Sponsored Content
Operating Systems HP-UX Spawn more than 8 threads OpenMP & HPUX Post 302741229 by DGPickett on Friday 7th of December 2012 04:03:14 PM
Old 12-07-2012
Not that into OpenMP, but still, not sure where you see one thread. I found this interesting: c++ - OpenMP threads executing on the same cpu core - Stack Overflow

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. HP-UX

HPUX printers & plotters disable on a daily basis

HI all, I've been having issues with printers and plotters disabling with no reason at all...It could happen to the same workstation once a day or once a week..There is nothing consistant..I stop and restart the spooler, only then can I re-enable the disabled printer.... If anyone is... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Shutdown
0 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

UNIX 386 & HPUX

We have a C program which does the encryption and decryption. It is running fine in UNIX 386. But the same C program is giving different results in HP UX server. We found that the Ascii codes (output) are different. I don;t know why it is giving different results. How can we get the same output... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rajeshsu
4 Replies

3. HP-UX

HPUX & Top Command

Hello, I'm a newbie to HPUX so please be patient :) I'm looking at top and it only shows 3 of the 8 cpu's: 0 4 and 5. But the box has 8 cpu's according to the 'machinfo' command. There are 4 processes using 10% "%CPU" each but it shows the box as 90% idle...??? Also, I don't see any... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: mj62mj62
16 Replies

4. Programming

locking mutexes, threads & semahores

What is the difference between mutex_lock and pthread_mutex_lock ? Should I use both when using binary semaphores. Also, what is the difference between using a binary semaphore and a counting semaphore where you wait on the condition variable ? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: joey
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Native & Green Threads

Hi, While compiling an application on Solaris 10, I observe the following printout. The same compilation passed some time ago(but perhaps the compilers were different then! We are maintaining this product and lost track of previous changes). ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: smanu
1 Replies

6. Solaris

Which company's hardware is more stable, in case of IBM (AIX), HP (HPUX) & Sun (Solaris)

Hi guru I want to know which company's hardware is more stable means in term of H/W faults or replacement, in case of IBM (AIX), HP (HPUX) & SUN MICROSYSTEM (Solaris) & which order also, if we go through more stable to less stable system. Regards (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: girish.batra
1 Replies

7. Programming

Undefined reference to omp_get_thread_num using OpenMP?

I am using a large code-base that compiled successfully before using make with a makefile and cmake. However, now that I'm trying to use openmp with it, I'm now getting the errors undefined reference to `omp_get_thread_num' undefined reference to `omp_get_num_threads'I don't think this... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: larry burns
0 Replies
yade(1) 						      General Commands Manual							   yade(1)

NAME
yade - open-source platform for dynamic computations SYNOPSIS
yade [options] [ simulation.xml[.bz2] | script.py [script options]] DESCRIPTION
yade Extensible open-source framework for discrete numerical models, focused on Discrete Element Method. The computation parts are written in c++ using flexible object model, allowing independent implementation of new alogrithms and interfaces. Python is used for rapid and con- cise scene construction, simulation control, postprocessing and debugging. See http://www.yade-dem.org/ for documentation and http://www.launchpad.net/yade for the project itself. This is version with features cgal,gts,opengl,openmp,qt4,vtk. OPTIONS
--version show program's version number and exit --help, -h show this help message and exit --threads=THREADS, -j THREADS Number of OpenMP threads to run; defaults to 1. Equivalent to setting OMP_NUM_THREADS environment variable. --cores=CORES Set number of OpenMP threads (as --threads) and in addition set affinity of threads to the cores given. --update Update deprecated class names in given script(s) using text search & replace. Changed files will be backed up with ~ suffix. Exit when done without running any simulation. --nice=NICE Increase nice level (i.e. decrease priority) by given number. -x Exit when the script finishes -n Run without graphical interface (equivalent to unsetting the DISPLAY environment variable) --generate-manpage=FILE Generate man page documenting this program and exit --rebuild Re-run build in the source directory, then run the updated yade with the same command line except --rebuild. The build profile for this build (deb) and its stored parameters will be used. --test Run regression test suite and exit; the exists status is 0 if all tests pass, 1 if a test fails and 2 for an unspecified exception. --debug Run the debug build, if available. --checks Run a series of user-defined check tests as described in /tmp/buildd/yade-0.80.1/scripts/checks-and-tests/checks/README --performance Starts a test to measure the productivity --no-gdb Do not show backtrace when yade crashes (only effective with --debug). SEE ALSO
yade-batch (1) COPYRIGHT
(C) 2003--2012 Yade Developers Team This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation; either version 2 of the License, or (at your option) any later version. This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MER- CHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License for more details. You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License along with this program; if not, write to the Free Software Foundation, Inc., 59 Temple Place, Suite 330, Boston, MA 02111-1307 USA. BUGS
Please report bugs to the project's bug tracker at http://bugs.launchpad.net/yade AUTHOR
Yade Developers Team (http://www.launchpad.net/~yade-dev) yade 2012-7-4 yade(1)