Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Expdp error logging:
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Expdp error logging: Post 302739827 by cero on Wednesday 5th of December 2012 02:57:12 AM
Old 12-05-2012
Hi,
You can specify a logfile when calling expdp using the LOGFILE parameter. expdp -help gives you an overview of possible parameters. When I use expdp in some automated process I usually redirect stdout and stderr into a file. This way I also get a logfile if the environment is not set up correctly and expdp is not found.
So the calls could look like this:
Code:
# using the logfile parameter
expdp $dbuser/$dbpasswd dumpfile=/path/to/your/dumpfile logfile=/path/to/your/logfile full=y
# capture stdout and stderr
expdp $dbuser/$dbpasswd dumpfile=/path/to/your/dumpfile full=y 1>/path/to/your/logfile 2>&1

This User Gave Thanks to cero For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Asking about logging in

Hi, just wriiten a sh script and as my script will try to log into another server to delete some files but when i run , it keeps on saying that my files do not exist. It seems to refer to my local directory instead. Below is my script : FTP_HOST=ip_number FTP_USER="user password" ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: blueberry80
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

shell script error logging

Hi, I am writing a shell script (ksh, solaris 5.8). Script is X.sh variables declared: LOGFILE=X.log the script is removing a file: /usr/bin/rm "$DUMP_FILE1".Z >> $LOGFILE If I kick off the script from the command line as follows: ./X.sh > X.con 2<& 1 (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: niamh
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

General Unix Error Logging?

Yesterday evening my server appeared to fall over. I couldn't copy (scp) files to it, and I couldn't SSH to it either. Every time I tried, it just gave me this message: Read from remote host <IP ADDRESS>: Connection reset by peer Connection to <IP ADDRESS> closed. I got in this morning, and... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Dave Stockdale
4 Replies

4. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

Constant Logging In (After Logging Out)

Hi Everyone. First, I want to thank all of you for letting me participate in this great group. I am having a bit of a problem. After I get an email from a responder, I login to make my reply. In the mean time I get another response by email from another member, I go to reply to them and I... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ccccc
6 Replies

5. Solaris

"no shell" error when logging in

no shell error is coming whn i am trying login as users. i acn loggin as root thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sunnybee
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

rm error codes and logging

Afternoon ladies and gents, I am trying to create a simple script to remove a certain file from a user's network profile location. The removal works ok, but in the interest of overkill I would like to add a simple error detection (such as file doesn't exist or permission denied) Currently, it... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hateborne
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

ksh - find command with 2 actions attached and error logging

Hi there, I'm encountering problems on an AIX system when using following in my script. find . -name *.edi -type f -exec sh -c 'scp {} $user@$server:$path || exit 5; mv {} $sent || exit 7' \; the error i get is following find: 0652-018 An expression term lacks a required... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kerberos
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Zip dump file using expdp:

Hi All, i am using expdp to create a dump file of contents from an oracle table. I want this dump file to be zipped. Is there a way/ option in expdp where the dump file will be automatically zipped when its been created. If not please suggest other methods. (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: qwertyu
8 Replies

9. UNIX and Linux Applications

Problem in import & expdp Dump file

Hi all, i face a problem on (oracle database) installed on server Linux i need to export back as dump file, when i try to export give me the below error. # expdp system/oracle directory=test dumpfile=Prodfb20150311.dmp logfile=Prodfb20150311.log FULL=y Export: Release 11.2.0.1.0 -... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: clerck
2 Replies

10. Linux

Syslog not logging successful logging while unlocking server's console

When unlocking a Linux server's console there's no event indicating successful logging Is there a way I can fix this ? I have the following in my rsyslog.conf auth.info /var/log/secure authpriv.info /var/log/secure (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: walterthered
1 Replies
BOOTLOGD(8)						Linux System Administrator's Manual					       BOOTLOGD(8)

NAME
bootlogd - record boot messages SYNOPSIS
/sbin/bootlogd [-c] [-d] [-r] [-s] [-v] [ -l logfile ] [ -p pidfile ] DESCRIPTION
Bootlogd runs in the background and copies all strings sent to the /dev/console device to a logfile. If the logfile is not accessible, the messages will be kept in memory until it is. OPTIONS
-d Do not fork and run in the background. -c Attempt to write to the logfile even if it does not yet exist. Without this option, bootlogd will wait for the logfile to appear before attempting to write to it. This behavior prevents bootlogd from creating logfiles under mount points. -r If there is an existing logfile called logfile rename it to logfile~ unless logfile~ already exists. -s Ensure that the data is written to the file after each line by calling fdatasync(3). This will slow down a fsck(8) process running in parallel. -v Show version. -l logfile Log to this logfile. The default is /var/log/boot. -p pidfile Put process-id in this file. The default is no pidfile. BUGS
Bootlogd works by redirecting the console output from the console device. (Consequently bootlogd requires PTY support in the kernel con- figuration.) It copies that output to the real console device and to a log file. There is no standard way of ascertaining the real con- sole device if you have a new-style /dev/console device (major 5, minor 1) so bootlogd parses the kernel command line looking for con- sole=... lines and deduces the real console device from that. If that syntax is ever changed by the kernel, or a console type is used that bootlogd does not know about then bootlogd will not work. AUTHOR
Miquel van Smoorenburg, miquels@cistron.nl SEE ALSO
dmesg(8),fdatasync(3). Jul 21, 2003 BOOTLOGD(8)