Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Finding data value that contains x% of points Post 302743795 by Corona688 on Thursday 13th of December 2012 10:16:05 AM
Old 12-13-2012
There's probably a way to do that statistically. Checking...

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX and Linux Applications

Gnuplot question: how to plot 3D points as colored points in map view?

I have a simple gnuplot question. I have a set of points (list of x,y,z values; irregularly spaced, i.e. no grid) that I want to plot. I want the plot to look like this: - points in map view (no 3D view) - color of each point should depend on its z-value. - I want to define my own color scale -... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: karman
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

to extarct data points

suppose u have a file which consist of many data points separated by asterisk Question is to extract third part in each line . 0.0002*0.003*-0.93939*0.0202*0.322*0.3332*0.2222*0.22020 0.003*0.3333*0.33322*-0.2220*0.3030*0.2222*0.3331*-0.3030 0.0393*0.3039*-0.03038*0.033*0.4033*0.30384*0.4048... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: cdfd123
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

recoding data points using SED??

Hello all, I have a data file that needs some serious work...I have no idea how to implement the changes that are needed! The file is a genotypic file with >64,000 columns representing genetic markers, a header line, and >1100 rows that looks like this: ID 1 2 3 4 ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: doobedoo
7 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Writing an algorithm to recode data points

I have a file that has been partially recoded so that data points that were formerly letter combinations are now -1, 0, or 1. I need to finish recoding the GG and CC data points. The file looks like this: ID 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 83845676 0 0 0 0 CC -1 CC CC 838469. -1 -1 1 GG CC 0 CC 1 83847041... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: doobedoo
10 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Group search (multiple data points) in Linux

Hi All I have a data set like this tab delimited: weft fgr-1 345 -1 fgrythdgd weft fgr-3 456 -2 ghjdklflllff weft fgr-11 456 -3 ghtjuffl weft fgr-1 213 -2 ghtyjdkl weft fgr-34 567 -5 fghytkflf frgt fgr-36 567 -1 ghrjufjf frgt fgr-45 678 -2 ghjruir frgt fgr-34 546 -5 gjjjgkldlld frgt... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lucky Ali
4 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to get data only inside polygon created by points which is part of whole data from file?

hiii, Help me out..i have a huge set of data stored in a file.This file has has 2 columns which is latitude & longitude of a region. Now i have a program which asks for the number of points & based on this number it asks the user to enter that latitude & longitude values which are in the same... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: reva
7 Replies

7. Programming

GNUPLOT- how to change the style of data points

Hi, I am trying to arrange my graphs with GNUPLOT. Although it looked like simple at the beginning, I could not figure out an answer for the following: I want to change the style of my data points (not the line, just exact data points) The terminal assigns first + and then x to them but what I... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: natasha
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Calculate difference between consecutive data points in a column from a file

Hi, I have a file with one column data (sample below) and I am trying to write a shell script to calculate the difference between consecutive data valuse i.e Var = Ni -N(i-1) 0.3141 -3.6595 0.9171 5.2001 3.5331 3.7022 -6.1087 -5.1039 -9.8144 1.6516 -2.725 3.982 7.769 8.88 (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: malandisa
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grabbing data between 2 points in text file

I have a text file that shows the output of my solar inverters. I want to separate this into sections. overview , device 1 , device 2 , device 3. Each device has different number of lines. but they all have unique starting points. Overview starts with 6 #'s, Devices have 4#'s and their data starts... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mikey
6 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Ranking data points from multiple files

I need to rank a large number of data points that exist in multiple files. My data points (Column 3) are based on unique values in columns 1 and 2. I need to rank the values that are in File 1, Column 3. For instance: Input File 1 AAA BBB 10 CCC DDD 16 EEE FFF 20 Input File 2 ... (47 Replies)
Discussion started by: ncwxpanther
47 Replies
MYSQLRPLCHECK(1)						  MySQL Utilities						  MYSQLRPLCHECK(1)

