Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Gmail Authentication from shell script Post 302744497 by Yoda on Friday 14th of December 2012 11:22:02 AM
Old 12-14-2012
This is possible using gmailshellaccess

Click here for details.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

FTP Authentication through shell script.

Hi All, My intention is to get file from the remote server, the following scripts works fine, but once if we give worng password it displays the err msg in the console, then it proceeds the further steps, I would like avoid this. I would like to do the authendication before doing FTP. If the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sarwan
0 Replies

2. What is on Your Mind?

Gmail down?

Anyone else having problems in the last 20 minutes or so with Gmail? (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: otheus
6 Replies

3. HP-UX

sftp/scp/ssh script with password as authentication

Hello, Do you guys know set of commands that can incorporate to sftp/scp/ssh to add password in a script to automate file transfer. Our client is not using ssh keys authentication so we are force to create a script to pass the password into the script to transfer files via sftp/scp/ssh. We... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: james_falco
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

passwordless authentication of SFTP script

Dear All I need to discuss about the problem which has been discussed so many times here. I need to transfer a file from server A to server B via passwordless SFTP script. By reading the threads on this topic here, I followed the below steps but still it's not working .. Pls find the steps... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: uday.shankar
13 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Configure gmail in linux shell for sending email

Hello, i have a problem sending emails in the command line. I have introduced this command: sendEmail -f my.account@gmail.com -t myself@domain.tld \ -u this is the test tile -m “this is a test message” \ -s smtp.gmail.com \ -o tls=yes \ -xu usernameonly -xp mypasswd but then i received... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: limadario
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Can I access gmail or hotmail from Unix script?

Hi, I wonder how can I access gmail or hotmail from Unix script? ksh? Thank you in advance for any advices. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tanit
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to check if host key authentication is setup

Hey all, I have a script that I use for some automated installs. Unfortunately for the script to work the server that it's running from needs to have host-key authentication setup to the target server. If it isn't setup beforehand and the script is executed the install partially completes and... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Rike255
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sendmail Script: Gmail cannot find attachments

Hi. I am using a script on HP-UX to send emails that include a Pdf attachment to clients. The scipt makes use of sendmail. The scripts works for everything except gmail. When I go on gmail via my Web Browser, I can see the message with the attachment, but if I try to view or download the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Wahooka
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to automate a script that would require authentication?

Hey everyone... I'm just stretching my wings a bit and seeing how things work. If I wanted to write a script that had me ssh to my remote computer, how can this be done? If the script runs without me, how can I enter the required password? the same is true for any time of authentication method like... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lost in Cyberia
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Pearl script Net::SFTP authentication error

#!/usr/local/bin/perl -w use Net::SFTP; use File::Copy; my $user=(getpwuid($<)); my $server = "servername"; print "user - $user server - $server \n"; my %args = ( user => "$user", ssh_args => {port=> 'portnum'} ); $args{debug} = 1; $args{user} = "user"; my $sftp=Net::SFTP->new($server,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Yashaswini H L
1 Replies
SETUID(1)						      General Commands Manual							 SETUID(1)

NAME
setuid - run a command with a different uid. SYNOPSIS
setuid username|uid command [ args ] DESCRIPTION
Setuid changes user id, then executes the specified command. Unlike some versions of su(1), this program doesn't ever ask for a password when executed with effective uid=root. This program doesn't change the environment; it only changes the uid and then uses execvp() to find the command in the path, and execute it. (If the command is a script, execvp() passes the command name to /bin/sh for processing.) For example, setuid some_user $SHELL can be used to start a shell running as another user. Setuid is useful inside scripts that are being run by a setuid-root user -- such as a script invoked with super, so that the script can execute some commands using the uid of the original user, instead of root. This allows unsafe commands (such as editors and pagers) to be used in a non-root mode inside a super script. For example, an operator with permission to modify a certain protected_file could use a super command that simply does: cp protected_file temp_file setuid $ORIG_USER ${EDITOR:-/bin/vi} temp_file cp temp_file protected_file (Note: don't use this example directly. If the temp_file can somehow be replaced by another user, as might be the case if it's kept in a temporary directory, there will be a race condition in the time between editing the temporary file and copying it back to the protected file.) AUTHOR
Will Deich local SETUID(1)