Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: How to couple 2 script in 1?
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to couple 2 script in 1? Post 302739279 by Vikram_Tanwar12 on Tuesday 4th of December 2012 01:25:45 AM
Old 12-04-2012
You can also use crontab utility for this
First Put your script into one single script and then edit the crontab
Suppose the new name of the script containing both of your script is test3.sh

Code:
 Crontab -e
*/3 * * * * /Path to script test3.sh

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Debian

A couple of grub questions.

1) After I install a new kernel in Debian Sarge, it updates my menu.lst file for grub, but incorrectly. It assumes it should boot from partition hd0,0, but this is incorrect. How do I change this faulty assumption? 2) If grub fails to find a kernel, grub allows me to enter a path to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: akbar
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

need couple of ksh tricks please

1) I ran myScript with 2 arguments, I meant to use 3 if I do r my, it will rerun it with the 2 arguments. is there a way I can do r my and add a third argument at the end? 2) say I did myAcript.ksh 2 5 7 8 I realise my typo. is there an easy way to redo the command replacing A with S? ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: JamesByars
4 Replies

3. HP-UX

Couple of questions.

Right now I am a Microfocus COBOL programmer, working on a HP-UX system. I want to now get Certified as a HP Certified Systems Administrator. I ordered a book from amazon and will start with it. I also will be working at my job with someone who applies the patches and things as we do NOT have a... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: nixie21
3 Replies

4. Solaris

Couple logadm questions

My logadm.conf is below. Is there a way to match a log file that appends the time/date stamp after the log file? Also, a 0 is being appended onto the files I'm compressing and having rotated. Is there a way to fix that? /var/apache/tomcat55/logs/catalina.out -C 30 -P 'Fri Jun 18 16:48:55... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: LittleLebowski
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

A couple issues

Hello, I have a couple questions. First of all, I'm trying to use the wc command on the /etc/passwd file to find out the total amount of users but I am unsuccesful. I figured since users each have their own line in the passwd file that i could have it count the number of lines and then return the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Simonpalmieri
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script using expect to login to couple of remote servers and read "crontab -l"

I need a shell script using expect to login to couple of remote servers and read "crontab -l -u <username>" & "cat /etc/rc.local" & "df -h" and able to create output into a file saved locally with hostname.crontab & hostname.rc.local & disk.status. I can supply a file as list of hostname or IP... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jaipsharma
4 Replies
CGRULES.CONF(5) 						 libcgroup Manual						   CGRULES.CONF(5)

NAME
cgrules.conf - libcgroup configuration file DESCRIPTION
cgrules.conf configuration file is used by libcgroups to define control groups to which a process belongs. The file contains a list of rules which assign to a defined group/user a control group in a subsystem (or control groups in subsystems). Rules have two formats: <user> <controllers> <destination> <user>:<process name> <controllers> <destination> Where: user can be: - a user name - a group name with @group syntax - the wildcard '*', for any user or group - '%', which is equivalent to "ditto" (useful for multi-line rules where different cgroups need to be specified for various hierarchies for a single user) process name is optional and it can be: - a process name - a full command path of a process controllers can be: - comma separated controller names (no spaces) or - * (for all mounted controllers) destination can be: - path relative to the controller hierarchy (ex. pgrp1/gid1/uid1) - following strings will get expanded %u username, uid if name resolving fails %U uid %g group name, gid if name resolving fails %G gid %p process name, pid if name not available %P pid '' can be used to escape '%' First rule which matches the criteria will be executed. Any text starting with '#' is considered as a start of comment line and is ignored. EXAMPLES
student devices /usergroup/students Student's processes in the 'devices' subsystem belong to the control group /usergroup/students. student:cp devices /usergroup/students/cp When student executes 'cp' command, the processes in the 'devices' subsystem belong to the control group /usergroup/students/cp. @admin * admingroup/ Processes started by anybody from admin group no matter in what subsystem belong to the control group admingroup/. peter cpu test1/ % memory test2/ The first line says Peter's task for cpu controller belongs to test1 control group. The second one says Peter's tasks for memory controller belong to test2/ control group. * * default/ All processes in any subsystem belong to the control group default/. Since the earliest matched rule is applied, it makes sense to have this line at the end of the list. It will put a task which was not mentioned in the previous rules to default/ control group. FILES
/etc/cgrules.conf default libcgroup configuration file SEE ALSO
cgconfig.conf (5), cgclassify (1), cgred.conf (5) BUGS
Linux 2009-03-10 CGRULES.CONF(5)