Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers How to Transfer a LIST of FILES? Post 302741529 by RudiC on Sunday 9th of December 2012 04:33:44 AM
Old 12-09-2012
Can be done with e.g. ftp, scp, depending on what your local setup(s) looks like. Search these forums for applications of the e.g. scp command, and scripting for remote hosts.
BTW, the syntax would need to be
Code:
user@host:var/www/files/file1.txt
         ^--- here be colon

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How do i transfer files

Im trying to transfers a file from one unix server to another , make some changes and then send it back to the original server. All this using modems. I've been using "cu" and i can "get" the file but i can't "put" it. Besides I need to do this using a shell script. I can write a script to get... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: phsoft
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to transfer files

(0 Replies)
Discussion started by: spoonman
0 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to transfer files

please help me to transfer files from one server to another one i am having problem in it thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pankaj001np
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Transfer Of Files

How to transfer the files in windows server to the unix server by using the unix or ftp commands? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vinay123
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help needed to transfer list of files to FTP server, to different folders

Hello Unix Gurus, Help required from you. My requirement is something like this I want to create a concurrenct program in Oracle Applications using shell script to transfer files from Apps Server to destination FTP server. I have created custom program, where I will extract all the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: amazon
4 Replies

6. HP-UX

Transfer Files from Windows to HP-UX

I need to transfer files from Windows to Hp-UX box with out any software(Filezilla ...., Fsecure file transfer) Is it possible to transfer using command prompt ? (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: girija
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to transfer files

Hi, I am new to scripting, I need to write a script to transfer .TXT files from Server A (ftp) to Server B. Once the files in server B i need to transfer it to server C (sftp). (not transfer of files directly from server A to Server C ) Thanks! Regards Sendhil ---------- Post updated at... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sendhil.Kumaran
3 Replies

8. Linux

How to transfer files...

Hi guys, ok so, how do you go about networking between Windows and Linux so that I can transfer files between each other? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: billcrosby
5 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Not able to transfer files using between server A and B

Hi All, I have generated public and private pair to avoid to enter password manually while sending files through sftp. But still I am facing issues and every-time prompt asking enter password. Below are steps I fallowed to make ssh connection between two servers. 1. Generated public and... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: renukeswar
5 Replies
ypxfrd(8)						      System Manager's Manual							 ypxfrd(8)

NAME
ypxfrd - High speed NIS map transfer daemon SYNOPSIS
/usr/sbin/ypxfrd DESCRIPTION
The ypxfrd daemon is the transfer agent that handles map transfer requests from yppush on the master server and ypxfr on slave servers and clients. This program performs the actual transfer of the NIS maps to slave servers and clients. Typically, the maps are transferred to all slave servers and clients unless the transfer is restricted to those subnets or hosts by an entry or entries in the /etc/yp/securenets file. See ypserv(8) for information on this file. The ypxfrd daemon is activated at system startup time by an entry in the /sbin/init.d/nis file of an NIS master server machine. If the log file /var/cluster/members/{memb}/yp/ypxfrd.log exists, ypxfrd appends all its output to that file. You can use the log file to retain a record of what was attempted, and the results. See ypfiles(4) and ypserv(8) for an overview of NIS. RESTRICTIONS
The ypxfrd daemon transfers NIS maps stored as ndbm files only. It does not transfer maps stored as btree or hash files. FILES
The ypxrfd log file. Each cluster member has its own copy. SEE ALSO
Commands: yppush(8), ypserv(8), ypxfr(8) Files: ypfiles(4) ypxfrd(8)