Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming PortInUse Exception in SerialDemo Post 302740047 by rkelly on Wednesday 5th of December 2012 01:32:44 PM
Old 12-05-2012
No. Logins are disabled for these ports.

---------- Post updated at 01:32 PM ---------- Previous update was at 11:25 AM ----------

I tried setting java to run asroot, but this did not work.
Any idea how I can make java_vm run as root? When I set it up according to the instructions, it's still running as my user.
Here are the steps I took:
copy java_vm from jre/bin to /tcb/files/rootcmds
edit /etc/auth/system/authorize to include java_vm for the root subsystem authorization.
Using User Manager, grant my user the root authorization.
Restart and log in as me.
Start app.
run "ps -ef|grep java"
this shows java_vm running as me.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to catch the exception

Dear friends, I am transferring some files to a windows system from Unix m/c thru FTP Script given below. echo "open $host quote USER $userid quote PASS $pwd $verbose $type cd $dir bin put $file close quit"|$ftp... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vijayakumarpc
0 Replies

2. Linux

MMU exception

I hope to post in the right forum, otherwise I apologize for this. if a MMU exception is caused by a process which tries to access to other memory segment (out of its own address space) what the kernel does in this case ? maybe kernel kills the "bad" process ? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Puntino
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl Exception - $!,$?,$@

Hi, I am trying to understand the significance of the special variables $!,$@ and $? in perl. I have a code block as follows: eval { Code Segment 1: #authenticating to the remote server $ftpobj -> login($username,$password) or die "Can't login to $remote_host"; ... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: DILEEP410
12 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Exception Handling

Hi, I have written a script to load csv files into a mysql database, however, i would like for the shell script to exit in the event of an error (missing file, load error etc.) - currently if an error is encountered the next statement is processed - This is how i am loading the csv scripts ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: bertpereira
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Exception handling

Sometimes when I try to use curl to upload to an ftp server, I get the message: $curl -T file.wmv ftp.eu.filesonic.com --user user:password curl: (8) Got a 421 ftp-server response when 220 was expected How do I get the script to try again if I get the message curl: (8)? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: locoroco
2 Replies

6. Programming

Exception Handling C++

Hello All, I have a question ....which I am totally confused about! If I have a fxn foo in a program which returns a logical value. But it has a posssiblity to throw some exception. Now my exception handler returns a value as a string stating why the exception occured. But my... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mind@work
1 Replies

7. Solaris

solaris 7 exception

Hi all, An application works well under 2.6 but under 7 it gives TEXT_IO exceptions. (Is_Open, Check_Is_Open, Get_Line procedures). Any idea? Regards (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: endoavour
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Re: exception using AWK

I have following file: NAME=ora.DG1.svc TYPE=ora.service.type CARDINALITY_ID=1 TARGET=ONLINE STATE=ONLINE NAME=ora.orlene.DG2.svc TYPE=ora.service.type CARDINALITY_ID=1 TARGET=ONLINE STATE=OFFLINE NAME=ora.MN.acfs TYPE=ora.registry.acfs.type TARGET=ONLINE (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rcc50886
4 Replies

9. SCO

Issue using SCO java SerialDemo

I recently installed the Java Communications API (v2.0Aa) on SCO and I'm having some issues running the SerialDemo application that comes with it. I can open a connection and send text from SCO to a toy windows app I wrote - that works fine. However, when I try and close the connection, I get... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jdsnatl
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Monitor logs for exception and if exception come then sent an email

Hi Folks, please advise , I have logs generated on unix machine at location /ops/opt/aaa/bvg.log , now sometimes there come exception in these logs also, so I want to write such a script such that it should continuously monitor these logs and whenever any exception comes that is it try to find... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: tuntun27272727
3 Replies
secauthmigrate(8)					      System Manager's Manual						 secauthmigrate(8)

NAME
secauthmigrate - Convert ULTRIX auth(5) authentication data to authcap(4) authentication data (Enhanced Security) SYNOPSIS
/usr/sbin/secauthmigrate [options] files ... | /usr/sbin/secauthmigrate [options] - DESCRIPTION
The secauthmigrate utility reads records from the specified files or from standard input (-). These records must be formatted according to the ULTRIX auth(Section 5) format. These can be generated by getauth on ULTRIX, or (for the Hesiod/BIND master host) can be found in /var/dss/namedb/src/auth. For each authentication record found, secauthmigrate will attempt to find a matching username record for the given UID. If that translation can be performed, an authcap(4) entry for the extended profile information for that user is created from the data in the input record. If the extended profile entry already exists, then the converted entry is left in /tcb/files/auth/?/user- name:ULT rather than overwrite the entry in /tcb/files/auth/?/username. If ROOTDIR is defined, it is used instead of / as the root of the directory tree when creating the /tcb/files/auth/?/* files. FLAGS
-v Indicate successful conversions on standard output. -U Give a long usage message. ERRORS
Failed to find name for UID # xxxx -- skipped No BSD style (/etc/passwd or NIS data) account exists. If you need this account, create a BSD style account and run secauthmigrate again. Existing file for username -- conversion saved in /tcb/files/auth/?/username:ULT Extended profile already exists. Compare the files to determine the differences. If the differences are not related to the password, use the dxaccounts program to update the existing file. If the differences are related to the password, disable logins and edit the /tcb/files/auth/?/username file. secauthmigrate -- unrecognized option '${opt}' The option you provided was not recognized. The options are -v and -U. Usage: secauthmigrate [options] files (Try secauthmigrate -U for help.) The -U option provides extensive help. FILES
${ROOTDIR}/tcb/files/auth/?/* RELATED INFORMATION
authcap(4), prpasswd(4) auth(Section 5) and getauth(Section 8) on ULTRIX. Security delim off secauthmigrate(8)