Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Printing pdf problem using pasta.cfg Post 302740745 by DGPickett on Thursday 6th of December 2012 05:08:09 PM
Old 12-06-2012
-dORIENT1=true/false somewhere in there How to use Ghostscript

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

printing PDF files

Hi all: I'm trying to resolve a print issue in HPUX. Background: An ascii report file was being produced by a program. It was being sent to the printer via internal commands, to wit: let #send_status = 0 let $send_cmd = 'lp -d lp03 /ps/tmp/edsprint/eds*.N.LIS' call... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: abNORMal
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

printing in postscript or convert from pdf?

hi - go easy on me, i'm new to UNIX... i need to resample huge pdf files and make them smaller. distiller won't resize existing pdf files. i thought i could print the pdf to a postscript file and then resample that. would that work? if so, how? is this the best way forward or should... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jono2000
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

What's the problem with the pdf file??

Sometimes,I open a pdf file with ghostview and it works well. But when I open the file below, the error message comes out: /****message begin****/ bash-2.03$ bash-2.03$ ghostview TexBook_chinese_ver.pdf information提示框 Error: /typecheckAFPL Ghostscript 8.14: Unrecoverable error, exit code 1... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: new_hand
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

PDF Printing....

:confused: We have a Sco Open Unix 5.0.5 Server that I am trying to configure to allow for PDF creation. Currently the server is just using lpr to print to laser printers located throughout the facility. The goal is to be able to also print to pdf documents. There is no option for... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pabloescobar
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Printing to PDF - Advanced usage

Hello, Just a rather long query regarding printing to PDF. I have installed the Cups-PDF printing system which enables me to send a normal text file and create a PDF of it. I then use the pdftk to merge that file with a template. My question is, that I have a database system that will need... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: stuaz
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

wget pdf downloading problem

Hi. I am trying to make a mirror of this free online journal: http://www.informaworld.com/smpp/title~content=t716100758~db=all Under the individual issues, the link location for the "Full Text PDF" does not have ".pdf" as an extension -- so when I use wget it misses the file. However clicking... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: obo1234
5 Replies

7. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Linux to Windows Printing: PDF starts printing from middle of page.

We are using Red Hat. We have a issue like this: We want to print from Linux, to a printer attached to a Windows machine. What we want to print is a PDF. It prints, but the printing starts from the middle of the page. In the report, there is no space at the top but still printing starts from the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: rohan69
5 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

problem creating pxelinux.cfg default file

Hi All, I was trying to create pxelinux.cfg/default file in a script that I use for creating backup of bootimage. cat 2>${BACKUB_BOOTIMAGE_ERRINFO} >${pxelinux_cfg_file} <<EOF prompt 1 timeout 0 display boot.msg label restore kernel kernel append root=/dev/nfs... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pkumar Sachin
0 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Solved] Pdf Printing in Solaris

HI All I need help related to Pdf printing in Solaris.as I print pdf file in solaris it print garbage.how can I print pdf correctly. need help asap. Regards (21 Replies)
Discussion started by: smazshah
21 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem in refreshing a text editor (gedit) for scanned pdf

Dear Friends, I am using Ubuntu 15.10, 34 bit system. I added a Nautilus-Actions script in shell script to convert PDF files to text. There are 2 types of PDF 1. Scanned PDF -- Not OCR type -- When I convert it to text it work , but as the part it must (text file) open in gedit . But I can see... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: anespa
2 Replies
URI::URL(3)						User Contributed Perl Documentation					       URI::URL(3)

NAME
URI::URL - Uniform Resource Locators SYNOPSIS
$u1 = URI::URL->new($str, $base); $u2 = $u1->abs; DESCRIPTION
This module is provided for backwards compatibility with modules that depend on the interface provided by the "URI::URL" class that used to be distributed with the libwww-perl library. The following differences exist compared to the "URI" class interface: o The URI::URL module exports the url() function as an alternate constructor interface. o The constructor takes an optional $base argument. The "URI::URL" class is a subclass of "URI::WithBase". o The URI::URL->newlocal class method is the same as URI::file->new_abs. o URI::URL::strict(1) o $url->print_on method o $url->crack method o $url->full_path: same as ($uri->abs_path || "/") o $url->netloc: same as $uri->authority o $url->epath, $url->equery: same as $uri->path, $uri->query o $url->path and $url->query pass unescaped strings. o $url->path_components: same as $uri->path_segments (if you don't consider path segment parameters) o $url->params and $url->eparams methods o $url->base method. See URI::WithBase. o $url->abs and $url->rel have an optional $base argument. See URI::WithBase. o $url->frag: same as $uri->fragment o $url->keywords: same as $uri->query_keywords o $url->localpath and friends map to $uri->file. o $url->address and $url->encoded822addr: same as $uri->to for mailto URI o $url->groupart method for news URI o $url->article: same as $uri->message SEE ALSO
URI, URI::WithBase COPYRIGHT
Copyright 1998-2000 Gisle Aas. perl v5.12.1 2008-04-04 URI::URL(3)