Sponsored Content
Special Forums UNIX and Linux Applications Allowing recursion into rsyncd module directories Post 302743145 by tay9000 on Wednesday 12th of December 2012 08:18:49 AM
Old 12-12-2012
Allowing recursion into rsyncd module directories

Hello,

I am wondering if it is possible to allow rescursion into rsyncd modules. For example, I have a module set up like the following:
Code:
[backup]
        path = /home/backup
        write only = yes
        read only = no
        auth users = backup
        secrets file = /usr/local/etc/rsyncd.secrets

But let's say for my push command I want to use:
Code:
rsync /file/i/want/to/transfer.gz rsync://backup@192.168.30.76:9000/backup/nagios/daily

It seems to not work. It says permission denied. I don't want to set up a module specifically for /home/backup/nagios/daily because I also have folders for other server backups and daily/weekly in each of those. So I'd rather be allowed to recurse into the module with my push command.

Is this possible?

---------- Post updated at 05:18 AM ---------- Previous update was at 04:13 AM ----------

Nevermind this works by default. The directory of the folder I was trying to write to was not writable by the Rsync Daemon which is why I was getting the permission denied error.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

recursion

I'm using the UNIX csh and i wish to use recursion to nav my way up (or down as it is) a given folder. My little test script is called "r" and takes a folder as argv (or $1) #!/bin/tcsh -f set allFiles = `ls -A $argv` cd $argv while ($#allFiles) if (-d... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gsjf
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help Help Help in recursion

Hello every body. I am trying to find the factorial using the following code. But it is giving the syntax error. I tried very much but in vain. Thanks in advance for helping me factorial() { if then y=`expr $1 - 1` x=$(( $1 \* factorial $y ))... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: murtaza
6 Replies

3. Linux

How to convert Linux Kernel built-in module into a loadable module

Hi all, I am working on USB data monitoring on Fedora Core 9. Kernel 2.6.25 has a built-in module (the one that isn't loadable, but compiles and links statically with the kernel during compilation) to snoop USB data. It is in <kernel_source_code>/drivers/usb/mon/. I need to know if I can... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: anitemp
0 Replies

4. Programming

Recursion

I want to halt a tail recursive function after certain validation. I want to come out of entire recursion without unwinding phase. How can i achieve that . The coding is done in C language. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: joshighanshyam
5 Replies

5. Programming

C Recursion (explain)

Hi, Question: how come the output is like that? Can explain to me abit. I am learning C. Thanks! #include <stdio.h> #include <string.h> void printit(char line_of_char, int index); int main() { char line_of_char; int index = -1; strcpy(line_of_char, "This is a string."); ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: seede
5 Replies

6. Red Hat

Need help in allowing symmetric cryptography[2]

I have encountered some problems in my school work. Here is the question: The server that provides the time synchronization must be configured to allow its clients to verify its authenticity using symmetric cryptography. Much Appreciated!:) (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: wilsonljx
1 Replies

7. Homework & Coursework Questions

Need help in allowing symmetric cryptography[2]

The server that provides the time synchronization must be configured to allow its clients to verify its authenticity using symmetric cryptography. 4. Singapore Polytechnic, Dover, Singapore,Mr Kam, and Computer Engineering I don't think there is any coding since it is just configuring... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: wilsonljx
3 Replies

8. Red Hat

PAM module pam_passwdqc module

Hello friends Today i have changed my passwd policy for strong password Everything is working correctly but when i changed my password , it did not ask me my old password my /etc/pam.d/system-auth file is (only passwdqc.so module line) password required pam_passwdqc.so retry=3... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: rink
0 Replies

9. Cybersecurity

IP Tables not allowing ports

Hi guys, I'm trying to configure iptables to only allow certain ports access. I set the first set of rules to block everything and then subsequently open ports as needed, but everything still seems to be blocked. I have read that the order matters (new to iptables), perhaps this is an issue.... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: 3therk1ll
6 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Allowing External Scans

Hello! I run an HP Unix system which I host oracle databases on, as well as oracle based apps used by my company. My IA department needs to scan my files to ensure I am following IA procedures and check for vulnerabilities in scripts etc. The scan is coming from corporate, and they asked for... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hpuxguy
2 Replies
MODULES.DEP(5)							    modules.dep 						    MODULES.DEP(5)

NAME
modules.dep, modules.dep.bin - Module dependency information SYNOPSIS
/lib/modules/modules.dep /lib/modules/modules.dep.bin DESCRIPTION
The modules.dep.bin as generated by module-init-tools depmod, lists the dependencies for every module in the directories under /lib/modules/version, where modules.dep.bin (or the human readable version modules.dep) is also located. It is used by utilities such as modprobe. The binary version will be used by default, if it was generated by a compatible version of depmod, with fallback to the generic modules.dep. These files are not intended for editing or use by any additional utilities as their format is subject to change in the future. You should use the modinfo(8) command to obtain information about modules in a future proof and compatible fashion rather than touching these files. COPYRIGHT
This manual page originally Copyright 2002, Rusty Russell, IBM Corporation. Maintained by Jon Masters and others. SEE ALSO
depmod(8), modprobe(8) AUTHORS
Jon Masters <jcm@jonmasters.org> Developer Lucas De Marchi <lucas.demarchi@profusion.mobi> Developer kmod 07/02/2013 MODULES.DEP(5)