Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Read pipe data
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Read pipe data Post 302742691 by shubh05 on Tuesday 11th of December 2012 12:35:19 PM
Old 12-11-2012
Ok, thanks for the suggestion.

Please let me know, what needs to be done in order to handle it via changing the mail server?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

read after pipe problem OSX10.4

I use read often in scripts to filter the right part into a variable like: $ print "abc cde efg" | read k l ; print "k=$k, l=$l" k=, l= This works on linux and unix versions I work with. On OSX 10.4 this doesn't work. I found a workaround but would like to know why the original line... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: relyveld
5 Replies

2. Programming

Problem in read() from a pipe

Hi, Can any one please help me with this. Am struggling hard to get a solution. I am doing telnet through a C program and getting the stdout file descriptor of the remote machine to pipe. read() function is getting data, But whenl it receives SOH character ie. ^A ( Start of heading = Console... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: JDS
2 Replies

3. Programming

pipe read and write with many forked children

I know how to read and write if i have a forked process with only one child. However what is involved with reading and writing with many forked processes. Say one parent that forks 5 children, and needs to communicate with all 5 in half duplex. int temp, counter=0; do{ pipe(temp); ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: steveneliuk
5 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

AIX 5.3 - There is no process to read data written to a pipe

I have the following code which works on AIX 4.3 but fails at times on AIX 5.3 with: cat: 0652-054 cannot write to output. There is no process to read data written to a pipe. validator="${validator_exe} ${validator_parms}" cmd_line="${CAT} ${data_file} | ${validator}... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: vigsgb
6 Replies

5. AIX

Tape drive problem - no process to read data written to a pipe

Hi Everyone, The machine I'm working on is an AIX 5.3 LPAR running on a P650. oslevel -r shows 5300-08. I'm trying to take a backup to a SCSI tape drive, which has been working up until this point. I know of nothing that has changed recently to cause this problem. But when I try to take a... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: need2bageek
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Read from a pipe or die in perl

I have a perl program that I want to read from a file passed as an argument or from a pipe. If their is no pipe or arguments, I want it to output a help message. I am stuck on how to prevent perl from reading from the keyboard if it isn't fed any file names or data from a pipe. The only things I... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ilikecows
4 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

No process to read data written to a pipe on AIX

We use SAP application cluster on AIX. Communication between 2 of its instances is failing randomly with the following error: java.net.SocketException: There is no process to read data written to a pipe. The above error causes a cluster restart if an important communication fails. Can... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: RoshniMehta
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

While read pipe input issue

Hello, I have an ffmpeg bash script which is working nice and I need to do the same for other sources. To create new scripts and to deal with multiple bash files sounds not logical. It is a bit hard to manage for me.. I wondered if it was possible to make my input file as variable. Then I... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: baris35
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

UNIX fifo concurrent read from a named pipe

I have created a fifo named pipe in solaris, which writes the content of a file, line by line, into pipe as below: $ mkfifo namepipe $ cat books.txt "how to write unix code" "how to write oracle code" $ cat books.txt >> namepipe & I have a readpipe.sh script which reads the named... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: naveen mani
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

UNIX Pipe -Exit when there are no bytes to read

Hi All, I'm creating a program which reads millions of bytes from the PIPE and do some processing. As the data is more, the idea is to read the pipe parallely. Sun Solaris 8 See the code below: #!/bin/sh MAXTHREAD=30 awk '{print $1}' metadata.csv > nvpipe & while do ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mr_manii
3 Replies
MAKEHOSTEDDOMAINS(8)					      Double Precision, Inc.					      MAKEHOSTEDDOMAINS(8)

NAME
makehosteddomains - Build a database of hosted domains SYNOPSIS
makehosteddomains DESCRIPTION
makehosteddomains rebuilds the contents of the /etc/courier/hosteddomains.dat database from the contents of /etc/courier/hosteddomains. This can be either a file or a directory. If it's a directory, the contents of all the files in this directory are simply concatenated. The makehosteddomains script must be run in order for any changes to /etc/courier/hosteddomains to take effect. The function of /etc/courier/hosteddomains is very similar to the one of /etc/courier/locals. Both configuration files specify a list of domains that are considered to be local domains - domains whose mailboxes are stored locally. The difference is that domains listed in /etc/courier/locals are removed from addresses before their mailbox is looked up. For example, if the domain "example.com" is listed in /etc/courier/locals, then the address <user@example.com> is delivered to a local mailbox named "user". If this domain is listed, instead, in /etc/courier/hosteddomains, then the address <user@example.com> is delivered to a local mailbox named "user@example.com". Usually you would use /etc/courier/locals to specify domains that correspond to your local system accounts, that are looked up in your system's password database. The /etc/courier/hosteddomains file is usually used when you have database-based virtual domains, that are maintained via an LDAP or a MySQL server. The Courier mail server's LDAP and MySQL authentication modules will use the full E-mail address to query the LDAP or MySQL server for the location of the local mailbox that correspond to the E-mail address. The Courier mail server's authuserdb authentication module can also use full E-mail addresses. Contents of hosteddomains The file /etc/courier/hosteddomains simply contains a list of domains, one per line, for example: domain.com example.org Each domain can optionally be followed by a single tab character, in order to specify an alias for a domain, for example: domain.com mail.domain.com<TAB>domain.com example.com<TAB>domain.com First, we list the domain "domain.com" as a hosted domain. Then, we also list the domain "mail.domain.com", which is an alias for domain.com. The Courier mail server will take any address of the form <address@mail.domain.com>, rewrite it as <address@domain.com>, and attempt to deliver the mail to a local mailbox for that name. The third entry does the same for "example.com"; mail addressed to <address@example.com> is delivered to the local mailbox <address@domain.com>. alias@hosteddomain This is a special local mail delivery rule for hosteddomain-listed domains. This rule allows the Courier mail server accept mail to any address@hosteddomain, where "hosteddomain" is a domain listed in the hosteddomains file, but there is no corresponding account for address@hosteddomain. To provide delivery instructions for any non-existing address in a hosteddomain-listed domain: 1) Create the local address alias@hosteddomain. For example, if the hosteddomains file contains "example.com", create the local account alias@example.com. This should be a normal account, with its own home directory, userid and groupid. 2) Create $HOME/.courier-default file in this account, containing the delivery instructions. See the dot-courier(5)[1] manual page for available delivery instructions. NOTE that alias@example.com must be a real account, not a mail alias. If you want to forward alias@example.com to another address, put forwarding instructions in the .courier-default file. However, alias@example.com can be a clone of another account (with the same home directory, userid, and groupid). "WILDCARD DNS" Wildcard DNS is supported for hosteddomains by placing a single period character before the domain name. For example, the hosted domain entry ".domain.com" will cause the Courier mail server to accept mail for "anything.domain.com". The Courier mail server will accept mail for <address@any.thing.domain.com> and attempt to deliver it to the local mailbox <address@any.thing.domain.com>, and if that fails then attempt to deliver the mail to the local mailbox <address@.thing.domain.com>, then finally <address@.domain.com> Note There is a period after the '@' character. If you want all mail for "any.thing.domain.com" to be delivered as though it were sent to "domain.com", you should define an alias for the domain, for example: domain.com .domain.com<TAB>domain.com SEE ALSO
esmtpd(8)[2]. AUTHOR
Sam Varshavchik Author NOTES
1. dot-courier(5) [set $man.base.url.for.relative.links]/dot-courier.html 2. esmtpd(8) [set $man.base.url.for.relative.links]/esmtpd.html Courier Mail Server 08/30/2011 MAKEHOSTEDDOMAINS(8)