Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: HMC Upgrade Question
Operating Systems AIX HMC Upgrade Question Post 302739077 by acascianelli on Monday 3rd of December 2012 12:35:05 PM
Old 12-03-2012
IBM HMC Upgrade Question

I have an HMC that I'm looking to upgrade from V7.3.4.0 SP2 to the latest version V7.7.6.0. I'm looking at the firmware levels of the systems attached to this HMC, and all of the systems have compatible firmware revisions but there are two that have been update recently and the platform IPL level is still showing the older/incompatible revision. However the Activated level is showing a compatible revision.

My question is, can I still upgrade the HMC software to the newest version? Or do I have to re-IPL the 2 systems in question?

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Upgrade question

Hi all, I hava an ULTRA-5 machine at work, runing Solaris8, and I'm thinking of downloading the free version of Solaris9, and runing an upgrade, is this possible? And the free version of Solaris 9, is the same as the payed version? Thx. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Zarnick
0 Replies

2. AIX

ml upgrade question

Hello everybody, am new to AIX. can someone help me with below i was trying to do an ml upgrade on AIX5.2 from 01-09 when i do a lppchk -v, i get X11.base.rte 5.2.0.10 (usr: COMMITTED, root: not installed) i tried to remove the fileset using smitty remove and it says... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: karthikosu
1 Replies

3. AIX

Hardware upgrade question

I have an IBM pseries 7028-6E1 server with a six drive bay that is currently plugged into the scsi backplane of the motherboard. I am going to install a PCIX Ultra320 scsi raid adapter, and swing the drive bay over to it. I am just wondering how this is going to work. Should I power the server... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: markper
1 Replies

4. Solaris

Solaris 9 upgrade question.

I have an old sun v890 server running solaris 9. Apparently we need to be running solaris 10. I don't know much about the server history, there isn't any documentation. I hesitant to rebuild from scratch and loose user configuration settings etc... How difficult is it to upgrade to solaris... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kjons76
10 Replies

5. AIX

Upgrade AIX without HMC

Hi all, i would like to know if it's possible upgrade AIX 5.3 to 6.1 on a LPAR without use the HMC. so i would like to know if i must use the console to do it or i can do all from the up&running system on LPAR. Thanks in advance. Mario (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Zio Bill
4 Replies

6. Solaris

Live upgrade question

I want to basically update an ABE that someone created a few months back. I'm sure stuff has changed since it was made, and I was going to delete it and create a new one. But from what I'm looking at, the lumake appears like it would be a faster approach. I want to use live upgrade to... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: BG_JrAdmin
0 Replies

7. AIX

PowerHA 5.5.0.4 on AIX 5.3 TL10 upgrade question

Hi all, I want to upgrade a clustered AIX 5.3 TL10 with PowerHA 5.5.0.4. To both AIX 6.1 and PowerHA 6.1 in an wasy way. Any guidelines or procedures in an easy way to accomplish this task safely? Note : fdown time is an acceptable option. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: h@foorsa.biz
2 Replies

8. Solaris

Solaris 11.2 upgrade question

Currently we are having solaris 11.1 SRU 11.1.21.4.1 installed on server. We need to upgrade it to solaris 11.2 SRU 11.2.9.5.0 Is it possible to upgrade to SRU 11.2.9.50 directly by downloading repo files or do I need to upgrade to 11.2 first and then upgrade to SRU 11.2.9.5.0? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sureshsun
1 Replies

9. AIX

HMC Upgrade

Hi Experts So we have two data center .I upgraded the HMC in one datacenter, very easy no problem, but in the second datacenter we have dual HMC connection. I am looking at the document from the ibm documentation. I found something that I am not comfortable following. which is this : Physically... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: JME2015
2 Replies
BT(4)							   BSD Kernel Interfaces Manual 						     BT(4)

