Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Find and replace variables using a csv table Post 302740639 by rdrtx1 on Thursday 6th of December 2012 01:21:45 PM
Old 12-06-2012
try:
Code:
awk '{for (i=2; i<=NF; i++) print "VAR_"$1"_"i-1"="$i}' FS=" *, *" infile

pipe to sh, use back quotes, or wrap in $(...) to set variables.
This User Gave Thanks to rdrtx1 For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

HTML table to CSV

Hi !! I have HTML Tables through which i want to generate graphs, but for creating graphs i need the file in CSV format so can anyone can please help me in how can i convert my HTML table file to CSV format. Thanks in Advance (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: i_priyank
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How do I read/find/replace fields in a csv datafile?

hello. I'm somewhat a novice here so please be patient. My stumbling block when loading csvs into ORACLE tables is this: I need to read a csv datafile, check several fields in each line, and if any of stated fields contain A ZERO only then replace it with a null/blank character. I had a... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: MrCarter
9 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

csv to table one-liner

I've googled a lot on this, but could not fine a simple one-liner to do this. I have a .csv file that looks like this: Header one Header two Header three col1,col2,col3 short data, very long data, dataIf I use sed and change the comma to tab, being the colums of variable length I don't get a... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ahsog
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

find & replace comma in a .csv file.

HI, Please find the text below. I receive a .csv file on server. I need the comma(,) in the second column to be replaced by a semi-colon( ; ). How to do it. Please help. Sample text: "1","lastname1,firstname1","xxxxxx","19/10/2009","23/10/2009","0","N","Leave"... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: libin4u2000
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Converting .xls into .csv and find & Replace

Hi All, Please give me the solution to the following ASAP. 1) Converting the .xls into .csv Script i tried, mv hello.xls hello.csv The above given script converting the .xls file into .csv successfully. But after i run the below unix command I am no able to open the .csv file, its giving... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: velava
4 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Storing data from a table into a csv file

Hi I need to write a bash script to take the data stored in 3 oracle tables .. and filter them and store the results in a csv file. It is an Oracle database Thank you (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ladyAnne
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert file in csv or table

Hi there, i have a file like that in attachment (PLEVA3_280711_SAP.txt), i would extract some basic information from it and report in a new file or table like this: i try to use bash and i extract the single object in this way (see attach scriptino.sh), but i receive a strange... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: alen192
5 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Find & Replace identifiers using a conversion table

Hi ! I have input.tab with one column containing Item IDs under a number format (the second column is the Location of this item): Location Item ID rack1 12; 35; 43 rack35 23; 894; 5478; 98 etc... (The number of Items per row is variable. Item IDs in a same field are... (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: lucasvs
17 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Update the table using values from a csv file

i want to run update query for oracle which is in up.sql taking values from a.csv. I have implemented shell script to do it. extn="perl" ls -1 | while read file do echo "$file,$extn" > a.csv done up.sql contains update file_list set filename=$1 where extn=$2; The code to update is... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: millan
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Generate files and use csv data to replace multiple variables in a template

I have a source csv file consists of first field as variable name, and the rest are site-specific information (converted from excel file, where site -specific values in columns). I am trying to create a file for every site using a template and replace the multiple variables with values from the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: apalex
3 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangFam(3)				User Contributed Perl Documentation				 Locale::Codes::LangFam(3)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangFam - standard codes for language extension identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangFam; $lext = code2langfam('apa'); # $lext gets 'Apache languages' $code = langfam2code('Apache languages'); # $code gets 'apa' @codes = all_langfam_codes(); @names = all_langfam_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangFam" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language families, such as those as defined in ISO 639-5. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default ISO 639-5 language family codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language families. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lext = code2langfam('apa','alpha'); $lext = code2langfam('apa',LOCALE_LANGFAM_ALPHA); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of three-letter (lowercase) codes from ISO 639-5 such as 'apa' for Apache languages. This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langfam ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langfam2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langfam_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langfam_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langfam_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::rename_langfam ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::rename_langfam_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.loc.gov/standards/iso639-5/id.php ISO 639-5 . AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2013 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.16.3 2013-02-27 Locale::Codes::LangFam(3)