Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting awk saving field of first file into array Post 302742361 by Scrutinizer on Tuesday 11th of December 2012 02:22:41 AM
Old 12-11-2012
Code:
awk '{A[$1]} $2~/\./ && sub(/\$/,x,$2){A[$1]+=($3=="paid"?$2:-$2)}  END{for(i in A)printf "%s balance: $%.2f\n",i,A[i]}' file1 file2

Last edited by Scrutinizer; 12-11-2012 at 03:51 AM.. Reason: did not leave out invalid input
This User Gave Thanks to Scrutinizer For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

saving awk value in a bash array variable

hi all i am trying to save an awk value into an array in bash: total=`awk '{sum+=$3} END {print sum}' "$count".txt"` ((count++)) the above statement is in a while loop.. $count is to keep track of file numbers (1.txt,2.txt,3.txt,etc.) i get the following error: ./lines1:... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: npatwardhan
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

saving values from awk expression into shell array

hi i am trying to save the values i extract from a file with the help of awk in a bash shell array. i have: exec 10<file2 while read LINE <&10; do ARRAY1=$(awk '{print $1}' file2) ((count++)) done echo ${ARRAY1} it prints just blank lines. file1 has two columns and i... (4 Replies)
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

saving values in file in an array in awk

hi i am trying to save values in a file in an array in awk..the file is as follows: 0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0, 0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0, 0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0, so far i have this: awk 'BEGIN {RS="\n";FS=","} { for(i=1;i<=NR;i++) { for(j=1;j<=NF;j++) { a=$j; } } (4 Replies)
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl, put one array into many array when field is equal to sth

Hi Everyone, #!/usr/bin/perl use strict; use warnings; my @test=("a;b;qqq;c;d","a;b;ggg;c;d","a;b;qqq;c;d"); would like to split the @test array into two array: @test1=(("a;b;qqq;c;d","a;b;qqq;c;d"); and @test2=("a;b;ggg;c;d"); means search for 3rd filed. Thanks find the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: jimmy_y
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Saving file content in arrays using AWK

Hi, im new to shell scripting. i have a query for which i have searched your forums but coulndt get what i need. i have a file that has two records of exactly the same length and format and they are comma seperated. i need to save the first and the second columns of the input file to 2 different... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: atikan
11 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk assign output of array to specific field-number

With this script i want to print the output to a specific field-number . Can anybody help? awk 'NR=FNR{split(FILENAME,fn,"_");nr=$2;f = $1} END{for (i=1;i<=f;i++) print i,$fn=nr}' input_5.csv input_6.csvinput_5.csv 4 135 5 185 6 85 11 30input_6.csv 1 90 3 58 4 135 7 60 8 55 10... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sdf
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to split file into multiple files using awk based on 1 field in the file?

Good day all I need some helps, say that I have data like below, each field separated by a tab DATE NAME ADDRESS 15/7/2012 LX a.b.c 15/7/2012 LX1 a.b.c 16/7/2012 AB a.b.c 16/7/2012 AB2 a.b.c 15/7/2012 LX2 a.b.c... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: alexyyw
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl - use search keywords from array and search a file and print 3rd field when matched

Hi , I have been trying to write a perl script to do this job. But i am not able to achieve the desired result. Below is my code. my $current_value=12345; my @users=("bob","ben","tom","harry"); open DBLIST,"<","/var/tmp/DBinfo"; my @input = <DBLIST>; foreach (@users) { my... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: chidori
11 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to print array that occurs the most with matching value in another field

In the below awk I am splitting $7 on the : and then counting each line or NM_xxxx. If the $1 value is the same for each line then print the $7 that occurs the most with the matching $1 value. The awk seems close but I am not sure what is going on. I included a description as well as to what I... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

awk Associative Array and/or Referring to Field by String (Nonconstant String Value)

I will start with an example of what I'm trying to do and then describe how I am approaching the issue. File PS028,005 Lexeme HRS # M # PhraseType 1(1:1) 7(7) PhraseLab 501 503 ClauseType ZYq0 PS028,005 Lexeme W # L> # BNH # M #... (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: jvoot
17 Replies
h5diff(1)						      General Commands Manual							 h5diff(1)

NAME
h5diff - Compares two HDF5 files and reports the differences. SYNOPSIS
h5diff file1 file2 [OPTIONS] [object1 [object2 ] ] DESCRIPTION
h5diff is a command line tool that compares two HDF5 files, file1 and file2, and reports the differences between them. Optionally, h5diff will compare two objects within these files. If only one object, object1, is specified, h5diff will compare object1 in file1 with object1 in file2. In two objects, object1 and object2, are specified, h5diff will compare object1 in file1 with object2 in file2. These objects must be HDF5 datasets. object1 and object2 must be expressed as absolute paths from the respective file's root group. Additional information, with several sample cases, can be found in the document H5diff Examples. OPTIONS
file1 file2 The HDF5 files to be compared. -h Print all differences. -r Print only the names of objects that differ; do not print the differences. These objects may be HDF5 datasets, groups, or named datatypes. -n count Print difference up to count differences, then stop. count must be a positive integer. -d delta Print only differences that are greater than the limit delta. delta must be a positive number. The comparison criterion is whether the absolute value of the difference of two corresponding values is greater than delta (e.g., |a-b| > delta, where a is a value in file1 and b is a value in file2). -p relative Print only differences that are greater than a relative error. relative must be a positive number. The comparison criterion is whether the absolute value of the difference 1 and the ratio of two corresponding values is greater than relative (e.g., |1-(b/a)| > relative where a is a value in file1 and b is a value in file2). object1 object2 Specific object(s) within the files to be compared. EXAMPLES
The following h5diff call compares the object /a/b in file1 with the object /a/c in file2: h5diff file1 file2 /a/b /a/c This h5diff call compares the object /a/b in file1 with the same object in file2: h5diff file1 file2 /a/b And this h5diff call compares all objects in both files: h5diff file1 file2 SEE ALSO
h5dump(1), h5ls(1), h5repart(1), h5import(1), gif2h5(1), h52gif(1), h5perf(1) h5diff(1)