Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Expdp error logging:
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Expdp error logging: Post 302739841 by qwertyu on Wednesday 5th of December 2012 03:35:32 AM
Old 12-05-2012
expdp error logging

Cero, Thanks a lot. That helped. i now grep the file to check for errors and take necessary actions from there. Thanks again!

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Asking about logging in

Hi, just wriiten a sh script and as my script will try to log into another server to delete some files but when i run , it keeps on saying that my files do not exist. It seems to refer to my local directory instead. Below is my script : FTP_HOST=ip_number FTP_USER="user password" ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: blueberry80
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

shell script error logging

Hi, I am writing a shell script (ksh, solaris 5.8). Script is X.sh variables declared: LOGFILE=X.log the script is removing a file: /usr/bin/rm "$DUMP_FILE1".Z >> $LOGFILE If I kick off the script from the command line as follows: ./X.sh > X.con 2<& 1 (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: niamh
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

General Unix Error Logging?

Yesterday evening my server appeared to fall over. I couldn't copy (scp) files to it, and I couldn't SSH to it either. Every time I tried, it just gave me this message: Read from remote host <IP ADDRESS>: Connection reset by peer Connection to <IP ADDRESS> closed. I got in this morning, and... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Dave Stockdale
4 Replies

4. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

Constant Logging In (After Logging Out)

Hi Everyone. First, I want to thank all of you for letting me participate in this great group. I am having a bit of a problem. After I get an email from a responder, I login to make my reply. In the mean time I get another response by email from another member, I go to reply to them and I... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ccccc
6 Replies

5. Solaris

"no shell" error when logging in

no shell error is coming whn i am trying login as users. i acn loggin as root thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sunnybee
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

rm error codes and logging

Afternoon ladies and gents, I am trying to create a simple script to remove a certain file from a user's network profile location. The removal works ok, but in the interest of overkill I would like to add a simple error detection (such as file doesn't exist or permission denied) Currently, it... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hateborne
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

ksh - find command with 2 actions attached and error logging

Hi there, I'm encountering problems on an AIX system when using following in my script. find . -name *.edi -type f -exec sh -c 'scp {} $user@$server:$path || exit 5; mv {} $sent || exit 7' \; the error i get is following find: 0652-018 An expression term lacks a required... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kerberos
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Zip dump file using expdp:

Hi All, i am using expdp to create a dump file of contents from an oracle table. I want this dump file to be zipped. Is there a way/ option in expdp where the dump file will be automatically zipped when its been created. If not please suggest other methods. (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: qwertyu
8 Replies

9. UNIX and Linux Applications

Problem in import & expdp Dump file

Hi all, i face a problem on (oracle database) installed on server Linux i need to export back as dump file, when i try to export give me the below error. # expdp system/oracle directory=test dumpfile=Prodfb20150311.dmp logfile=Prodfb20150311.log FULL=y Export: Release 11.2.0.1.0 -... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: clerck
2 Replies

10. Linux

Syslog not logging successful logging while unlocking server's console

When unlocking a Linux server's console there's no event indicating successful logging Is there a way I can fix this ? I have the following in my rsyslog.conf auth.info /var/log/secure authpriv.info /var/log/secure (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: walterthered
1 Replies
ZGREP(1)						      General Commands Manual							  ZGREP(1)

NAME
zgrep - search possibly compressed files for a regular expression SYNOPSIS
zgrep [ grep_options ] [ -e ] pattern filename... DESCRIPTION
Zgrep is used to invoke the grep on compress'ed or gzip'ed files. All options specified are passed directly to grep. If no file is speci- fied, then the standard input is decompressed if necessary and fed to grep. Otherwise the given files are uncompressed if necessary and fed to grep. If zgrep is invoked as zegrep or zfgrep then egrep or fgrep is used instead of grep. If the GREP environment variable is set, zgrep uses it as the grep program to be invoked. For example: for sh: GREP=fgrep zgrep string files for csh: (setenv GREP fgrep; zgrep string files) AUTHOR
Charles Levert (charles@comm.polymtl.ca) SEE ALSO
grep(1), egrep(1), fgrep(1), zdiff(1), zmore(1), znew(1), zforce(1), gzip(1), gzexe(1) ZGREP(1)