Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Format options while Redirecting output of sql to a file in shell Post 302744571 by Yoda on Friday 14th of December 2012 12:14:29 PM
Old 12-14-2012
Did you see my post?

Set the heading OFF then form column headers using DUAL table and run your query.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

redirecting SQL output from within a shell script

Hi all I would like to open a SQL session from within a shell script and then redirect the output of the SQL command to a file. e.g. #!/bin/bash sqlplus "/ as sysdba" <<EOF @$HOME/recovery_space.sql EOF I want to redirect the output of the SQL command to a temp file, because... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: soliberus
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Redirecting sql select query result to txt file

Hi , I just found you while surfing for the string 'Redirecting sql select query output from within a shell script to txt file/excel file' Could you find time sending me the code for the above question? It'll be great help for me. I have a perl file that calls the sql file... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dolphin123
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Redirecting sql select query result to txt file

Hi Yogesh, Lucky that i caught you online. Yeah i read about DBI and the WriteExcel module. But the server is not supporting these modules. It said..."Cannot locate DBI"..."Cannot locate Spreadsheet::WriteExcel" I tried creating a simple text file to get the query output, but the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dolphin123
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

redirecting sql query output to a file

Hi, I am executing sql files in my unix shell script. Now i want to find whether its a success or a failure record and redirect the success or failure to the respective files. meaning. success records to success.log file failure record to failure.log file. As of now i am doing like... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sailaja_80
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

formatting into CSV format of SQL session output

I am getting a no of fields from a SQL session (e.g. select a,b,c from table). How do I convert the output values into CSV format . The output should be like this 'a','b','c', (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mady135
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help me! Format output file using shell program

Hi, I have following input file. I want to generate output file in specific format using shell program. The input file has atleast few thousands of lines, the below are some sample lines. Input file: "ORDER NO"|"ORDER AMT"|"LINE ITEM"|"LINE AMT"|"SALES COMMISION %" ORD3456|5000|LIN345|30|25%... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: dsubha
8 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Redirecting command output to a file in a shell script

Hello All, I have some unique requirement. I have written a very lengthy script which calls number of resource script to execute a particular task. What I want is output of each command(called from main script and resource scripts) should go to a... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: anand.shah
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to generate Excel file or to SQL output data to Excel format/tabular format

Hi , i am generating some data by firing sql query with connecting to the database by my solaris box. The below one should be the header line of my excel ,here its coming in separate row. TO_CHAR(C. CURR_EMP_NO ---------- --------------- LST_NM... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: dani1234
6 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Not able to write SQL query output in to .csv file with shell script.

I am trying to write SQL query output into a .csv file. But in the output columns are displaying in different lines instead of coming in one line. Main Code shell script: this is my code: #!/bin/bash file="db_detail.txt" . $file rm /batch/corpplan/bin/dan.csv... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: sandeepgoli53
6 Replies

10. Programming

Python or Shell script to Grep strings from input file and output in csv format

Hi Experts, I am writing a python script to grep string from file and display output in csv file as in attached screenshot https://drive.google.com/file/d/1gfUUdfmQma33tz65NskThYDhkZUGQO0H/view Input file(result_EPFT_config_device) Below is the python script i have prepared as of... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: as7951
1 Replies
SNMPTABLE(1)							     Net-SNMP							      SNMPTABLE(1)

NAME
snmptable - retrieve an SNMP table and display it in tabular form SYNOPSIS
snmptable [COMMON OPTIONS] [-Cb] [-CB] [-Ch] [-CH] [-Ci] [-Cf STRING] [-Cw WIDTH] AGENT TABLE-OID DESCRIPTION
snmptable is an SNMP application that repeatedly uses the SNMP GETNEXT or GETBULK requests to query for information on a network entity. The parameter TABLE-OID must specify an SNMP table. snmptable is an SNMP application that repeatedly uses the SNMP GETNEXT or GETBULK requests to query for information on a network entity. The parameter TABLE-OID must specify an SNMP table. AGENT identifies a target SNMP agent, which is instrumented to monitor the gievn objects. At its simplest, the AGENT specification will consist of a hostname or an IPv4 address. In this situation, the command will attempt communication with the agent, using UDP/IPv4 to port 161 of the given target host. See snmpcmd(1) for a full list of the possible formats for AGENT. OPTIONS
COMMON OPTIONS Please see snmpcmd(1) for a list of possible values for COMMON OPTIONS as well as their descriptions. -Cb Display only a brief heading. Any common prefix of the table field names will be deleted. -CB Do not use GETBULK requests to retrieve data, only GETNEXT. -Cc CHARS Print table in columns of CHARS characters width. -Cf STRING The string STRING is used to separate table columns. With this option, each table entry will be printed in compact form, just with the string given to separate the columns (useful if you want to import it into a database). Otherwise it is printed in nicely aligned columns. -Ch Display only the column headings. -CH Do not display the column headings. -Ci This option prepends the index of the entry to all printed lines. -Cl Left justify the data in each column. -Cr REPEATERS For GETBULK requests, REPEATERS specifies the max-repeaters value to use. For GETNEXT requests, REPEATERS specifies the number of entries to retrieve at a time. -Cw WIDTH Specifies the width of the lines when the table is printed. If the lines will be longer, the table will be printed in sections of at most WIDTH characters. If WIDTH is less than the length of the contents of a single column, then that single column will still be printed. Note that snmptable REQUIRES an argument specifying the agent to query and exactly one OID argument, as described in the snmpcmd(1) manual page. This OID must be that of a MIB table object. EXAMPLES
$ snmptable -v 2c -c public localhost at.atTable SNMP table: at.atTable RFC1213-MIB::atTable atIfIndex atPhysAddress atNetAddress 1 8:0:20:20:0:ab 130.225.243.33 $ snmptable -v 2c -c public -Cf + localhost at.atTable SNMP table: at.atTable atIfIndex+atPhysAddress+atNetAddress 1+8:0:20:20:0:ab+130.225.243.33 $ snmptable localhost -Cl -CB -Ci -OX -Cb -Cc 16 -Cw 64 ifTable SNMP table: ifTable Index Descr Type Mtu Speed PhysAddress AdminStatus OperStatus LastChange InOctets InUcastPkts InNUcastPkts InDiscards InErrors InUnknownProtos OutOctets OutUcastPkts OutNUcastPkts OutDiscards OutErrors OutQLen Specific index: [1] 1 lo softwareLoopbac 16436 10000000 up up ? 2837283786 3052466 ? 0 0 ? 2837283786 3052466 ? 0 0 0 zeroDotZero index: [2] 2 eth0 ethernetCsmacd 1500 10000000 0:5:5d:d1:f7:cf up up ? 2052604234 44252973 ? 0 0 ? 149778187 65897282 ? 0 0 0 zeroDotZero BUGS
The test for TABLE-OID actually specifying a table is rather heuristic. Note also that the test requires the defining MIB file to be loaded. SEE ALSO
snmpcmd(1), variables(5). V5.6.2.1 06 Sep 2003 SNMPTABLE(1)