Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Help to explaining a command in run dot tcl Post 302740819 by mar85 on Thursday 6th of December 2012 09:57:58 PM
Old 12-06-2012
What about the --> set ARGS =(\!*)
what is that for?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

run tcl (please help!)

:confused: Hi !! I'm in a new system, trying to run some old scripts tcl I have. Tcl is installed (see below), and the OS is linux (see below env). All my scripts tcl begin with: #!/bin/sh # the next line restarts using tclsh \ exec tclsh "$0" "$@" 1 But they don't want to run... ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cordobapablo
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

command to list dot files

hey. i am a bit new to unix and i am trying to figure out how to list the names of the 'dot' files that are in my account. what command does this? thank you very much for your help. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jakeman1086
4 Replies

3. Linux

The dot command-line utility?

Hi, What else is the dot used beside relative filepaths in bash? Is it a shell utility as well? No man entry for dot (.)... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: varelg
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

I'm unable to run Keyed List commands(in ubuntu's terminal and Evolane Tcl Engine)

I'm trying to run these commands (keylset,keylget) but i keep getting a error message "invalid command name "keylset"". I've tried running it on both ubuntu's terminal and also Evolane Tcl Engine. Any idea what could be the problem? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: abe171
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to call dot c file using system command

Hi every one, i have to dot pc files. One have main function but one dont have.I have to call dot pc file using system () cmd.File is being call have main function.Please let me know how i can call .pc file with two arguments from other dot pc file.I want some thing like sprintf(buf,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: goraya430
1 Replies

6. Programming

how to call dot c file using system command

Hi every one, i have to dot pc files. One have main function but one dont have.I have to call dot pc file using system () cmd.File is being call have main function.Please let me know how i can call .pc file with two arguments from other dot pc file.I want some thing like sprintf(buf, "ss_xxx.pc... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: goraya430
4 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Tcl script wont run in bash shell

Hello I'm having a problem running a TCL script in my new OpenSolaris OS. When I go to the directory containing my script called 'Install' (using the gnome terminal), it doesn't seem to be able to find it even though it lists it i.e. if I type "Inst" and hit tab to complete the word, it... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: sbsbg
11 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Dot and redirected output syntax in a tar command

Hi All, Please could anyone advise what the purpose of the dot syntax in the following command means: tar -cvf ${WORKING_BACKUP_ROOT}/${TAR_ARCHIVE_FILE} . >/${BACKUP_ROOT}/${ARCHIVE_LOG} Many thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: daveu7
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to remove a variable starting with dot using sed command

Hi, I want to remove a variable starting with dot(.) in a file using sed command. aaa sss .abc s/^\.abc/d I tried this but it didnt worked. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: vdhingra123
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script for telnet and run one command kill it and run another command using while loop

( sleep 3 echo ${LOGIN} sleep 2 echo ${PSWD} sleep 2 while read line do echo "$line" PID=$? sleep 2 kill -9 $PID done < temp sleep 5 echo "exit" ) | telnet ${HOST} while is executing only command and exits. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sooda
5 Replies
platform::shell(3tcl)					       Tcl Bundled Packages					     platform::shell(3tcl)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
platform::shell - System identification support code and utilities SYNOPSIS
package require platform::shell ?1.1.4? platform::shell::generic shell platform::shell::identify shell platform::shell::platform shell _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
The platform::shell package provides several utility commands useful for the identification of the architecture of a specific Tcl shell. This package allows the identification of the architecture of a specific Tcl shell different from the shell running the package. The only requirement is that the other shell (identified by its path), is actually executable on the current machine. While for most platform this means that the architecture of the interrogated shell is identical to the architecture of the running shell this is not generally true. A counter example are all platforms which have 32 and 64 bit variants and where a 64bit system is able to run 32bit code. For these running and interrogated shell may have different 32/64 bit settings and thus different identifiers. For applications like a code repository it is important to identify the architecture of the shell which will actually run the installed packages, versus the architecture of the shell running the repository software. COMMANDS
platform::shell::identify shell This command does the same identification as platform::identify, for the specified Tcl shell, in contrast to the running shell. platform::shell::generic shell This command does the same identification as platform::generic, for the specified Tcl shell, in contrast to the running shell. platform::shell::platform shell This command returns the contents of tcl_platform(platform) for the specified Tcl shell. KEYWORDS
operating system, cpu architecture, platform, architecture platform::shell 1.1.4 platform::shell(3tcl)