Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: iptables rule sanity check?
Special Forums Cybersecurity iptables rule sanity check? Post 302739215 by unclecameron on Monday 3rd of December 2012 06:01:04 PM
Old 12-03-2012
@vbe: thanks for moving the post, makes sense Smilie

@unSpawn: There are no other rules active in iptables, and I have restarted all the network related processes I could find. Thanks for the info on pcap

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

iptables rule to block ping to internet

I want to block ping on a linuxbox to any other address where it would go to the default gateway. vmdebianamd64:/etc/tcng# route Kernel IP routing table Destination Gateway Genmask Flags Metric Ref Use Iface 198.9.200.0 * 255.255.255.0 U 0 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: progressdll
1 Replies

2. Debian

./configure is broken - /lib/cpp fails sanity check

Hi, I first wanted to install my NIC drivers but it said: Makefile:62: *** Linux kernel source not found. Stop. So I installed the kernel source: linux-source-2.6.18_2.6.18.dfsg.1-13etch5_all.deb 1) cd /usr/src 2) -xjvf linux-source.2.6.18.extension (forget what it was) 3) ln -s... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: Virtuality
12 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

*** [Gentoo] sanity check failed! ***

I faced the following error while configuring the spine for cacti. Can any one help me to sort out this problem: hecking how to run the C++ preprocessor... g++ -E checking for g77... g77 checking whether we are using the GNU Fortran 77 compiler... yes checking whether g77 accepts -g... yes... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: praveen_b744
1 Replies

4. Solaris

lib/cpp fails sanity check

I'm trying to install a new library for php but everytime I run configure I got the following error "lib/cpp" fails sanity check. My OS is solaris 10 Any help on how to solve this issue would be highly appreciated (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dahr
3 Replies

5. Linux

iptables rule problem

Hi, i have 40 client's in my network, that connected to internet via squid server (WebProxy). i want none of these client can't ping my squid server bat squid server can ping them.i wrote these rules but it is'nt work. iptables -P INPUT DROP iptables -P OUTPUT DROP iptables -A INPUT -p... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: skynet_boy
1 Replies

6. IP Networking

iptables - most easy way to find rule and remove it?

I have situation where I have rules in iptables with comments. Now... I can for example enter rule like "iptables -A FORWARD -s xxx -j ACCEPT" and delete it with "iptables -D FORWARD -s xxx -j ACCEPT".. but if that rule contain some random comment (-m comment) then ... ? I can find with scripting... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: darkman_hr
2 Replies

7. Cybersecurity

LDAP - sanity check

I have recently changed jobs and where i used to work we had kerberos. Here they have nothing resembling central password management or Network Authentication. I have started looking at LDAP but wonder if that is a good choice. we have a solaris/centos environment (no windows whoo hooo) with 4... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: oly_r
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

iptables rule to block access from VM Browser to Firewall Login Page

(1 Reply)
Discussion started by: senrabdet
1 Replies
IPTABLES-APPLY(8)						  iptables 1.6.1						 IPTABLES-APPLY(8)

NAME
iptables-apply - a safer way to update iptables remotely SYNOPSIS
iptables-apply [-hV] [-t timeout] [-w savefile] {[rulesfile]|-c [runcmd]} DESCRIPTION
iptables-apply will try to apply a new rulesfile (as output by iptables-save, read by iptables-restore) or run a command to configure iptables and then prompt the user whether the changes are okay. If the new iptables rules cut the existing connection, the user will not be able to answer affirmatively. In this case, the script rolls back to the previous working iptables rules after the timeout expires. Successfully applied rules can also be written to savefile and later used to roll back to this state. This can be used to implement a store last good configuration mechanism when experimenting with an iptables setup script: iptables-apply -w /etc/network/iptables.up.rules -c /etc/network/iptables.up.run When called as ip6tables-apply, the script will use ip6tables-save/-restore and IPv6 default values instead. Default value for rulesfile is '/etc/network/iptables.up.rules'. OPTIONS
-t seconds, --timeout seconds Sets the timeout in seconds after which the script will roll back to the previous ruleset (default: 10). -w savefile, --write savefile Specify the savefile where successfully applied rules will be written to (default if empty string is given: /etc/network/iptables.up.rules). -c runcmd, --command runcmd Run command runcmd to configure iptables instead of applying a rulesfile (default: /etc/network/iptables.up.run). -h, --help Display usage information. -V, --version Display version information. SEE ALSO
iptables-restore(8), iptables-save(8), iptables(8). LEGALESE
Original iptables-apply - Copyright 2006 Martin F. Krafft <madduck@madduck.net>. Version 1.1 - Copyright 2010 GW <gw.2010@tnode.com or http://gw.tnode.com/>. This manual page was written by Martin F. Krafft <madduck@madduck.net> and extended by GW <gw.2010@tnode.com or http://gw.tnode.com/>. Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the Artistic License 2.0. iptables 1.6.1 IPTABLES-APPLY(8)