Sponsored Content
Homework and Emergencies Emergency UNIX and Linux Support Solaris: Not able to access E2900 console Post 302743817 by vincenix on Thursday 13th of December 2012 11:00:37 AM
Old 12-13-2012
There is a serial ilom connection and the network based connection in to the ilom. If you can't telnet in or ssh in to the LAN based connection (we turn off telnet here so try ssh via putty) - make sure your LAN connection is allowed through your firewall if applicable.

I can't yet post URL's - however if you go to docs dot oracle dot com slash

cd/E19102-01/n1280.srvr/817-5233-10/overview.html

There is a link to chapter 3 regarding switching modes as well.

If the LAN method continues not to work then use the old RS232 method to a laptop and you are in.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

console access via serial port - settings

looking for the answer to console port access via 25pin serial. Can i tip in from another unix box for access? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: simplimarvelous
5 Replies

2. HP-UX

Access with console.

hi, is it possible to have a console access on a HP UX system without Web Console ? If yes, how ??? Many thanks in advance. :D (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: liliput
3 Replies

3. AIX

cant telnet to aix 5.2 and not even access through serial console

I have installed aix 5.2 on aix box through serial console connected to COM 1 . I even get a login prompt after the fresh installation . But as soon as i give a root & enter i again get a login prompt.i..e I am not able to logon after a fresh installation. and even i configured IP configuration... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: linuxnightowl84
0 Replies

4. Solaris

USB Console access on Solaris 9 x86

Hi Guys, I installed solaris 9 on my laptop(x86). I want to access the solaris console by attaching another laptop to this. But i do not have a Serial Port on the laptop on which I installed Solaris. I was wondering whether there was an option of console access through a USB2USB or using... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: com2com
1 Replies

5. AIX

Getting console access on freshly built AIX 5.2

Hi folks, I'm unfortunately only a Solaris/Linux guy and have a problem I can't solve. As part of an assessment of some network security software, I need to perform vulnerability scans and log (syslog event) collection from an AIX box. So I have a pSeries "B80" in front of me running AIX 5.2... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: kaldek
8 Replies

6. Solaris

Sunfire V100 console access

Hi guys, My current set up is I have a Laptop running redhat linux. This acts as an SSH server, and i use it to console into the LOM-A port on my Sunfire V100 using minicom. The idea is that I can remotely access and test things out. This works great, but I've just bought another V100 server... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: Stin
15 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to access console of a switch having rj45 on switch side to db 9 female on pc side console cable

hi, how to access console of a switch having rj45 on switch side to db 9 female on pc side console cable which needs to be connected to one console server having rj11 on its side and db 9 female on other end.i.e. on switch side,console cable has rj45 and db 9 pin female connector on other side of... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pankajd
1 Replies

8. AIX

P550 Unable to access Console

I have recently aquired the following machine: IBM,9113-550 Up until yesterday we could connect a dumb terminal to serial port 1 and get console login. However the dumb terminal died. We are now using a laptop with a null modem cable attached to serial port 1. This works perfectly for all of... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rsw7724
1 Replies

9. AIX

How to access root from console even if loginretries already reached

Hi, I wanted to know whether there is a setting in AIX to allow console login eventhough loginretries have already reached. What I mean is that loginretries applies to ssh/telnet connection but I can still login in console even after loginretries have been reached. Thanks. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: depam
2 Replies

10. AIX

How to access console for P650 server.

Hi Everyone, we had a one IBM P650 standalone server, planning to install AIX OS on top of it, I don't have HMC, is their a way to access to console of the server using serial cable or any other option for installing OS on top of it. Thanks, (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bobby320
1 Replies
CONNECT-PROXY(1)					      General Commands Manual						  CONNECT-PROXY(1)

NAME
connect-proxy -- connect over SOCKS4/5 proxy SYNOPSIS
connect-proxy [-dnhst45] [-R resolve ] [-p local-port ] [-w secs ] [-H [user@]proxy-server[:port]] ] [-S [user@]socks-server[:port]] ] [-T proxy-server[:port] ] [-c telnet-proxy-command ] [host] [port] DESCRIPTION
connect-proxy open connection over SOCKS4/5 proxies Please, note that any HTTP-Proxy tunnel won't work with content-inspection firewall (unless using SSL). OPTIONS
-H specifies a hostname and port number of the http proxy server to relay. If port is omitted, 80 is used. You can specify this value in the environment variable HTTP_PROXY and pass the -h option to use it. -S specifies the hostname and port number of the SOCKS server to relay. Like -H, port number can be omitted and the default is 1080. You can also specify this value pair in the environment variable SOCKS5_SERVER and give the -s option to use it. -4 specifies SOCKS relaying and indicates protocol version to use. It is valid only when used with '-s' or '-S'. Default is '-5' (protocol version 5) -R method to resolve the hostname. Three keywords ("local", "remote", "both") or dot-notation IP address are acceptable. The key- word "both" means, "Try local first, then remote". If a dot-notation IP address is specified, use this host as nameserver. The default is "remote" for SOCKS5 or "local" for others. On SOCKS4 protocol, remote resolving method ("remote" and "both") requires protocol 4a supported server. -p will forward a local TCP port instead of using the standard input and output. -P same to '-p' except keep remote session. The program repeats waiting the port with holding remote session without disconnecting. To connect the remote session, send EOF to stdin or kill the program. -w timeout in seconds for making connection with TARGET host. -d used for debug. If you fail to connect, use this and check request to and response from server. USAGE
To use proxy, this example is for SOCKS5 connection to connect to "host" at port 25 via SOCKS5 server on "firewall" host. connect-proxy -S firewall host 25 SOCKS5_SERVER=firewall; export SOCKS5_SERVER; connect-proxy -s host 25 For a HTTP-PROXY connection: connect-proxy -H proxy-server:8080 host 25 HTTP_PROXY=proxy-server:8080; export HTTP_PROXY; connect-proxy -h host 25 To forward a local port, for example to use ssh: connect-proxy -p 5550 -H proxy-server:8080 host 22 ssh -l user To use it along ssh transparently: # file://~/.ssh/config # not using proxy on lan Host 192.* ProxyCommand connect-proxy %h %p # mandatory to access the internet Host * ProxyCommand connect-proxy -H proxyserver:8080 %h %p Or for all users ( /etc/ssh/ssh_config ) ENVIRONMENT
SOCKS5_USER, SOCKS5_PASSWORD, HTTP_PROXY_USER, HTTP_PROXY_PASSWORD, CONNECT_PASSWORD, LOGNAME, USER SEE ALSO
ssh (1). WWW
http://www.meadowy.org/~gotoh/projects/connect AUTHOR
This manual page was written by Philippe Coval rzr@gna.org for the Debian system (but may be used by others). Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the GNU General Public License, Version 2 any later version published by the Free Software Foundation. On Debian systems, the complete text of the GNU General Public License can be found in /usr/share/common-licenses/GPL. CONNECT-PROXY(1)