NAME
mysqlrplcheck - Check prerequisities for replication SYNOPSIS
mysqlrplcheck [options] DESCRIPTION
This utility checks the prerequisites for replication between a master and a slave. These checks (called tests) are designed to ensure a healthy replication setup. The utility performs the following tests: 1. Is the binary log enabled on the master? 2. Are there binary logging exceptions (such as *_do_db or *_ignore_db settings)? If so, display them. 3. Does the replication user exist on the master with the correct privileges? 4. Are there server_id conflicts? 5. Is the slave connected to this master? If not, display the master host and port. 6. Are there conflicts between the master.info file on the slave and the values shown in SHOW SLAVE STATUS on the master? 7. Are the InnoDB configurations compatible (plugin vs. native)? 8. Are the storage engines compatible (have same on slave as master)? 9. Are the lower_case_tables_names settings compatible? Warn if there are settings for lowercase/uppercase table names that can cause problems. See Bug #59240. 10. Is the slave behind the master? The utility runs each test in turn unless there is a fatal error preventing further testing, such as a loss of connection to the servers. Each test can complete with one of the following states: pass (the prerequisites are met), fail (the prerequisites were met but one or more errors occurred or there are exceptions to consider), or warn (the test found some unusual settings that should be examined further but may not be in error). Use the --verbose option to see additional information such as server IDs, lower_case_table_name settings, and the contents of the master information file on the slave. To see the values from the SHOW SLAVE STATUS statement, use the --show-slave-status option. OPTIONS
mysqlrplcheck accepts the following command-line options: --help Display a help message and exit. --master=<source> Connection information for the master server in <user>[:<passwd>]@<host>[:<port>][:<socket>] format. --master-info-file=<file> The name of the master information file on the slave. The default is master.info read from the data directory. Note: This option requires that you run the utility on the slave and that you have appropriate read access for the file. --quiet, -q Turn off all messages for quiet execution. Note: Errors and warnings are not suppressed. --show-slave-status, -s Display the values from SHOW SLAVE STATUS on the master. --slave=<source> Connection information for the slave server in <user>[:<passwd>]@<host>[:<port>][:<socket>] format. --suppress Suppress warning messages. --verbose, -v Specify how much information to display. Use this option multiple times to increase the amount of information. For example, -v = verbose, -vv = more verbose, -vvv = debug. --version Display version information and exit. --width=<number> Change the display width of the test report. The default is 75 characters. NOTES
The login user must have the appropriate permissions to execute SHOW SLAVE STATUS, SHOW MASTER STATUS, and SHOW VARIABLES on the appropri- ate servers. EXAMPLES
To check the prerequisites of a master and slave that currently are actively performing replication, use the following command: $ mysqlrplcheck --master=root@host1:3310 --slave=root@host2:3311 # master on host1: ... connected. # slave on host2: ... connected. Test Description Status ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Checking for binary logging on master [pass] Are there binlog exceptions? [pass] Replication user exists? [pass] Checking server_id values [pass] Is slave connected to master? [pass] Check master information file [pass] Checking InnoDB compatibility [pass] Checking storage engines compatibility [pass] Checking lower_case_table_names settings [pass] Checking slave delay (seconds behind master) [pass] # ...done. As shown in the example, you must provide valid login information for both the master and the slave. To perform the same command but also display the contents of the master information file on the slave and the values of SHOW SLAVE STATUS as well as additional details, use this command: $ mysqlrplcheck --master=root@host1:3310 --slave=root@host2:3311 --show-slave-status -vv # master on host1: ... connected. # slave on host2: ... connected. Test Description Status ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Checking for binary logging on master [pass] Are there binlog exceptions? [pass] Replication user exists? [pass] Checking server_id values [pass] master id = 10 slave id = 11 Is slave connected to master? [pass] Check master information file [pass] # # Master information file: # Master_Log_File : clone-bin.000001 Read_Master_Log_Pos : 482 Master_Host : host1 Master_User : rpl Master_Password : XXXX Master_Port : 3310 Connect_Retry : 60 Master_SSL_Allowed : 0 Master_SSL_CA_File : Master_SSL_CA_Path : Master_SSL_Cert : Master_SSL_Cipher : Master_SSL_Key : Master_SSL_Verify_Server_Cert : 0 Checking InnoDB compatibility [pass] Checking storage engines compatibility [pass] Checking lower_case_table_names settings [pass] Master lower_case_table_names: 2 Slave lower_case_table_names: 2 Checking slave delay (seconds behind master) [pass] # # Slave status: # Slave_IO_State : Waiting for master to send event Master_Host : host1 Master_User : rpl Master_Port : 3310 Connect_Retry : 60 Master_Log_File : clone-bin.000001 Read_Master_Log_Pos : 482 Relay_Log_File : clone-relay-bin.000006 Relay_Log_Pos : 251 Relay_Master_Log_File : clone-bin.000001 Slave_IO_Running : Yes Slave_SQL_Running : Yes Replicate_Do_DB : Replicate_Ignore_DB : Replicate_Do_Table : Replicate_Ignore_Table : Replicate_Wild_Do_Table : Replicate_Wild_Ignore_Table : Last_Errno : 0 Last_Error : Skip_Counter : 0 Exec_Master_Log_Pos : 482 Relay_Log_Space : 551 Until_Condition : None Until_Log_File : Until_Log_Pos : 0 Master_SSL_Allowed : No Master_SSL_CA_File : Master_SSL_CA_Path : Master_SSL_Cert : Master_SSL_Cipher : Master_SSL_Key : Seconds_Behind_Master : 0 Master_SSL_Verify_Server_Cert : No Last_IO_Errno : 0 Last_IO_Error : Last_SQL_Errno : 0 Last_SQL_Error : # ...done. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011, 2012, Oracle and/or its affiliates. All rights reserved. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation; version 2 of the License. This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MER- CHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License for more details. You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License along with this program; if not, write to the Free Software Foundation, Inc., 51 Franklin St, Fifth Floor, Boston, MA 02110-1301 USA AUTHOR
MySQL Utilities Team COPYRIGHT
2010, Oracle and/or its affiliates. All rights reserved. 1.0.3 May 09, 2012 MYSQLRPLCHECK(1)