Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Ubuntu Issue with installtion of Red Hat in Laptop Post 302740589 by Corona688 on Thursday 6th of December 2012 11:16:22 AM
Old 12-06-2012
That Ubuntu boots suggests strongly that it's not PAE, because you don't have PAE yet it still boots.

You can check the features of your processor with cat /proc/cpuinfo

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Red Hat 7.2 GUI not loading & Connection issue

Please Help Let me start off by saying that I am a total idiot when it comes to unix. Please, if you would care to reply keep this in mind. Thank you. I have been attempting to get my unix machine online to no avail. I have the rest of the house networked with 3 other windows machines into a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kmer
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Red Hat 7.2.....

I just installed red hat 7.2 on my laptop. it's dual booted with xp and red hat. when i boot in to linux it boots up to the screen to ask me my name and pass....i put in root and my password. after this it goes to a blue screen and sits there. the after about 2 minutes it comes up with a fatal... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: muzscman
1 Replies

3. Linux

Red Hat?

I have a Red Hat upgrade disk. I installed it and it corrupted my entire hard drive! I had gotten the disks out of a Dummy's book at my local library. Trying to install 'Red Hat', has cost me $100.00 in damages. (The cool part is my friend gave me that $100.00 part) Ah...A 120gig Hard Drive. Just... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: hdk_mkr
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Red Hat 9 help

please help me how to install softwares in linux.i have a ethernet internet connection.i try to open the site on LAN to download internet client.but i cannot as our lan supports only internet explorer....i downloaded the linux client by booting thru XP......but i cannot c my NTFS partition thru... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: shobhit143
0 Replies

5. Linux

red hat ee 2.6.9-42

hello. I would be greatfull if someone could tell me how will i see what dns server and gateway my red hat server uses. I tryied to find out by typing ifconfig command but i got : -bash: ifconfig: command not found , although man ifonconfig gives output with info about using that command. Is... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: tonijel
3 Replies

6. Red Hat

Red Hat E 3

I'm am working with a Red Hat Enterprise 3 server. This is a dedicated server that is supposedly dedicated to one domain, but I have been tasked with trying to figure out if there are files on this system that are being accessed by other IP's. Does anyone know if how I would go about finding... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: chrisPlusPlus
0 Replies

7. Red Hat

Red-hat

Hello, How do I see what IP addresses are connected to my machine? thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sonomao
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to know if i use "Red Hat Enterprise Linux" or "Red Hat Desktop" ?

how to know if i use "Red Hat Enterprise Linux" or "Red Hat Desktop" ? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ahmedamer12
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Red Hat 5.10 repository issue - desktop version

this is proving to be a real pain to set up. i recently installed red hat 5.10 desktop version. install went well. i've registered my system, but i cant seem to yum install simple packages. i can install some packages, but many others i cant. for instance, i cant do a: yum install php ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
2 Replies
Sys::Statistics::Linux::SysInfo(3pm)			User Contributed Perl Documentation		      Sys::Statistics::Linux::SysInfo(3pm)

NAME
Sys::Statistics::Linux::SysInfo - Collect linux system information. SYNOPSIS
use Sys::Statistics::Linux::SysInfo; my $lxs = Sys::Statistics::Linux::SysInfo->new; my $info = $lxs->get; DESCRIPTION
Sys::Statistics::Linux::SysInfo gathers system information from the virtual /proc filesystem (procfs). For more information read the documentation of the front-end module Sys::Statistics::Linux. SYSTEM INFOMATIONS
Generated by /proc/sys/kernel/{hostname,domainname,ostype,osrelease,version} and /proc/cpuinfo, /proc/meminfo, /proc/uptime, /proc/net/dev. hostname - The host name. domain - The host domain name. kernel - The kernel name. release - The kernel release. version - The kernel version. memtotal - The total size of memory. swaptotal - The total size of swap space. uptime - The uptime of the system. idletime - The idle time of the system. pcpucount - The total number of physical CPUs. tcpucount - The total number of CPUs (cores, hyper threading). interfaces - The interfaces of the system. arch - The machine hardware name (uname -m). # countcpus is the same like tcpucount countcpus - The total (maybe logical) number of CPUs. "pcpucount" and "tcpucount" are really easy to understand. Both values are collected from "/proc/cpuinfo". "pcpucount" is the number of physical CPUs, counted by "physical id". "tcpucount" is just the total number counted by "processor". If you want to get "uptime" and "idletime" as raw value you can set $Sys::Statistics::Linux::SysInfo::RAWTIME = 1; # or with Sys::Statistics::Linux::SysInfo->new(rawtime => 1) METHODS
new() Call "new()" to create a new object. my $lxs = Sys::Statistics::Linux::SysInfo->new; get() Call "get()" to get the statistics. "get()" returns the statistics as a hash reference. my $info = $lxs->get; EXPORTS
No exports. SEE ALSO
proc(5) REPORTING BUGS
Please report all bugs to <jschulz.cpan(at)bloonix.de>. AUTHOR
Jonny Schulz <jschulz.cpan(at)bloonix.de>. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2006, 2007 by Jonny Schulz. All rights reserved. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.14.2 2012-03-09 Sys::Statistics::Linux::SysInfo(3pm)