Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Calculating cumulative frequency using awk Post 302742055 by ida1215 on Monday 10th of December 2012 12:47:40 PM
Old 12-10-2012
Hi balajesuri, thanks for your quick reply. yes, I need the evaluated cumulative frequency. There's a small glitch though, it doesn't print the first row and as such the last cumulative frequency value is a little off to 1.

And also quick question what does $. means? thanks again

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

AWK script: decrypt text uses frequency analysis

Ez all! I have a question how to decrypt text uses letter frequency analysis. I have code which count the letters, but what i need to do after that. Can anybody help me to write a code. VERY NEEDED! My code now: #!/usr/bin/awk -f BEGIN { FS="" } { for (i=1; i <= NF; i++) { if ($i... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: SerJel
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Calculating cumulative frequency

Hi, I have a file containing the frequency's of an element sorted in ascending order. The file looks something like this: #Element Frequency 1 1 2 1 3 1 4 1 5 1 6 ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sajal.bhatia
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

word frequency counter - awk solution?

Dear all, i need your help on this. There is a text file, i need to count word frequency for each word with frequency >40 in each line of file and output it into another file with columns like this: word1,word2,word3, ...wordn 0,0,1 1,2,0 3,2,0 etc -- each raw represents... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: irrevocabile
13 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with calculating frequency of specific word in a string

Input file: #read_1 AWEAWQQRZZZQWQQWZ #read_2 ZZAQWRQTWQQQWADSADZZZ #read_3 POGZZZZZZADWRR . . Desired output file: #read_1 3 #read_1 1 #read_2 2 #read_2 3 #read_3 6 . . (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: perl_beginner
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Calculating an integer with awk

I would like to extract a number from $0 and calculate if it can be devided by 25. Though the number can also be less then 25 or bigger than 100. How do i extract the number and how can the integer be calculated? String: "all_results">39</span>I am looking for the number between "all_results"> ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sdf
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Calculating frequency of values within bins

Hi, I am working with files containing 2 columns in which i need to come up with the frequency/count of values in col. 2 falling within specifics binned values of col. 1. the contents of a sample file is shown below: 15 12.5 15 11.2 16 0.2 16 1.4 17 1.6 18 4.5 17 5.6 12 8.6 11 7.2 9 ... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: ida1215
13 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

AWK way of calculating growth

Hi All, IS there any 'awk' way to manipulate following data? Fruit Date Count Apple 20/08/2011 5 Apple 27/08/2011 7 Apple 05/09/2011 11 Apple 12/09/2011 3 Apple 19/09/2011 25 . . . . Orange 20/08/2011 9 Orange 27/08/2011 20 Orange 27/08/2011 7 Orange 05/09/2011 15 Orange... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: aniketdixit
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Calculating the epoch time from standard time using awk and calculating the duration

Hi All, I have the following time stamp data in 2 columns Date TimeStamp(also with milliseconds) 05/23/2012 08:30:11.250 05/23/2012 08:30:15.500 05/23/2012 08:31.15.500 . . etc From this data I need the following output. 0.00( row1-row1 in seconds) 04.25( row2-row1 in... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ks_reddy
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Calculating average with awk

I need to find the average from a file like: data => BW:123 M:30 RTD:0 1 0 1 0 0 1 1 1 1 0 0 1 1 0' data => BW:123 N:30 RTD:0 1 0 1 0 0 1 1 1 1 0 0 1 1 0' data => BW:123 N:30 RTD:0 1 0 1 0 0 1 1 1 1 0 0 1 1 0' data => BW:123 N:30 RTD:0 1 0 1 0 0 1 1 1 1 0 0 1 1 0' data => BW:123 N:30 RTD:0 1... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Slagle
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk or Bash: Cumulative average

For the data I would like to parse down and for each parsing I want a cumulative averaging, stored in an array that can be output. I.e. 546/NR = 546 (546+344)/NR=(546+344)/2 = etc. For N record input I want N values of the average (a block averaging effectively) Any... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: chrisjorg
3 Replies
XSTAT_FS_TEST(1)					       AFS Command Reference						  XSTAT_FS_TEST(1)

NAME
xstat_fs_test - Displays data collections from the File Server process SYNOPSIS
xstat_fs_test [initcmd] -fsname <file server name(s) to monitor>+ -collID <collection(s) to fetch>+ [-onceonly] [-frequency <poll frequency, in seconds>] [-period <data collection time, in minutes>] [-debug] [-help] xstat_fs_test [initcmd] -fs <File Server name(s) to monitor>+ -c <Collection(s) to fetch>+ [-o] [-fr <poll frequency, in seconds>] [-p <data collection time, in minutes>] [-d] [-h] DESCRIPTION
The xstat_fs_test command tests the routines in the libxstat_fs.a library and displays the data collections associated with the File Server (the "fs" process). The command executes in the foreground. The command produces a large volume of output; to save it for later analysis, direct it to a file. OPTIONS
initcmd Accommodates the command's use of the AFS command parser, and is optional. -fsname <file server name to monitor>+ Specifies the fully qualified hostname of each file server machine for which to monitor the File Server process. -collID <collection to fetch>+ Specifies each data collection to return, which defines the type and amount of data the command interpreter gathers about the File Server. Data is returned in a predefined data structure. There are four acceptable values: 0 Provides profiling information about the numbers of times different internal File Server routines were called since the File Server started. This value is not currently implemented; it returns no data. 1 Reports various internal performance statistics related to the File Server (for example, vnode cache entries and Rx protocol activity). 2 Reports all of the internal performance statistics provided by the 1 setting, plus some additional, detailed performance figures about the File Server (for example, minimum, maximum, and cumulative statistics regarding File Server RPCs, how long they take to complete, and how many succeed). 3 Reports File Server callback processing statistics since the File Server started, including the number of call of callbacks added (AddCallBack), the number of callbacks broken (BreakCallBacks), and the number of callback space reclaims (GetSomeSpaces). -onceonly Gathers statistics just one time. Omit this flag to have the command continue to probe the Cache Manager for statistics at the frequency specified by the -frequency argument; in this case press Ctrl-C to stop the probes. -frequency <poll frequency> Sets the frequency in seconds at which the program initiates probes to the Cache Manager. The default is 30 seconds. -period <data collection time> Sets the number of minutes the program runs; at the end of this period of time, the program exits. The default is 10 minutes. -debug Displays a trace on the standard output stream as the command runs. -help Prints the online help for this command. All other valid options are ignored. SEE ALSO
xstat_cm_test(1) COPYRIGHT
IBM Corporation 2000. <http://www.ibm.com/> All Rights Reserved. This documentation is covered by the IBM Public License Version 1.0. It was converted from HTML to POD by software written by Chas Williams and Russ Allbery, based on work by Alf Wachsmann and Elizabeth Cassell. OpenAFS 2012-03-26 XSTAT_FS_TEST(1)