Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming PortInUse Exception in SerialDemo Post 302739637 by Corona688 on Tuesday 4th of December 2012 04:10:59 PM
Old 12-04-2012
You should have it print the name of the port, too. Perhaps something strange has ended up in the port list somehow, like a foreign TTY.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to catch the exception

Dear friends, I am transferring some files to a windows system from Unix m/c thru FTP Script given below. echo "open $host quote USER $userid quote PASS $pwd $verbose $type cd $dir bin put $file close quit"|$ftp... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vijayakumarpc
0 Replies

2. Linux

MMU exception

I hope to post in the right forum, otherwise I apologize for this. if a MMU exception is caused by a process which tries to access to other memory segment (out of its own address space) what the kernel does in this case ? maybe kernel kills the "bad" process ? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Puntino
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl Exception - $!,$?,$@

Hi, I am trying to understand the significance of the special variables $!,$@ and $? in perl. I have a code block as follows: eval { Code Segment 1: #authenticating to the remote server $ftpobj -> login($username,$password) or die "Can't login to $remote_host"; ... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: DILEEP410
12 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Exception Handling

Hi, I have written a script to load csv files into a mysql database, however, i would like for the shell script to exit in the event of an error (missing file, load error etc.) - currently if an error is encountered the next statement is processed - This is how i am loading the csv scripts ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: bertpereira
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Exception handling

Sometimes when I try to use curl to upload to an ftp server, I get the message: $curl -T file.wmv ftp.eu.filesonic.com --user user:password curl: (8) Got a 421 ftp-server response when 220 was expected How do I get the script to try again if I get the message curl: (8)? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: locoroco
2 Replies

6. Programming

Exception Handling C++

Hello All, I have a question ....which I am totally confused about! If I have a fxn foo in a program which returns a logical value. But it has a posssiblity to throw some exception. Now my exception handler returns a value as a string stating why the exception occured. But my... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mind@work
1 Replies

7. Solaris

solaris 7 exception

Hi all, An application works well under 2.6 but under 7 it gives TEXT_IO exceptions. (Is_Open, Check_Is_Open, Get_Line procedures). Any idea? Regards (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: endoavour
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Re: exception using AWK

I have following file: NAME=ora.DG1.svc TYPE=ora.service.type CARDINALITY_ID=1 TARGET=ONLINE STATE=ONLINE NAME=ora.orlene.DG2.svc TYPE=ora.service.type CARDINALITY_ID=1 TARGET=ONLINE STATE=OFFLINE NAME=ora.MN.acfs TYPE=ora.registry.acfs.type TARGET=ONLINE (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rcc50886
4 Replies

9. SCO

Issue using SCO java SerialDemo

I recently installed the Java Communications API (v2.0Aa) on SCO and I'm having some issues running the SerialDemo application that comes with it. I can open a connection and send text from SCO to a toy windows app I wrote - that works fine. However, when I try and close the connection, I get... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jdsnatl
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Monitor logs for exception and if exception come then sent an email

Hi Folks, please advise , I have logs generated on unix machine at location /ops/opt/aaa/bvg.log , now sometimes there come exception in these logs also, so I want to write such a script such that it should continuously monitor these logs and whenever any exception comes that is it try to find... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: tuntun27272727
3 Replies
ttydefs(4)							   File Formats 							ttydefs(4)

NAME
ttydefs - file contains terminal line settings information for ttymon DESCRIPTION
/etc/ttydefs is an administrative file that contains records divided into fields by colons (":"). This information used by ttymon to set up the speed and terminal settings for a TTY port. The ttydefs file contains the following fields: ttylabel The string ttymon tries to match against the TTY port's ttylabel field in the port monitor administrative file. It often describes the speed at which the terminal is supposed to run, for example, 1200. initial-flags Contains the initial termio(7I) settings to which the terminal is to be set. For example, the system administrator will be able to specify what the default erase and kill characters will be. initial-flags must be specified in the syntax recog- nized by the stty command. final-flags final-flags must be specified in the same format as initial-flags. ttymon sets these final settings after a connection request has been made and immediately prior to invoking a port's service. autobaud If the autobaud field contains the character 'A,' autobaud will be enabled. Otherwise, autobaud will be disabled. ttymon determines what line speed to set the TTY port to by analyzing the carriage returns entered. If autobaud has been disabled, the hunt sequence is used for baud rate determination. nextlabel If the user indicates that the current terminal setting is not appropriate by sending a BREAK, ttymon searchs for a ttydefs entry whose ttylabel field matches the nextlabel field. If a match is found, ttymon uses that field as its ttylabel field. A series of speeds is often linked together in this way into a closed set called a hunt sequence. For example, 4800 may be linked to 1200, which in turn is linked to 2400, which is finally linked to 4800. SEE ALSO
sttydefs(1M), ttymon(1M), termio(7I) System Administration Guide: Basic Administration SunOS 5.10 27 Jan 1994 ttydefs(4)