Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Sql issue in shell scripting
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Sql issue in shell scripting Post 302742525 by Scott on Tuesday 11th of December 2012 07:31:11 AM
Old 12-11-2012
Those are columns, not records.

One option would be to put them into an array:
Code:
$ cat myScript
X=($(mysql -u user -p pass -D mydb --skip-column-names << !
$(echo "select 123, 456, 789 from dual");
!
))
echo ${X[0]}
echo ${X[1]}
echo ${X[2]}

$ ./myScript

Not all shells support arrays (especially sh if the sh in your first line (#!/bin/sh) really is an older Bourne shell), and it's not an ideal solution if the colums contain text with spaces.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sql with shell scripting

Hi, I want to extract data from database table to a flat file using shell scripting. For loading data from file to a table, I had used SQL Loader. How can I do the vice versa using shell scripting. Thanks in advance (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sendhil
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell scripting and SQL

Hi, I have a file that has contents like this: SQL> select * from details; NAME REG -------------------- ---------- Mani 1 Santosh 2 Manju 3 Mukesh 4 SQL> spool off; ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sendhilmani123
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

how towrite sql in shell scripting

hi iam new of scipiting.give me the some Material of regarding sql in scripting. and i have no backup's in 3 severs.how to write script in dirctory. please give me some usefull information cheers Naveen.g (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: naveeng.81
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sql & Shell scripting book

Hi, I am looking for some books that have examples of both Oracle SQL and Shell script being used together. For example, to insert 500 rows into a table using a script. I already have books that cover Shell scripting or SQL, but as separate subjects. I am looking for books that have both of... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: handle123
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

SQL commands in a shell scripting

Hi, I need to write a shell script file that does 1)Connects to DB using SQL plus 2)Do some SQL query like select * from.... 3)Based on the output that I got from the sql query I will have to write a if else loop. Plz let me know how to write the shell scripting for this. Thanks for... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: villain41
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Assigning value of SQL output to a variable in shell scripting

I am trying to assgn the output of the select statement to a variable, like this "VARIABLE_NAME=$ db2 "select COLUMN_NAME_1 from TABLE_NAME where COLUMN_NAME_2='VALUE_TO_CHECK'"; " but the value that is getting into VARIABLE_NAME is "COLUMN_NAME_1 ----------------- VALUE 1... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sgmini
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Scripting question with SQL

hey i have to connect to sql through shell script , then store the value of the query in a variable and then compare it after some time after running a process. i have used this code but it is not working. #!/bin/sh Val = (sqlplus -s rte/rted2@rel76d2 <<! SELECT MAX(STAT_ID) FROM CVT_STATS;... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ramsavi
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to compare to values returned from sql in shell scripting?

hey i am using this code to connect to sql , store the value in variable and then compare it with another variable after some time by executing the same query but the desired result is not coming #!/bin/bash val=$(sqlplus -s rte/rted2@rel76d2 <<ENDOFSQL set heading off set feedback off... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: ramsavi
11 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using shell scripting for making queries on postgres sql

I have a situation where I have a list of airplanes that make a series of flights. Therefore I am looking up the different flights that each airplane makes based on a postgres sql query: select flightid from plane where airplane='DELTAx' As a result I get a series of flight numbers... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: JSNY
0 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Generate sql statement using shell scripting

Can anyone please assist me? I have attached 2 input files and one output file. I need to generate the sql update statements using the above 2 input files. if inputfile2 has 5 rows, then we should generate 5 update statements because column1 is unique. inputfile1 and inputfile2 may contain more... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: vinus
10 Replies
Graphics::Primitive::Insets(3pm)			User Contributed Perl Documentation			  Graphics::Primitive::Insets(3pm)

NAME
Graphics::Primitive::Insets - Space between things DESCRIPTION
Graphics::Primitive::Insets represents the amount of space that surrounds something. This object can be used to represent either padding or margins (in the CSS sense, one being inside the bounding box, the other being outside) SYNOPSIS
use Graphics::Primitive::Insets; my $insets = Graphics::Primitive::Insets->new({ top => 5, bottom => 5, left => 5, right => 5 }); METHODS
Constructor new Creates a new Graphics::Primitive::Insets. Instance Methods as_array Return these insets as an array in the form of top, right, bottom and left. bottom Set/Get the inset from the bottom. equal_to Determine if these Insets are equal to another. left Set/Get the inset from the left. right Set/Get the inset from the right. top Set/Get the inset from the top. zero Sets all the insets (top, left, bottom, right) to 0. AUTHOR
Cory Watson, "<gphat@cpan.org>" SEE ALSO
perl(1) COPYRIGHT &; LICENSE Copyright 2008-2010 by Cory G Watson. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.12.3 2010-08-21 Graphics::Primitive::Insets(3pm)