Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Script to subtract time stored in a variable Post 302741877 by rdcwayx on Monday 10th of December 2012 06:02:17 AM
Old 12-10-2012

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Subtract Time

Hello, Im writing a script using the ksh shell. I have 2 variables in the script: CURRTIME PREVTIME Example, if CURRTIME=13:00, I want to somehow calculate what the time was an hour ago so that PREVTIME=12:00 Right now I have the following: CURRTIME=`date +%H:%M` How can I... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: xadamz23
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert value stored in a variable to epoch time?

Hello I have a the creation date of a file stored in a variable in the following format: Wed May 06 10:14:58 2009Is there a way I can echo the variable and display it in epoch time? I've done a lot of searching on this topic, but haven't managed to get a solution. I'm on Solaris 10. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Glyn_Mo
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

subtract minutes from time

i have the time 20100421043335 in format (date +%Y%m%d%H%M%S),and i want to be able to get the previous time 2 minutes ago,which is 20100421043135 (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: tomjones
9 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Add/Subtract Time

need some help on the below requirement: File1: SV,22,20100501140000,JFK,RUH SV,29,20100501073000,BOM,RUH SV,29,20100501073000,SIN,RUH third filed is datetime which is of the format (yyyymmddhh24miss) File2 JFK,+,0500 BLR,-,0530 SIN,-,0800 for every line of file 1, take 4... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: ssantoshss
9 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to subtract time by 10 minutes in datecalc tool

Hi guys. I am trying to subtract 10 minutes from the current Unix system date and time. I have the datecalc provided here but it is mainly the date and not the time. Please check on how can i subtract 10 minutes from the current time using datecalc or any other shell scripting that will... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bantiloe
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find the script running time and subtract from sleeptime

HI Guys, I want to find out the script running time and subtract from sleeptime. My Script Below Give me error :- #!/usr/bin/ksh timeout=100 start=$SECONDS sleep 20 end=$SECONDS echo "Time: $((end - start)) " ScTime = $((end - start)) (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: asavaliya
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Subtract two rows (in Time format)

Hello all, I have written sth like this: #!/bin/bash grep -e XXX -e YYYY myfile.log | grep -v ZZZ | awk '{print $1 " " $2 ";" $3 ";" $9 ";" $11}' > myfile.csv sed -i '1iDate;Time;From;To' myfile.csv => it is clear that it converts log to csv and add a header. Now I want to subtract row... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: frhling
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Add or Subtract the hours,minutes or seconds in the the time variable

Hello All, I am working on script where I need to add hours,minutes or seconds in the time.Time is not the current but it could be future time.I thought I can store that time in variable and add hours.minutes or second but I am not able to add that in the time that is stores in a variable. Time... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: anuragpgtgerman
9 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Date command - subtract from given time

the given time is: 12:13:00 how do i subtract a 10 minutes from any given time? date '12:13:00' '-10 min' also tried this: date +12:13:00 '-10 min' (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Subtract time in two line

INPUT: 16:45:51 10051 77845 16:45:51 10051 77845 16:46:52 10051 77846 16:46:53 10051 77846 Match the last PID then subtract second line time with first line. Please help me with any command or script. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vivekn
3 Replies
SCRIPT(1)						    BSD General Commands Manual 						 SCRIPT(1)

NAME
script -- make typescript of terminal session SYNOPSIS
script [-a] [-f] [-q] [-t] [file] DESCRIPTION
Script makes a typescript of everything printed on your terminal. It is useful for students who need a hardcopy record of an interactive session as proof of an assignment, as the typescript file can be printed out later with lpr(1). If the argument file is given, script saves all dialogue in file. If no file name is given, the typescript is saved in the file typescript. Options: -a Append the output to file or typescript, retaining the prior contents. -f Flush output after each write. This is nice for telecooperation: One person does `mkfifo foo; script -f foo' and another can super- vise real-time what is being done using `cat foo'. -q Be quiet. -t Output timeing data to standard error. This data contains two fields, separated by a space. The first field indicates how much time elapsed since the previous output. The second field indicates how many characters were output this time. This information can be used to replay typescripts with realistic typing and output delays. The script ends when the forked shell exits (a control-D to exit the Bourne shell (sh(1)), and exit, logout or control-d (if ignoreeof is not set) for the C-shell, csh(1)). Certain interactive commands, such as vi(1), create garbage in the typescript file. Script works best with commands that do not manipulate the screen, the results are meant to emulate a hardcopy terminal. ENVIRONMENT
The following environment variable is utilized by script: SHELL If the variable SHELL exists, the shell forked by script will be that shell. If SHELL is not set, the Bourne shell is assumed. (Most shells set this variable automatically). SEE ALSO
csh(1) (for the history mechanism), replay(1). HISTORY
The script command appeared in 3.0BSD. BUGS
Script places everything in the log file, including linefeeds and backspaces. This is not what the naive user expects. Linux July 30, 2000 Linux