NAME
bt -- Buslogic/Mylex MultiMaster SCSI host adapter driver SYNOPSIS
To compile this driver into the kernel, place the following lines in your kernel configuration file: device isa device scbus device bt In /boot/device.hints: hint.bt.0.at="isa" hint.bt.0.port="0x330" DESCRIPTION
This driver provides access to the SCSI bus connected to a Buslogic/Mylex MultiMaster or compatible controller: MultiMaster "W" Series Host Adapters: Adapter Bus Commands Description BT-948 PCI 192 Ultra SCSI-3 BT-958 PCI 192 Wide ULtra SCSI-3 BT-958D PCI 192 Wide Differential Ultra SCSI-3 MultiMaster "C" Series Host Adapters: Adapter Bus Commands Description BT-946C PCI 100 Fast SCSI-2 BT-956C PCI 100 Wide Fast SCSI-2 BT-956CD PCI 100 Wide Differential Fast SCSI-2 BT-445C VLB 100 Fast SCSI-2 BT-747C EISA 100 Fast SCSI-2 BT-757C EISA 100 Wide Fast SCSI-2 BT-757CD EISA 100 Wide Differential Fast SCSI-2 BT-545C ISA 50 Fast SCSI-2 BT-540CF ISA 50 Fast SCSI-2 MultiMaster "S" Series Host Adapters: Adapter Bus Commands Description BT-445S VLB 30 Fast SCSI-2 BT-747S EISA 30 Fast SCSI-2 BT-747D EISA 30 Differential Fast SCSI-2 BT-757S EISA 30 Wide Fast SCSI-2 BT-757D EISA 30 Wide Differential Fast SCSI-2 BT-545S ISA 30 Fast SCSI-2 BT-542D ISA 30 Differential Fast SCSI-2 BT-742A EISA 30 SCSI-2 (742A revision H) BT-542B ISA 30 SCSI-2 (542B revision H) MultiMaster "A" Series Host Adapters: Adapter Bus Commands Description BT-742A EISA 30 SCSI-2 (742A revisions A - G) BT-542B ISA 30 SCSI-2 (542B revisions A - G) Tagged queueing is supported on 'W' series adapters, 'C' series adapters with firmware of rev 4.42 and higher, and 'S' series adapters with firmware of rev 3.35 and higher. Boards with certain firmware revisions may lock up under heavy load to certain devices, especially if tagged queueing is used. Should you encounter a problem with your adapter, contact Mylex technical support and ensure you have the latest firmware for your controller. HARDWARE
The bt driver supports the following BusLogic MultiMaster ``W'', ``C'', ``S'', and ``A'' series and compatible SCSI host adapters: o BusLogic BT-445C o BusLogic BT-445S o BusLogic BT-540CF o BusLogic BT-542B o BusLogic BT-542B o BusLogic BT-542D o BusLogic BT-545C o BusLogic BT-545S o BusLogic/BusTek BT-640 o BusLogic BT-742A o BusLogic BT-742A o BusLogic BT-747C o BusLogic BT-747D o BusLogic BT-747S o BusLogic BT-757C o BusLogic BT-757CD o BusLogic BT-757D o BusLogic BT-757S o BusLogic BT-946C o BusLogic BT-948 o BusLogic BT-956C o BusLogic BT-956CD o BusLogic BT-958 o BusLogic BT-958D o Storage Dimensions SDC3211B / SDC3211F AMI FastDisk Host Adapters that are true BusLogic MultiMaster clones are also supported by the bt driver. SEE ALSO
cd(4), da(4), sa(4), scsi(4) HISTORY
The bt driver first appeared in the 386BSD patch kit. AUTHORS
Julian Elischer wrote a driver for the Multimaster cards that appeared in the 386BSD patch kit. The driver was rewritten by Justin T. Gibbs to take advantage of new board features and work with the CAM SCSI framework in FreeBSD 3.0. Special thanks to Leonard N. Zubkoff for writing such a complete and well documented Mylex/BusLogic MultiMaster driver for Linux. Support in this driver for the wide range of MultiMaster controllers and firmware revisions, with their otherwise undocumented quirks, would not have been possible without his efforts. BSD
June 18, 2006 BSD