Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Renumber position 88-94 inside all files matching criteria inside folder Post 302742649 by Corona688 on Tuesday 11th of December 2012 11:34:44 AM
Old 12-11-2012
Bumping up posts or double posting is not permitted in these forums.

Please read the rules, which you agreed to when you registered, if you have not already done so.

You may receive an infraction for this. If so, don't worry, just try to follow the rules more carefully. The infraction will expire in the near future

Thank You.

The UNIX and Linux Forums.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

looping a array inside inside ssh is not working, pls help

set -A arr a1 a2 a3 a4 # START ssh -xq $Server1 -l $Username /usr/bin/ksh <<-EOS integer j=0 for loop in ${arr} do printf "array - ${arr}\n" (( j = j + 1 )) j=`expr j+1` done EOS # END ========= this is not giving me correct output. I... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: reldb
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Matching using Regex inside a file

I need scan through some files, then open the file one by one and scan inside the file using perl to see if it contain a start tag and end tag which the end tag is the mirror image of the start tag, the start tag and end tag only have 5 char. And inside the file there is "http://". It is just a... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: blueblur
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Security for applets files inside a folder

Friends I have a directory structure /a/b/c/applets/ This directory has .java, .class and other applet files. I gave the applets folder 755 permission because these applets are displayed at different web pages of a portal. Now I want to restrict the visibility of all the files in this... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: dahlia84
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Last modified time of the folder is changing when I view the file inside the directory

Hi., Last modified time of the folder is changing when I view the file inside the directory. Here is the test on sample directory. I believe that ls -l commands gives the time detail w.r.t last modified time. Pl. suggest. bash-3.2$ mkdir test bash-3.2$ cd test bash-3.2$ touch myfile.txt... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: IND123
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with matching pattern inside a file

I have a huge file that has roughly 30304 lines. I need to extract specific info from that file. For example, Box 1 > *aaaaaaaajjjj* > hbbvjvj > jdnnfddllll > *dgdfhfekwjh* Box 2 > *aaaaaaa'aj'jjj* > dse hkjuejef bfdw > dyeee > dsewq > *dgdfhfekwjh* >feweiuei Box 3 > *aaaa"aaaaj"jjj* >... (25 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ernst
25 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

matching patterns inside a condition in awk

I have the following in an awk script. I want to do them on condition that: fext == "xt" FNR == NR { />/ && idx = ++i $2 || val = $1 next } FNR in idx { v = val] } { !/>/ && srdist = abs($1 - v) } />/ || NF == 2 && srdist < dsrmx {... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kristinu
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

[Solved] Touch 10% of the total files inside a folder

I'm trying to make this code below to work but I can't find the way to do the following: I want to make the script to touch only 10% of the total amount of files counted inside the given directory instead of all like it is now. I would greatly appreciate it if someone can give me a direction on... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: regraphix
9 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to fetch files right below based on some matching criteria?

I have a requirement where in i need to select records right below the search criteria qwertykeyboard white 10 20 30 30 40 50 60 70 80 qwertykeyboard black 40 50 60 70 90 100 qwertykeyboard and white are headers separated by a tab. when i execute my script..i would be searching... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: vinnu10
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Selective position file editing inside folder

I need to process 4 files having name pattern as followis:- 1) Each file starts with = ABCJmdmfbsjop letters + 7 Digit Number _mm-dd-yyyy-hh-mm-ss-3 Digit Number.data where ABCJmdmfbsjop :- is alphabet. Each file starts with this ABCJmdmfbsjop alphabet. 7 Digit Number :- Numeric 7 digits. __:-... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lancesunny
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to get all the files inside a folder then put the value in a variable?

Hi here is my code for i in `ls *.cmd` do msg aaa imp -U$AAAUSER -P$AAAUSERPWD <$i>>$curdir/import_tap.out -Jutf8 done I can only get all files with .cmd extension. what i need to get are all the files inside the specific folder Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmarzan
2 Replies
CURL_ESCAPE(3)								 1							    CURL_ESCAPE(3)

curl_escape - URL encodes the given string

SYNOPSIS
string curl_escape (resource $ch, string $str) DESCRIPTION
This function URL encodes the given string according to RFC 3986. PARAMETERS
o $ch -A cURL handle returned by curl_init(3). o $str - The string to be encoded. RETURN VALUES
Returns escaped string or FALSE on failure. EXAMPLES
Example #1 curl_escape(3) example <?php // Create a curl handle $ch = curl_init(); // Escape a string used as a GET parameter $location = curl_escape($ch, 'Hofbrauhaus / Munchen'); // Result: Hofbr%C3%A4uhaus%20%2F%20M%C3%BCnchen // Compose an URL with the escaped string $url = "http://example.com/add_location.php?location={$location}"; // Result: http://example.com/add_location.php?location=Hofbr%C3%A4uhaus%20%2F%20M%C3%BCnchen // Send HTTP request and close the handle curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_URL, $url); curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_RETURNTRANSFER, true); curl_exec($ch); curl_close($ch); ?> SEE ALSO
curl_unescape(3), urlencode(3), rawurlencode(3), RFC 3986. PHP Documentation Group CURL_ESCAPE(3)