Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Limiting the Script
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Limiting the Script Post 302739999 by Yoda on Wednesday 5th of December 2012 10:08:19 AM
Old 12-05-2012
One way of doing this is to keep track of the time in a file. Just to give you an idea, you can code something like this:-
Code:
CURR_TS=$( date +"%Y%m%d%H" )                       # Current time-stamp
FILE_TS=$( cat curr_ts.txt 2> /dev/null )           # Time-stamp in file

if [ $CURR_TS -eq $FILE_TS ]                        # Checking if current time-stamp & time-stamp in file is matching.
then
      # Do not send email
else
      # Do send email
      echo $CURR_TS > curr_ts.txt                   # Update new time-stamp in file.
fi

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Limiting access

Hi, I'm new to linux and unix, and i have couple of problems: 1) how can i limit the access for a user, for example, i created a user, and i want that this user will be able to be only in one directory, and will see only the files i want him to. 2) I have a domain name, and i want that every... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: misha
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Limiting telnet sessions on HP UX Box

Anyone know how to limit the telnet sessions on a per user basis on an HP UX Box. I would like to limit the Maximum number of telnet seesions a user can open at any give time to around 4 or 5. I have been looking and looking and do not seem to be able to find anything on this. Any help would be... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Witlr
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

question about limiting the display from the ls command

hey guys im rly new to unix. im attempting to list the 5 largest files in a directory. so i got this far... ls -lR | sort -r and this lists all files by filesize, how can i limit this to only the 5 largest? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Aesop
4 Replies

4. HP-UX

limiting failed logins to three

I have tried limiting failed logins to three by the following method logins -ox \ | awk -F: '($8 != "LK" && $1 != "root") { print $1 }' \ | while read logname; do /usr/lbin/modprpw -m umaxlntr=3 "$logname" done /usr/lbin/modprdef -m umaxlntr=3 but it is failing on the 4th... any ideas?... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: csaunders
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

SSH keys and command limiting ...

Hi, I've just been trying to setup so that server1 can ssh into server2 and execute a limited set of commands only without password login. I want it also to be able to login with a password if no command given at all though (bit I'm stuck on). I have got this almost working with authorized_keys... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: moomain
1 Replies

6. HP-UX

Limiting SFTP Users While Not Limiting Regular Users?

Hi, I have searched the web and have come back with nothing that is satisfactory for what I require. SFTP is my corporations new file transfer standard. What I require is a method to lock down SFTP users to their directory (they may go to sub directories) while not restricting regular users. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Emancipator
2 Replies

7. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

Limiting a user to a script upon login, nothing else.

Hi there, I have a Debian 5.0 server that my company uses for deployment testing. This server needs to be accessed by NOC people that have no NIX knowledge whatsoever. I am creating a bash script for a menu-based command interface for the commands they need to run on their testing routines,... (21 Replies)
Discussion started by: ppucci
21 Replies

8. Solaris

Limiting Connections from a single IP

I'm looking for a way to limit connections to a Solaris 10 box from any single IP. The problem is that I've had more experience doing this with IPTables on Linux, rather than with IPFilter, which I've found to be somewhat feature-poor. I hope there is some way to do this using IPFilter, I've... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: spynappels
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Limiting access to postqueue

Hi, I have a Debian 6 machine running Postfix 2.7.1. The email server works pretty well. I discovered that any non-root user can access to the mail queue using postqueue command just like root. How can I limit this access? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mjdousti
1 Replies
Locale::Codes::Script(3pm)				 Perl Programmers Reference Guide				Locale::Codes::Script(3pm)

NAME
Locale::Codes::Script - standard codes for script identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::Script; $script = code2script('phnx'); # 'Phoenician' $code = script2code('Phoenician'); # 'Phnx' $code = script2code('Phoenician', LOCALE_CODE_NUMERIC); # 115 @codes = all_script_codes(); @scripts = all_script_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::Script" module provides access to standards codes used for identifying scripts, such as those defined in ISO 15924. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default ISO 15924 four-letter codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying scripts. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $script = code2script('phnx','alpha'); $script = code2script('phnx',LOCALE_SCRIPT_ALPHA); The codesets currently supported are: alpha, LOCALE_SCRIPT_ALPHA This is a set of four-letter (capitalized) codes from ISO 15924 such as 'Phnx' for Phoenician. It also includes additions to this set included in the IANA language registry. The Zxxx, Zyyy, and Zzzz codes are not used. This is the default code set. num, LOCALE_SCRIPT_NUMERIC This is a set of three-digit numeric codes from ISO 15924 such as 115 for Phoenician. ROUTINES
code2script ( CODE [,CODESET] ) script2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) script_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_script_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_script_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::Script::rename_script ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::Script::add_script ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::Script::delete_script ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::Script::add_script_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::Script::delete_script_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::Script::rename_script_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::Script::add_script_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::Script::delete_script_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.unicode.org/iso15924/ Home page for ISO 15924. http://www.iana.org/assignments/language-subtag-registry The IANA language subtag registry. AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 1997-2001 Canon Research Centre Europe (CRE). Copyright (c) 2001-2010 Neil Bowers Copyright (c) 2010-2013 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.18.2 2013-11-04 Locale::Codes::Script(3pm)