Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Doing a loop to change a value in a file Post 302740623 by Yoda on Thursday 6th of December 2012 12:19:27 PM
Old 12-06-2012
How about:-
Code:
printf "%s\n" t*.dat | sort | while read file
do
   plot '"$file"' using 1:2
done

This User Gave Thanks to Yoda For This Post:

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

'while' loop does not change local variables?!

(I think this question desearves separate thread..) I have a problem with 'while' I am trying to set variables by 'while' and it is fine inside, but after completting the loop all changes are lost: > bb="kkkk - 111\nlllll - 22222\nbbbb - 4444" > echo "$bb" kkkk - 111 lllll - 22222 bbbb -... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: alex_5161
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

loop through file to change some data

Hi, I have a file with the following data -0.00000 0.00000 0.00000 F F F 0.00000 0.00000 0.80000 F F F 0.50000 0.50000 0.60000 F F F 0.50000 0.50000 0.20000 F F F -0.00000 0.00000 0.40000 F F F I would like to change the last 3 lines from F F F to T T T. I tried looping each line but don't... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: princessotes
5 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

change if-else loop to while-do

Hello friends, i wrote a script which includes a couple of if-else loops but i have to change it to while-do loop as it is not allowed to use "break" in if-else loop in bash. #!/bin/bash -x NUM=`find . -name ufsdump_output1.txt | xargs egrep "End-of-tape detected"` if ; then echo "OK!"... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: EAGL€
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Variable name change in a loop

I need to do something like this:for I in var1 var2 var3 ; do $I = "Something calculated inside the loop" doneObviously it doesn't work...but is it possible doing that in other ways? Thanks in advance. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: canduc17
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Variable value dosent change after the loop changes it

i am new to shell scripting. this is similar to the code which i was writing for some other work. i want the variable 'x' to have the value which it will finally have at the end of the loop ( the number of directories ). but the value of 'x' only changes inside the loop and it remains '0' out-side... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: chathura666
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Running ffmpeg in loop seems to change reading from file

Hi everyone, I am fairly new to shell scripting. I want to read in numbers from a file (one number per line). This works perfectly fine while read CurrentLine do echo $CurrentLine done < myfile and yields the correct output: 272 745 123 If I however run a ffmpeg... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Thriceguy
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Change a field value in a loop

Hi guys, i have an executable file that contains several records and fields. One of the records has a variable filed that must be changed each time i want to execute the file. Would it be possible that i can use a loop to change the value of that field? Suppose that the field address is: Record... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: saeed.soltani
5 Replies

8. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

Change name of files to their paths -- find loop

Dear All, I have many sub-folders but each of them have a file with same name but different data. I want to either move or copy them into a new folder but they need to have the path of where they are coming as part of their name... I have managed to find the files but dont know how to change... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: A-V
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Change argument in a for loop

In a "for i in *FD.CPY do" loop, I need to change .CPY to .layout so the executed command would be reclay blahFD.CPY >blahFD.layout What do I need to do to modify a copy of i to use after the > symbol? TIA (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: wbport
5 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangFam(3pm)				 Perl Programmers Reference Guide			       Locale::Codes::LangFam(3pm)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangFam - standard codes for language extension identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangFam; $lext = code2langfam('apa'); # $lext gets 'Apache languages' $code = langfam2code('Apache languages'); # $code gets 'apa' @codes = all_langfam_codes(); @names = all_langfam_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangFam" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language families, such as those as defined in ISO 639-5. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default ISO 639-5 language family codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language families. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lext = code2langfam('apa','alpha'); $lext = code2langfam('apa',LOCALE_LANGFAM_ALPHA); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of three-letter (lowercase) codes from ISO 639-5 such as 'apa' for Apache languages. This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langfam ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langfam2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langfam_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langfam_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langfam_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::rename_langfam ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::rename_langfam_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.loc.gov/standards/iso639-5/id.php ISO 639-5 . AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2013 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.18.2 2013-11-04 Locale::Codes::LangFam(3pm)