Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming Incompatiblity of the code due to CC compiler version mismatch. Post 302741319 by Revathi R on Saturday 8th of December 2012 04:17:18 AM
Old 12-08-2012
Thank you DGPickett for The reply

Generated .so files of C++ code on Machine A, Machine B(configurations mentioned in Thread),when copied to Machine C have to start the application, when a command is issued on command line of Machine C.
but

1).so's generated on Machine A are able to start the application on Machine C
2).so's generated on Machine B are unable to start The application on Machine C

We have run the same code on Machine A and Machine B, With The same make files, but on Machine A we have used Make and on Machine B we have used gmake.

so DGPickett any compilation options for compiler on Machine B to generated the code works on Machine C.
What are all the other factors matters for .so's of Machine B not working fine on Machine C
I mean

1) Any run time utilities of OS
2)compiler versions or Libraries or Patches etc.

Any solution to the problem is helpful and appreciable. Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Revathi

Last edited by Revathi R; 12-08-2012 at 05:27 AM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

gcc compiler version?

How do you determine which version of the GNU gcc compiler is on your system? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Ben070371
1 Replies

2. Solaris

X Keyboard Extension version mismatch

I want to use calls from the X Keyboard Extension, but get "library version mismatch" error. First one is XkbLibraryVersion(..). This one already returns false. Then I call XkbOpenDisplay(...) which does not return a valid display; return value is XkbOD_NonXkbServer. If I open the display with... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: hiker04
0 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

What version is the compiler?

Hi ! we have a intel fortran compiler on our computer. How do i find out what version it is ? Thank you, dsmv. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dsmv
1 Replies

4. AIX

how to find out the compiler version and OS from binary file

Command to get the Compiler version(xlc/gcc) from the binary on AIX platform. I m searching for the Command, to get the Compiler(xlc/gcc) used to build the binary on AIX. I got two commands used on Linux Platform: - readelf -a <lib> | grep comment - hexdump -C -s 0x49e7b -n 1812 <lib> ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Prajakta
1 Replies

5. AIX

install two different compiler version

Hi all. I have a simple question. There's a way to install under AIX system (5.3) two different compiler version, i.e. ibm xlf fortran 11 and 12? Seems that smitty doesn't allows user to change the default installation path; it only allows you to save the replaced files of the superseded... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: poldo000
1 Replies

6. Solaris

java version mismatch for normal user and root user

:confused: I installed latest version of java ( jre 1.6) on Solaris Machine ......when I run java -version as root, shows the latest version but when I run java -version as normal user, shows the old / previous version What should I do to fix this ...should show the latest version... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: frintocf
3 Replies

7. Programming

Choose compiler version

Hi, I'm new, here, and I'm searching for a simple solution for a simple problem. I'm working on RedHat 4.4.6-4 through a CentOS Virtual Machine and due to some reasons I must compile my C++ codes with these two different g++ versions: 4.4.6 and 4.2.2. The fact is that I should be able to... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Marcuss
4 Replies

8. AIX

Checking xlc compiler version

Hi, Below is output of lslpp command. bash-3.00# lslpp -L | grep xlC xlC.aix50.rte 11.1.0.1 C F XL C/C++ Runtime for AIX 5.3 xlC.cpp 9.0.0.0 C F C for AIX Preprocessor xlC.msg.en_US.cpp 9.0.0.0 C F C for AIX... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: manoj.solaris
2 Replies

9. Linux

Linking issue due to so version number

Hi all, currently I'm facing a issue in linking a .so file. In my build machine, I've libcrypto.so.6 and there is a softlink as libcrypto.so. In my make file I'm trying to link to the lib using -L -lcrypto and it is success and created my test.exe. When I copy this test.exe to other... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: vijkrr
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need fix for rsync Error due to version mismatch

rsync --delay-updates -F --compress --archive --rsh='/usr/bin/ssh -t -a -x' /web/admin/Transfer/data/ user1@destserver1:/tmp/testf rsync version on sender server is:3.0.9 rsync version on sender server is:3.0.6 Linux sourceserver1 3.10.0-693.17.1.el7.x86_64 #1 SMP Sun Jan 14 10:36:03 EST... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
1 Replies
install-solaris(1M)                                                                                                            install-solaris(1M)

NAME
install-solaris - install the Solaris operating system SYNOPSIS
install-solaris install-solaris invokes the Solaris Install program. Depending on graphical capability and available memory at the time of invocation, install-solaris invokes either a text-based installer or a graphical installer. The following minimum requirements for physical memory dictate which features are available during installation: For SPARC machines: 128 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 128 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 384 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation For x86 machines: 256 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 256 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 512 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation In some cases, even if the minimum physical memory is present, available virtual memory after system startup can limit the number of fea- tures available. install-solaris exists only on the Solaris installation media (CD or DVD) and should be invoked only from there. Refer to the for more details. install-solaris allows installation of the operating system onto any standalone system. install-solaris loads the software available on the installation media. Refer to the for disk space requirements. Refer to the for more information on the various menus and selections. See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcdrom (Solaris instal- | | |lation media) | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ pkginfo(1), install(1M), pkgadd(1M), attributes(5) It is advisable to exit install-solaris by means of the exit options in the install-solaris menus. 23 Sep 2005 install-solaris(1M)