Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Linux booting options
Operating Systems Linux Debian Linux booting options Post 302744143 by fpmurphy on Friday 14th of December 2012 12:18:18 AM
Old 12-14-2012
One way might be to define a separate runlevel for the specialized software. Or set up the OS to run in kiosk mode.

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

booting up in Redhat Linux 7.1

When I created the redhat installation, I configured it to boot directly into GNOME, but now I want it to boot into the shell login screen. How can I change that? Thanks. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dangral
1 Replies

2. Solaris

Dual booting Linux and Solaris

Ok, so I'm a bit new to the whole Unix/Linux thing, but I'm no stranger to dual booting... However, the problem that I am having is that I am unable to create a dual boot with Unix (in this case I's using Sun Solaris 9.0 x86) and for linux either RH 9 or Mandrake 9.1, but for the purpose of just... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: AndroidI6
1 Replies

3. Linux

Booting Linux from an USB stick

I got Puppy linux and installed it on a usb stick. In the BIOS i selected to boot from USB-FDD but it goes to my HD and ignores the USB stick, What going on ?? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: perleo
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

A Big Problem in LINUX Booting

i have some problem in linux booting will u please help me the problem is i was using federo core 1 on my system everything was fine i made one entry in /etc/fstab file for accessing E drive of WINDOWS XP in that i had given file system as VFAT after rebooting system it was not... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: great_indian
1 Replies

5. Ubuntu

Problem while booting linux

Hi all, We are using linux Redhat 9. While booting the server, it says /proc not mounted and it says "Segmentation fault" and doesn't continue with booting. Basically, it started while we inserted a pen drive and removed it without mounting and un mounting it. After removing the pen drive &... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mjdarm
1 Replies

6. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Problem booting a linux (RAID5)

Hello, we have a problem with our system, a machine with a RAID5: - We can boot the system from CD only, if we try to boot from hard-disk the GRUB seems to be "freezed". What is the difference, why we can boot from CD if something is wrong? - Allways we retreive an error like: "raid array is... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: aristegui
6 Replies

7. Hardware

Linux not booting when keyboard is unplugged

Hello, I have two linux pc towers and both works normally. I have only one keyboard. When i plug the keyboard into the first pc, I connect to 2nd pc remotely and send reboot command. Second pc stucks on black screen. Could you please guide me what I should do? Thanks in advance Boris (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: baris35
6 Replies