Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Choose compiler version
Top Forums Programming Choose compiler version Post 302741021 by Corona688 on Friday 7th of December 2012 10:30:29 AM
Old 12-07-2012
How are you compiling? make ? If you don't override the variables in the makefile itself, you can do:

Code:
CC="/usr/bin/gcc-4.1.2" CXX="/usr/bin/g++-4.1.2" make

If they're things that generate makefiles from ./configure, you have to do
Code:
CC="/usr/bin/gcc-4.1.2" CXX="/usr/bin/g++-4.1.2" ./configure

This User Gave Thanks to Corona688 For This Post:

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

gcc compiler version?

How do you determine which version of the GNU gcc compiler is on your system? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Ben070371
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

What version is the compiler?

Hi ! we have a intel fortran compiler on our computer. How do i find out what version it is ? Thank you, dsmv. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dsmv
1 Replies

3. Programming

How Can a Machine Reads a Compiler Since A Compiler is Written in Text! Not Binaries?

To make a programming language you need a compiler, so what was the first programming language and how was is created if you need the compiler first? The compiler itself is considered as a high language comparing to the machine! since the compiler is not created in 1's and 0's... Eventhough i... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: f.ben.isaac
12 Replies

4. HP-UX

how can I install aC++ Compiler bundle Evaluation version

according those steps 1. Copy your 26 digit hexadecimal license key in a plain text (ASCII) file. 2. Save the file as aCC.cwd in the following location: /opt/aCC/newconfig/aCC.cwd 3. export the variable ST_CODEWORD to point to the file where the license key is stored. ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: alert0919
0 Replies

5. AIX

how to find out the compiler version and OS from binary file

Command to get the Compiler version(xlc/gcc) from the binary on AIX platform. I m searching for the Command, to get the Compiler(xlc/gcc) used to build the binary on AIX. I got two commands used on Linux Platform: - readelf -a <lib> | grep comment - hexdump -C -s 0x49e7b -n 1812 <lib> ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Prajakta
1 Replies

6. AIX

install two different compiler version

Hi all. I have a simple question. There's a way to install under AIX system (5.3) two different compiler version, i.e. ibm xlf fortran 11 and 12? Seems that smitty doesn't allows user to change the default installation path; it only allows you to save the replaced files of the superseded... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: poldo000
1 Replies

7. Web Development

Which version of tomcat should i choose?

hello every body, i want to install tomcat but i want the latest stable version. I found the 7 version is latest but i found alot of minor versions from 7.0.6 to 7.0.32 and i don't know which one should i install. i have oracle 11 and want tomcat to communicate with it i will install tomcat... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: maxim42
4 Replies

8. Programming

Incompatiblity of the code due to CC compiler version mismatch.

Incompatiblity of the code due to CC compiler version mismatch. I have a machine with Machine A-- Operating System:SunOs 5.8 Generic_117350-45 sun4u sparc SUNW,Ultra-80(solaris 5.8) CC Compiler:CC: WorkShop Compilers 4.2 16 Jun 1998 C++ 4.2 patch 104631-07 we have compiled C++... (36 Replies)
Discussion started by: Revathi R
36 Replies

9. AIX

Checking xlc compiler version

Hi, Below is output of lslpp command. bash-3.00# lslpp -L | grep xlC xlC.aix50.rte 11.1.0.1 C F XL C/C++ Runtime for AIX 5.3 xlC.cpp 9.0.0.0 C F C for AIX Preprocessor xlC.msg.en_US.cpp 9.0.0.0 C F C for AIX... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: manoj.solaris
2 Replies
getusershell(3C)					   Standard C Library Functions 					  getusershell(3C)

NAME
getusershell, setusershell, endusershell - get legal user shells SYNOPSIS
#include <unistd.h> char *getusershell(void); void setusershell(void); void endusershell(void); DESCRIPTION
The getusershell() function returns a pointer to a legal user shell as defined by the system manager in the file /etc/shells. If /etc/shells does not exist, the following locations of the standard system shells are used in its place: /bin/bash /bin/csh /bin/jsh /bin/ksh /bin/pfcsh /bin/pfksh /bin/pfsh /bin/sh /bin/tcsh /bin/zsh /sbin/jsh /sbin/pfsh /sbin/sh /usr/bin/bash /usr/bin/csh /usr/bin/jsh /usr/bin/ksh /usr/bin/pfcsh /usr/bin/pfksh /usr/bin/pfsh /usr/bin/sh /usr/bin/tcsh /usr/bin/zsh /usr/xpg4/bin/sh The getusershell() function opens the file /etc/shells, if it exists, and returns the next entry in the list of shells. The setusershell() function rewinds the file or the list. The endusershell() function closes the file, frees any memory used by getusershell() and setusershell(), and rewinds the file /etc/shells. RETURN VALUES
The getusershell() function returns a null pointer on EOF. BUGS
All information is contained in memory that may be freed with a call to endusershell(), so it must be copied if it is to be saved. SunOS 5.10 30 Aug 2004 getusershell(3C)