Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Grep 9 string text
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Grep 9 string text Post 302739247 by learnbash on Monday 3rd of December 2012 10:31:19 PM
Old 12-03-2012
Grep 9 string text

I have a file that have text like.

Code:
Download  	ABCD Edfdf x8634 4343 554545 (64bit) 	V33834-01 	1.4M
Download  	ABCD Edfdf x86 (64bit) 	V33855-01 	1.4M
Download  	ABCD Edfdf x8634 4343 5545 (64bit) 	V33834-01 	1.4M

i want text starts with V*-01 from above file.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Appending to filename a string of text grep finds

I am wanting to automate a process that includes the step of appending to a filename a string of text that's contained inside the file. I.e. if filename A.fileA contains a string of text that reads 1234 after the phrase ABC, I want the shell script file to rename the file 1234_FileChecked_A.fileA.... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: HLee1981
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

grep a string from 2 text files

How to grep a string in two different files, I am having the following scenario TextFile1 Date (dd/mm)Time Server IP Error Code =========================================================================== 10/04/2008 10:10 ServerA xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx ... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: karthikn7974
15 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Copy or Grep all text below a string

Hello, I am trying to copy all the text from a file below a search string... For example i want to grep all text below the word sure: UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers If you're not sure where to post a UNIX or Linux question, post it here. All UNIX and Linux newbies welcome !! ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: aliaa2a
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

| help | unix | grep - Can I use grep to return a string with exactly n matches?

Hello, I looking to use grep to return a string with exactly n matches. I'm building off this: ls -aLl /bin | grep '^.\{9\}x' | tr -s ' ' -rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 632816 Nov 25 2008 vi -rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 632816 Nov 25 2008 view -rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 16008 May 25 2008... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: MykC
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Print lines between two lines after grep for a text string

I have several very large file that are extracts from Oracle tables. These files are formatted in XML type syntax with multiple entries like: <ROW> some information more information </ROW> I want to grep for some words, then print all lines between <ROW> AND </ROW>. Can this be done with AWK?... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: jbruce
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep for a string and then grep using a string from that result

Hello, Thanks in advance for the query. There is a log file abcd.log which has multible line like this. "hello1" , "hello2", "hello3" , "hello4" , "hello5" I want to grep for the lines which has "hello4" & "hello5" and use "hello2" to grep the same log file again. All these should... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: kzenthil
8 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search text file, then grep next instance of string

I need to be able to search for a beginning line header, then use grep or something else to get the very next instance of a particular string, which will ALWAYS be in "Line5". What I have is some data that appears like this: Line1 Line2 Line3 Line4 Line5 Line6 Line7 Line1 Line2 ...... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Akilleez
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep a string from input file and delete next three lines including the line contains string in xml

Hi, 1_strings file contains $ cat 1_strings /home/$USER/Src /home/Valid /home/Review$ cat myxml <projected value="some string" path="/home/$USER/Src"> <input 1/> <estimate value/> <somestring/> </projected> <few more lines > <projected value="some string" path="/home/$USER/check">... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: greet_sed
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

grep exact string from files and write to filename when string present in file

I am attempting to grep an exact string from a series of files within a directory and append that output to the filename when it is present in the file. I've been after this all day with no luck. Thanks for your help in advance :wall:. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: JC_1
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep string in files and list file names that contain the string

Hi, I have a list of zipped files. I want to grep for a string in all files and get a list of file names that contain the string. But without unzipping them before that, more like using something like gzcat. My OS is: SunOS test 5.10 Generic_142900-13 sun4u sparc SUNW,SPARC-Enterprise (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: apenkov
8 Replies
GITNAMESPACES(7)						    Git Manual							  GITNAMESPACES(7)

NAME
gitnamespaces - Git namespaces SYNOPSIS
GIT_NAMESPACE=<namespace> git upload-pack GIT_NAMESPACE=<namespace> git receive-pack DESCRIPTION
Git supports dividing the refs of a single repository into multiple namespaces, each of which has its own branches, tags, and HEAD. Git can expose each namespace as an independent repository to pull from and push to, while sharing the object store, and exposing all the refs to operations such as git-gc(1). Storing multiple repositories as namespaces of a single repository avoids storing duplicate copies of the same objects, such as when storing multiple branches of the same source. The alternates mechanism provides similar support for avoiding duplicates, but alternates do not prevent duplication between new objects added to the repositories without ongoing maintenance, while namespaces do. To specify a namespace, set the GIT_NAMESPACE environment variable to the namespace. For each ref namespace, git stores the corresponding refs in a directory under refs/namespaces/. For example, GIT_NAMESPACE=foo will store refs under refs/namespaces/foo/. You can also specify namespaces via the --namespace option to git(1). Note that namespaces which include a / will expand to a hierarchy of namespaces; for example, GIT_NAMESPACE=foo/bar will store refs under refs/namespaces/foo/refs/namespaces/bar/. This makes paths in GIT_NAMESPACE behave hierarchically, so that cloning with GIT_NAMESPACE=foo/bar produces the same result as cloning with GIT_NAMESPACE=foo and cloning from that repo with GIT_NAMESPACE=bar. It also avoids ambiguity with strange namespace paths such as foo/refs/heads/, which could otherwise generate directory/file conflicts within the refs directory. git-upload-pack(1) and git-receive-pack(1) rewrite the names of refs as specified by GIT_NAMESPACE. git-upload-pack and git-receive-pack will ignore all references outside the specified namespace. The smart HTTP server, git-http-backend(1), will pass GIT_NAMESPACE through to the backend programs; see git-http-backend(1) for sample configuration to expose repository namespaces as repositories. For a simple local test, you can use git-remote-ext(1): git clone ext::'git --namespace=foo %s /tmp/prefixed.git' SECURITY
Anyone with access to any namespace within a repository can potentially access objects from any other namespace stored in the same repository. You can't directly say "give me object ABCD" if you don't have a ref to it, but you can do some other sneaky things like: 1. Claiming to push ABCD, at which point the server will optimize out the need for you to actually send it. Now you have a ref to ABCD and can fetch it (claiming not to have it, of course). 2. Requesting other refs, claiming that you have ABCD, at which point the server may generate deltas against ABCD. None of this causes a problem if you only host public repositories, or if everyone who may read one namespace may also read everything in every other namespace (for instance, if everyone in an organization has read permission to every repository). Git 1.7.10.4 11/24/2012 GITNAMESPACES(7)