Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Slash delimiter
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Slash delimiter Post 302743111 by pamu on Wednesday 12th of December 2012 06:25:11 AM
Old 12-12-2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by frhling
Could you please explain what n and P are?
Here we are spiting that string into multiple fields.
n= Total number of fields.
P= This is an array which stores those fields from index as 1 to n.

Code:
$ echo "first-second-third" | awk '{n=split($0,P,"-");print n;for(i=1;i<=n;i++){print P[i],i}}'
3  # prints n here- it has 3 number of fields.
first 1
second 2
third 3

I hope this helps

pamu
This User Gave Thanks to pamu For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk slash

I have configuration file(master.cnf), that contents are: VER1LOG /src/ver1/log VER2LOG /src/ver2/log APPLOG /src/sys/apps/log APPCONF /src/sys/apps/conf APPBIN /src/sys/apps/bin my shell script is as below mylog=sys/apps awk "/$mylog/" master.cnf awk: syntax error Context is: >>> ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: McLan
6 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace the last slash alone

Hi All, Can you please help me with the below issue. I want only the last slash to be replaced with space. 06/05/2008/EDED_FD_BDCD_ABCD_123 06/05/2008 EDED_FD_BDCD_ABCD_123 (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: christineida
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

About \ (Back slash)

Hi All, print "path/executable_file parameters" \ > path/file1 print "path/executable_file parameters" \ > path/file2 print "path/executable_file parameters" \ > path/file3 chmod 775 path/file1 \ path/file2 \ ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Arunprasad
7 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Substitute single backward-slash with the double backward-slash

Hi, I have a path like this c:\test\sample\programs, i need to change thiis to c:\\test\\sample\\programs. How to perform this? I tried tr command but it didn't help me. Thanks Vijayan (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mvictorvijayan
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using sed to append backward slash before forward slash

Hi all, I need to know way of inserting backward slash before forward slash. My problem is that i need to supply directory path as an argument while invoking cshell script. This argument is further used in script (i.e. sed is used to insert this path in some file). So i need to place \ in front... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sarbjit
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Substring based on delimiter, finding last delimiter

Hi, I have a string like ABC.123.XYZ-A1-B2-P1-C4. I want to delimit the string based on "-" and then get result as only two strings. One with string till last hyphen and other with value after last hyphen... For this case, it would be something like first string as "ABC.123.XYZ-A1-B2-P1" and... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: gupt_ash
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to cut by delimiter, and delimiter can be anything except numbers?

Hi all, I have a number of strings like below: //mnt/autocor/43°13'(33")W/ and i'm trying to get the numbers in this string, for example 431333 please help thanks ahead (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: sunnydanniel
14 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to put delimiter for a no delimiter variable length text file

Hi, I have a No Delimiter variable length text file with following schema - Column Name Data length Firstname 5 Lastname 5 age 3 phoneno1 10 phoneno2 10 phoneno3 10 sample data - ... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: Gaurav Martha
16 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to remove slash

I got stuck in problem i need to remove slash but it is not working. current output /usr/sbin/httpd expected output usr sbin httpd (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: learnbash
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl Code to change file delimiter (passed as argument) to bar delimiter

Hi, Extremely new to Perl scripting, but need a quick fix without using TEXT::CSV I need to read in a file, pass any delimiter as an argument, and convert it to bar delimited on the output. In addition, enclose fields within double quotes in case of any embedded delimiters. Any help would... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: JPB1977
2 Replies
set_color(1)							       fish							      set_color(1)

NAME
set_color - set_color - set the terminal color set_color - set the terminal color Synopsis set_color [-v --version] [-h --help] [-b --background COLOR] [COLOR] Description Change the foreground and/or background color of the terminal. COLOR is one of black, red, green, brown, yellow, blue, magenta, purple, cyan, white and normal. o -b, --background Set the background color o -c, --print-colors Prints a list of all valid color names o -h, --help Display help message and exit o -o, --bold Set bold or extra bright mode o -u, --underline Set underlined mode o -v, --version Display version and exit Calling set_color normal will set the terminal color to whatever is the default color of the terminal. Some terminals use the --bold escape sequence to switch to a brighter color set. On such terminals, set_color white will result in a grey font color, while set_color --bold white will result in a white font color. Not all terminal emulators support all these features. This is not a bug in set_color but a missing feature in the terminal emulator. set_color uses the terminfo database to look up how to change terminal colors on whatever terminal is in use. Some systems have old and incomplete terminfo databases, and may lack color information for terminals that support it. Download and install the latest version of ncurses and recompile fish against it in order to fix this issue. Version 1.23.1 Sun Jan 8 2012 set_color(1)