Sponsored Content
Special Forums UNIX and Linux Applications Infrastructure Monitoring Cut down notifications from Nagios Post 302741577 by jimbob01 on Sunday 9th of December 2012 06:48:21 AM
Old 12-09-2012
Jethro,

You could look at using and configuring the check_multi plugin for Nagios.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

trying to turn email notifications off

I'm trying to disable the email notifications; despite going into my control panel and selecting NO next to Use 'Email Notification' by default? I keep getting email notifications anyway! And I know I've never selected the checkbox next to Email Notification: emails sent to you whenever someone... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: oombera
2 Replies

2. Solaris

Solaris E-Mail Notifications ?!

Hi , I need to have a monitoring system also I wanna have E-Mail Notification .or SMS notification to be on touch with my System : ) ... Regards Adel (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ArabOracle.com
1 Replies

3. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

Servers, email notifications

Hi. On 09-05-2007 Neo posted that new servers were on their way. 1) It would be nice to hear of occasional progress. As far as I can tell, there has not been much of a change. The notice that is posted every now and then talks about a new server "this week". (In fact as I was previewing... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: drl
1 Replies

4. Infrastructure Monitoring

How to limit the amout of Nagios SMS notifications?

Hi all, I have Nagios 3.3.1 setup on Ubuntu Desktop 11.04. I monitor approx. 50 hosts (mixture of Windows Servers, Switches, Firewalls) by PING only. Down hosts are notified to me via email and SMS at the moment. What I would like to so is limit the amount of SMS... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Yoshi17
0 Replies

5. Infrastructure Monitoring

Nagios check dependent on second nagios server

We have a dual Nagios server setup. One is setup for internal server monitoring on our LAN, while the second Nagios server is hosted externally and is used for external checks only such as URL and ping checks form the WAN side. I was wondering if there is any way to setup cross dependencies... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: eugenes18t
1 Replies

6. Infrastructure Monitoring

Notifications not coming through

Issue: I'm not receiving notifications I can succesfully receive an e-mail if I do this on the command line: /usr/bin/mail -s "NAGIOS HOST ALERT on $HOSTNAME$" rgouette@butlerbros.com but, my command.cfg configuration below, refuses to send an e-mail when I set a service to a critical... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rgouette
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

No SMS notifications once ppp up

Hi all, I have an Siemens IoT2020 with a Sim7000e cellular board that I connect via USB to the board and connect to Telstra Cat-M1 network. I can send and receive SMS and do so using Node-Red but can also do with Minicom etc. When connected I get : root@iot2000:~# dmesg | grep USB ACPI:... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: antc
0 Replies

8. What is on Your Mind?

Disabling New Badge Notifications

Finally got around to this. Have added a UserCP option to disable "new badge" alerts in the user profile "options" area so anyone who finds the alerts annoying, feel free to disable them (since the are primary designed for new users): https://www.unix.com/members/1-albums215-picture1219.png ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
0 Replies
MUNIN-UPDATE(8) 						Munin Documentation						   MUNIN-UPDATE(8)

NAME
munin-update - A program to gather data from machines running munin-node SYNOPSIS
munin-update [options] Options: --config_file=<file> Use <file> as configuration file. --[no]debug Enable [or disable] debug messages. [--nodebug] --[no]fork Query hosts in parallell (--fork), or sequentially (--nofork). [--fork] --host <host> Limit graphed hosts to <host>. Multiple --host options may be supplied. --service <service> Limit graphed services to <service>. Multiple --service options may be supplied. --timeout=<seconds> TCP timeout when talking to clients. [$timeout] --help View this message. --version View version information. OPTIONS
--config_file=<file> Use <file> as the configuration file. [/etc/munin/munin.conf] --[no]debug If set, log debug messages. [--nodebug] --[no]fork If set, will fork off one process for each host. [--fork] --host <host> Limit fetched data to those from <host<gt>. Multiple --host options may be supplied. [unset] --service <service> Limit fetched data to those of <service>. Multiple --service options may be supplied. [unset] --timeout <seconds> Set the network timeout to <seconds>. [180] --help Print the help message then exit. --version Print version information then exit. DESCRIPTION
Munin-update is a part of the package Munin, which is used in combination with Munin's node. Munin is a group of programs to gather data from Munin's nodes, graph them, create html-pages, and optionally warn Nagios about any off-limit values. Munin-update does the gathering. It is usually only used from within munin-cron. It contacts each host's munin-node in turn, gathers data from it, and stores them in .rrd-files. If necessary, it will create the rrd-files and the directories to store them in. FILES
/etc/munin/munin.conf /var/lib/munin/* /var/log/munin/munin-update /var/run/munin/* BUGS
For a list of bugs concerning munin-update, see FI. ticket report" Please report bugs in the bug tracker at http://munin-monitoring.org/ <http://munin-monitoring.org/>. AUTHORS
The Munin Team. FIX COPYRIGHT
Copyright AX 2002-2009 Jimmy Olsen, Audun Ytterdal, Tore Andersson, Kjell-Magne A~Xierud, Linpro AS, Redpill Linpro AS This is free software; see the source for copying conditions. There is NO warranty; not even for MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. This program is released under the GNU General Public License. 2.0.6-4+deb7u2 2013-11-12 MUNIN-UPDATE(8)