Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Installing a bin file by taking input from a properties file Post 302740667 by Yoda on Thursday 6th of December 2012 02:35:59 PM
Old 12-06-2012
Yes, the syntax is correct. It should run with that installer properties file.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

/bin/sh: /usr/bin/vi: No such file or directory when doing crontab

I just set up an ftp server with Red Hat 5.2. I am doing the work, I'm baby stepping, but it seems like every step I get stuck. Currently, I'm trying to set up a crontab job, but I'm getting the following message: /bin/sh: /usr/bin/vi: No such file or directory. I see that vi exists in /bin/vi,... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kwalter
3 Replies

2. HP-UX

Depot file properties

Hi How can we identify the informations like Author, meta data, dependency and other information from a depot file? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sethumadhavan
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

File properties

Hi , I do have a line in my code as follows: if ] ; then ... else ... fi What does the -z does ? Similarly there is -s in some other part of the code. I guess there are many options like this.. Can anybody please tell what all options are available and what do they mean ? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: risshanth
2 Replies

4. Linux

proble in running .properties file

# Timer for thread to sleep thread.sleep =15000 # To run the thread as daemon process thread.run = true # Copy command thread.cmd = C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.5.0\bin\java CopyFile This is .properties file. CopyFile is name of program. is that ok. if i use cp command inplace of... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sari
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem taking input from file with for loop

I am trying to take input from a file and direct it into a bash script. This script is meant to be a foreach loop. I would like the script to process each item in the list one by one and direct the output to a file. # cat 1loop #!/bin/bash # this 2>&1 to redirect STDERR & STDOUT to file... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: bash_in_my_head
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

reading in properties file

Hi Am new to this scripting stuff so bear with me. I got a script made now that reads in a properties file. The properties file is in the following format: 256= Bos, Sea, FRa 128= HEL I want to be able to read in each line of the file and split out the letter fields by the numbered field. This... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vsekvsek
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Script to execute Oracle query taking input from a file to form query

Hi, I need to query Oracle database for 100 users. I have these 100 users in a file. I need a shell script which would read this User file (one user at a time) & query database. For instance: USER CITY --------- ---------- A CITY_A B CITY_B C ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: DevendraG
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to ftp multiple files by taking the file name from a input file.

Hi, I'm working on a script which has to copy multiple files from one server to another server. The list of files that are to be copied is present in a file say input.txt. vi input.txt abc.c welcome.c new.c welcome1.c for ftp'ing a single file say 'new.c' the following code... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: i.srini89
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Taking word count from file and printing in file

hi, i am having a file which contains the below content, i need to take the word count of if and print the file name also inputfile.txt file_name1.txt,type_name1.txt file_name2.txt,type_name2.txt i would need the word count of the files like this if file_name*.txt then wc -l... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: rohit_shinez
10 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search pattern in a file taking input from another file

Hi, Below is my requirement File1: svasjsdhvassdvasdhhgvasddhvasdhasdjhvasdjsahvasdjvdasjdvvsadjhv vdjvsdjasvdasdjbasdjbasdjhasbdasjhdbjheasbdasjdsajhbjasbjasbhddjb svfsdhgvfdshgvfsdhfvsdadhfvsajhvasjdhvsajhdvsadjvhasjhdvjhsadjahs File2: sdh hgv I need a command such that... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: imrandec85
8 Replies
gnome-appearance-properties(1)					   User Commands				    gnome-appearance-properties(1)

NAME
gnome-appearance-properties - configure GNOME desktop appearance SYNOPSIS
gnome-appearance-properties [--install-theme=file] [--show-page=page] [gnome-std-options] DESCRIPTION
The GNOME appearance preference tool enables you to select how your GNOME desktop is themed. The theme controls the appearance of GNOME- compliant application interface items. For example, the theme affects the appearance of buttons, scrollbar, check boxes, and so on. This preference tool can also be used to configure the background image, fonts used by the desktop, and the visual appearance of the GNOME panel. OPTIONS
The following options are supported: -i, --install-theme=file Installs the specified theme file. -p, --show-page=page Specify the page, or tab, to display. The value can be: theme, background, fonts, or interface. gnome-std-options Standard options available for use with most GNOME applications. See gnome-std-options(5) for more infor- mation. EXAMPLES
Example 1: Launching the gnome-appearance-properties tool example% gnome-appearance-properties EXIT STATUS
The following exit values are returned: 0 Application exited successfully >0 Application exited with failure FILES
The following files are used by this application: /usr/bin/gnome-appearance-properties Executable for gnome-appearance-properties ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWgnome-desktop-prefs | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface stability |Volatile | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
Preference Tools Manual Latest version of the GNOME Desktop User Guide for your platform. gnome-control-center(1), attributes(5) gnome-std-options(5) NOTES
Written by Glynn Foster, updated by Brian Cameron, Sun Microsystems Inc., 2003, 2007. SunOS 5.11 09 Nov 2007 gnome-appearance-properties(1)