history on a file in UNIX. IS there any command or any script that we could run. Many Thanks (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: RSPDaemon
5 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix command help version 2.0

Having trouble doing the following things, I know it has something to do with using metacharacters but I'm not able to get it working correctly. I need a command to get a long directory listing of all the files that have: exactly two characters following the letters zot. all files that... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lakers34kb
1 Replies

7. Solaris

Command for checking modification history on file

What is the command for checking modification history on file? ---------- Post updated at 01:20 PM ---------- Previous update was at 12:35 PM ---------- Let me rephrase this. On a regular Unix file can I at least check to see the time and date history modification of the file? (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: jastanle84
6 Replies

8. AIX

Checking the command history file in AIX

Hello, The system has been rebooted and I need to see the commands executed in the system prior to restart by the oracle user.The history command is not showing me the commands executed prior to reboot. Please advise. Best regards, Vishal (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Vishal_dba
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

History file in UNIX

commands to view the history file in unix. I am not sure whether it is bash_history.sh (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ramkumar15
1 Replies

10. What is on Your Mind?

The Great History of UNIX (1969-1999) | 30 Years of UNIX History | YouTube Video

I am pleased to announce this new video in 1080 HD for UNIX lovers honoring thirty years of UNIX history spanning from 1969 to 1999 presented in 150 seconds (two and a half minutes) in 1080 HD, celebrating the 50th anniversary of UNIX. The Great History of UNIX (1969-1999) | 30 Years of UNIX... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
8 Replies
CVS-DEBI(1)						      General Commands Manual						       CVS-DEBI(1)

NAME
cvs-debi - install cvs-buildpackage/cvs-debuild generated package SYNOPSIS
cvs-debi [options] [package ...] DESCRIPTION
cvs-debi is run from the CVS working directory after cvs-buildpackage or cvs-debuild. It uses the cvs-buildpackage system to locate the .changes file generated in that run. It then runs debpkg -i on every .deb archive listed in the .changes file to install them, assuming that all of the .deb archives live in the same directory as the .changes file. Note that you probably don't want to run this program on a .changes file relating to a different architecture after cross-compiling the package! If a list of packages is given on the command line, then only those debs with names in this list of packages will be installed. Note that unlike cvs-buildpackage, the only way to specify the source package name is with the -P option; you cannot simply have it as the last command-line parameter. Since installing a package requires root privileges, debi calls debpkg rather than dpkg directly. Thus debi will only be useful if it is either being run as root or debpkg can be run as root. See debpkg(1) for more details. OPTIONS
All current cvs-buildpackage options are silently accepted; however, only the ones listed below have any effect. For more details on all of them, see the cvs-buildpackage(1) manpage. -adebian-architecture, -tGNU-system-type See dpkg-architecture(1) for a description of these options. They affect the search for the .changes file. They are provided to mimic the behaviour of dpkg-buildpackage when determining the name of the .changes file. -Mmodule The name of the CVS module. -Ppackage The name of the package. -Vversion The version number of the package. -Ttag The CVS tag to use for exporting sources. -Rroot directory Root of the original sources archive. -Wwork directory The full path name for the cvs-buildpackage working directory. -xprefix This option provides the CVS default module prefix. --help, --version Show help message and version information respectively. SEE ALSO
cvs-buildpackage(1), cvs-debc(1) cvs-debuild(1) and debi(1). AUTHOR
cvs-buildpackage was written by Manoj Srivastava, and the current version of debi was written by Julian Gilbey <jdg@debian.org>. They have been combined into this program by Julian Gilbey. DEBIAN
Debian Utilities CVS-DEBI(1)