Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming Is it possible to change search inside .pdf or .doc files? Post 302743383 by phunk on Wednesday 12th of December 2012 04:56:30 PM
Old 12-12-2012
Not sure if this helps?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

converting PDF to text, rtf doc format

Hi all Is there any program which can convert PDF to word processor file ? If the PDF has smart quotes, bullet icons, copyright and trademark symbols, etc. what happens to them intext format? So ideally would like to conver into rtf or doc. Thanks SS (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: saurya_s
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

awk search and print .doc extensions

Hello, I'm trying to grab all lines in a file that match the extension using the following command: awk '/.doc/' Input.csv > WordFiles.dat This works, but if a line contains "doc" it still prints the line. I want to print only the lines with ".doc" Can someone show how to pick up only... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: orahi001
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Working with OCR text inside PDF files

I'm trying to find a way to automate cleanup of OCR for a large number of scanned pages - due to limitations of the access mechanism where these are to end up, I need to create pdf files that include the background text for searching. Going in I have Tif images too dirty to OCR and re-keyed text... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dorcas
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

script to search patterns inside list of files

>testfile while read x do if then echo $x >> testfile else fi if then echo $x >> testfile else fi done < list_of_files is there any efficient way to search abc.dml and xyz.dml ? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dr46014
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Searching for a string in .PDF files inside .RAR & .ZIP archives.

Hi, I have got a large number of .PDF files that are archived in .RAR & ZIP files in various directories and I would like to search for strings inside the PDF files. I would think you would need something that can recursively read directories, extract the .RAR/.ZIP file in memory, read the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: lewk
3 Replies

6. Linux

How to search in ms word files and pdf's

Hi, Please let me know if there is a unix command or any shell script which can do a search for a text in ms-word files, pdf'd and in excel files. Please let me know if there is a solution for this challenge. Thanks, Kesava. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kesava
4 Replies

7. UNIX and Linux Applications

Word doc to pdf conversion?

I am trying to find a way to convert a Word doc saved in the XML format to a PDF file (that looks like the original Word doc). Yes, there are all kinds of ways to do this interactively. What I need is something that can be run as a background process so that when XML files are placed in a... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: garzon
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Can I view doc files from terminal

Sometimes I'm working from terminal for long periods of time and I come across a doc file I don't recognize. I've been trying to figure out how to view it instead of opening up word. I've tried cat but it jumps into binary and my terminal goes nuts. Is there a way I can do this from... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: syregnar86
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Converting secured pdf files to pdf using acroread

Does anybody have idea of Converting secured pdf files to pdf using acroread ? ---------- Post updated at 04:49 PM ---------- Previous update was at 04:44 PM ---------- This file is not password protected. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Soham
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to merge two .doc files from different servers.?

Folks, I would like to know how to merge two .doc files from different servers. For example, df -h > host1.doc --> from host1 df -h > host2.doc --> from host2 Now i want to merge these different server details into single .doc file. Pls let me know, if any questions... Regards,... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: seenuvasan1985
2 Replies
QPDFVIEW(1)						      General Commands Manual						       QPDFVIEW(1)

NAME
qpdfview - tabbed PDF viewer SYNOPSIS
qpdfview [options] [file(s)[#page[#top]]] DESCRIPTION
qpdfview is a simple document viewer for PDF documents. It uses the poppler library for rendering. OPTIONS
--unique If an instance of qpdfview is started with this option, any files that are opened using this option afterwards, are opened as tabs in this same window. If a file is already opened in a tab of the respective window, it is merely reloaded using this option. [file(s)[#page[#top]]] Specifies the files to open when qpdfview starts. If this is not specified, qpdfview will open a blank window. Multiple files can be loaded in separate tabs if the file names are separated by spaces. The optional parameter #page opens the file at the given page. The optional parameter #top can take values between 0 and 1 and opens the page with the given position aligned to the top of the tab. (See examples.) CONFIGURATION FILE
qpdfview uses a configuration file usually located at "~/.config/qpdfview/qpdfview.conf", which allows configuration of the toolbars and thumbnails. The keys "fileToolBar", "editToolBar" and "viewToolBar" are added to the section "mainWindow". Their values are comma-separated lists. The default (available) entries are: fileToolBar: openInNewTab, refresh (open, saveCopy, print) editToolBar: currentPage, numberOfPages, previousPage, nextPage (firstPage, lastPage, jumpToPage, search) viewToolBar: scaleFactor, zoomIn, zoomOut (onePage, twoPages, oneColumn, twoColumns, fitToPage, fitToPageWidth, doNotScale, rotateLeft, rotateRight, fullscreen, presentation) The order of the items in the list defines the order of the items in the toolbar. (See examples.) Setting the keys "thumbnailWidth" and "thumbnailHeight" in the section "documentView" specifies the size of the thumbnails. The icon theme used by Qt can be overridden by setting the key "iconTheme" in the section "mainWindow". EXAMPLES
The command qpdfview foo.pdf#3#0.5 bar.pdf opens foo.pdf in the first tab with the middle of page 3 aligned to the top of the tab and bar.pdf in the second tab at the begin- ning of the document. Subsequent execution of the following commands qpdfview --unique foo.pdf bar.pdf qpdfview --unique foo.pdf#5 opens foo.pdf and bar.pdf, then reloads foo.pdf and displays its page 5. Subsequent execution of the following commands qpdfview --unique foo.pdf qpdfview bar.pdf qpdfview --unique foo1.pdf bar1.pdf opens foo.pdf in the first window, bar.pdf in a second window and then foo1.pdf and bar1.pdf in additional tabs in the first window. Adding the lines fileToolBar=openInNewTab, refresh, saveCopy, print editToolBar=firstPage, previousPage, currentPage, numberOfPages, nextPage, lastPage, search viewToolBar=zoomOut, scaleFactor, zoomIn, oneColumn, twoColumns, rotateLeft, rotateRight in section "mainWindow" of the configuration file leads to the corresponding items being displayed in the given order in the tool- bars. BUGS
If you find a bug, please report it at https://launchpad.net/qpdfview. AUTHOR
Benjamin Eltzner <b.eltzner@gmx.de> March 2012 QPDFVIEW(1)