Sponsored Content
Homework and Emergencies Emergency UNIX and Linux Support Solaris: Not able to access E2900 console Post 302743817 by vincenix on Thursday 13th of December 2012 11:00:37 AM
Old 12-13-2012
There is a serial ilom connection and the network based connection in to the ilom. If you can't telnet in or ssh in to the LAN based connection (we turn off telnet here so try ssh via putty) - make sure your LAN connection is allowed through your firewall if applicable.

I can't yet post URL's - however if you go to docs dot oracle dot com slash

cd/E19102-01/n1280.srvr/817-5233-10/overview.html

There is a link to chapter 3 regarding switching modes as well.

If the LAN method continues not to work then use the old RS232 method to a laptop and you are in.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

console access via serial port - settings

looking for the answer to console port access via 25pin serial. Can i tip in from another unix box for access? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: simplimarvelous
5 Replies

2. HP-UX

Access with console.

hi, is it possible to have a console access on a HP UX system without Web Console ? If yes, how ??? Many thanks in advance. :D (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: liliput
3 Replies

3. AIX

cant telnet to aix 5.2 and not even access through serial console

I have installed aix 5.2 on aix box through serial console connected to COM 1 . I even get a login prompt after the fresh installation . But as soon as i give a root & enter i again get a login prompt.i..e I am not able to logon after a fresh installation. and even i configured IP configuration... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: linuxnightowl84
0 Replies

4. Solaris

USB Console access on Solaris 9 x86

Hi Guys, I installed solaris 9 on my laptop(x86). I want to access the solaris console by attaching another laptop to this. But i do not have a Serial Port on the laptop on which I installed Solaris. I was wondering whether there was an option of console access through a USB2USB or using... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: com2com
1 Replies

5. AIX

Getting console access on freshly built AIX 5.2

Hi folks, I'm unfortunately only a Solaris/Linux guy and have a problem I can't solve. As part of an assessment of some network security software, I need to perform vulnerability scans and log (syslog event) collection from an AIX box. So I have a pSeries "B80" in front of me running AIX 5.2... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: kaldek
8 Replies

6. Solaris

Sunfire V100 console access

Hi guys, My current set up is I have a Laptop running redhat linux. This acts as an SSH server, and i use it to console into the LOM-A port on my Sunfire V100 using minicom. The idea is that I can remotely access and test things out. This works great, but I've just bought another V100 server... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: Stin
15 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to access console of a switch having rj45 on switch side to db 9 female on pc side console cable

hi, how to access console of a switch having rj45 on switch side to db 9 female on pc side console cable which needs to be connected to one console server having rj11 on its side and db 9 female on other end.i.e. on switch side,console cable has rj45 and db 9 pin female connector on other side of... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pankajd
1 Replies

8. AIX

P550 Unable to access Console

I have recently aquired the following machine: IBM,9113-550 Up until yesterday we could connect a dumb terminal to serial port 1 and get console login. However the dumb terminal died. We are now using a laptop with a null modem cable attached to serial port 1. This works perfectly for all of... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rsw7724
1 Replies

9. AIX

How to access root from console even if loginretries already reached

Hi, I wanted to know whether there is a setting in AIX to allow console login eventhough loginretries have already reached. What I mean is that loginretries applies to ssh/telnet connection but I can still login in console even after loginretries have been reached. Thanks. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: depam
2 Replies

10. AIX

How to access console for P650 server.

Hi Everyone, we had a one IBM P650 standalone server, planning to install AIX OS on top of it, I don't have HMC, is their a way to access to console of the server using serial cable or any other option for installing OS on top of it. Thanks, (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bobby320
1 Replies
volinstall(8)						      System Manager's Manual						     volinstall(8)

NAME
volinstall - Sets up Logical Storage Manager (LSM) environment after LSM installation SYNOPSIS
/usr/sbin/volinstall DESCRIPTION
The volinstall script sets up LSM special device files, and add the following lines to the /etc/inittab file: lsmr:s:sysinit:/sbin/lsmbstartup -b </dev/console >/dev/console 2>&1 lsm:23:wait:/sbin/lsmbstartup -n </dev/console >/dev/console 2>&1 vol:23:wait:/sbin/volreconfig -n </dev/console >/dev/console 2>&1 The first line calls the /sbin/lsmbstartup script, which enables LSM to start automatically on system reboot. The second line calls the /sbin/volreconfig script, which handles any pending encapsulation requests. If /sbin/lsmbstartup is not added to the /etc/inittab file, LSM must be started manually after system reboot. Note The volinstall script is automatically invoked by the volsetup, clu_create, and clu_add_member commands. Therefore, running the volinstall script to set up LSM is usually not necessary. SEE ALSO
inittab(4), lsmbstartup(8), volencap(8), volintro(8), volsetup(8), volinstall(8)